Introducing staffy puppy to two year old male staffy

Go down

Introducing staffy puppy to two year old male staffy  Empty Introducing staffy puppy to two year old male staffy

Post by Lozzypops20 Wed Mar 13 2013, 20:51

I have a 2 year old male staffy he is great with people and other dogs , we brought a blue staffy puppy 3 days ago he is 7 weeks old and the older dog has been ok with him but keeps headbutting him and pushing him to the floor also barking at him the puppy is barking back is this normal and what thing shall i look out for also what can i do to help them get along ?

Lozzypops20
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Introducing staffy puppy to two year old male staffy  Empty Re: Introducing staffy puppy to two year old male staffy

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:33

Just make sure they both have plenty of space , a puppy can be so annoying , sounds like your older boy is putting him in his place already. Just make sure your older boy has plenty of time out. Does he like tug games , you could try introducing a game of tug etc between them as a buddy initiation thing
Staffs are all very different characters you can only train them so much and their character will always shine out . so maybe the pup is just the gobby one Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Introducing staffy puppy to two year old male staffy  Empty Re: Introducing staffy puppy to two year old male staffy

Post by Lozzypops20 Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:44

Aw thank you i will get a tug rope tomorrow and see how they get on Smile

Lozzypops20

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down