My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids

2 posters

Go down

My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Empty My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids

Post by jennifer.clare Thu Apr 29 2021, 05:07

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone may have experienced this issue before or may be able to help.

My Staffy is 4.5 years old, she has always been quite afraid of children (not sure when this started happening, maybe after she was 18months old).

I don't have children myself, so she isn't around them very much.

She has always been a very submissive dog and can get anxious too.

She comes to work with me everyday and stays in the office.

The problem is if someone brings their kids in (anyone under age of 15/16 years old!) she barks and immediately tries to find them, wags her tail but acts unsure of them and afraid, but then she wants to be near them and try's to lick them but then just acts quite scared and barks.

When it comes to babies she is totally fine, but if the child is able to walk and talk she doesn't like it much .. and what's weird is she is still really intrigued by them and wants to be near them , she usually gets really low and crawls towards them.

Any advice on how I can help with this and stop the nervousness?

jennifer.clare
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Empty Re: My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids

Post by Jenc Thu Apr 29 2021, 07:42

Hi & welcome to the forum wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  Empty Re: My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids

Post by Jenc Thu Apr 29 2021, 07:49

Hi from me & Katy Smile Welcome to our forum. If she's a anxious girl children will make her worse, they can be noisy with sudden movements! Katy is wary of them but that's because the home we got her from had a 2yr old kid that screamed a lot & slapped her angry
I would always keep her on lead if there is children about & watch any interaction. She will get used to them if she has more contact with them.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

My 4.5 year old Staffy barks at kids  B110
Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down