help with my boistrous 2 year old staffy

5 posters

Go down

help with my boistrous 2 year old staffy Empty help with my boistrous 2 year old staffy

Post by emmap25 Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:52

my lovely staffy boy is 2 now but im having a few issues with him he is a terrible scrounger if there is any food or cups with drink in hes after them all the time he also jumps up at people and trys to grab there hands he doesent do it hard but its still a worry he only seems to listen to me. but the most worrying thing is that today my husband moved the dogs head away from his paw as he was biting it and my staffy nipped at his thumb I don't no what to do ive got 2 young sons and im starting to get a bit worried
emmap25
emmap25
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : bonnie and clyde
Dog(s) Ages : 1 and 18 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

help with my boistrous 2 year old staffy Empty Re: help with my boistrous 2 year old staffy

Post by Mia05 Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:07

You need to correct any behaviour with a firm no also just move any crockery out the way do as not to encourage scavenging move plates etc out the way high as possible

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

help with my boistrous 2 year old staffy B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

help with my boistrous 2 year old staffy Empty Re: help with my boistrous 2 year old staffy

Post by -Ian- Sat Mar 28 2015, 20:30

Hi Emma, I moved this to the behaviour section as it will get more views. I agree with the above post, remove all things that he can scavenge from. They will all take that advantage if given half a chance.

The nipping should be corrected with a firm no and keep all hands well out the way and ignore this bad behaviour. Replace with a toy where appropriate to reinforce that toys are ok to chew, people are not.

Being concerned is natural, however, apart from the thumb incident is there anything else that causes you concern ? All of the things you mention can be correct but everyone must follow the same rules including your 2 boys otherwise a confusing message will be delivered.

You should also remember that he is still young and will try to push boundries. You can work through this Smile

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

help with my boistrous 2 year old staffy B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Sat Mar 28 2015, 22:36

Agree with above. The most important thing is consistency. Also what are you feding him and how much exercise is he getting?
JStaff
JStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sun Mar 29 2015, 10:29

Hello! Has he head a vet check if he's chewing his paws, and scrounging excessively? May have snapped because his paw is sore of painful. Also, Jstaff's questions are very relevant. Consistency is so important, you all need to be reading from the same page, he should listen to everyone.
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down