My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly

5 posters

Go down

My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Empty My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly

Post by Bonnie1969 Thu Nov 12 2020, 17:58

Hi there,
I have a beautiful blue stuffy called Bonnie. She is 12minths old in November and is a wonderful addition to her family.
We also have a 7year old maltipooh and they get on brilliant.
Bonnie has just started to eat my maltipoohs Pooh suddenly if we are not watching.
She is well in herself, playing and been nutty as usual. Eating and drinking.
This is a real puzzle to me.
As anybody experienced this before.
Sharon My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly 82f91110
Bonnie1969
Bonnie1969
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Empty Re: My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly

Post by Jenc Fri Nov 13 2020, 07:56

Hi & welcome to the forum wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly Empty Re: My 12mth old staff Bonnie eating my other dogs Pooh suddenly

Post by Jenc Fri Nov 13 2020, 07:59

Hi Sharon from me & Katy Smile Bonnie is a beautiful girl Love Struck I've not had a dog that eats dog poo but I believe it could mean she's lacking something in her diet.
Can i ask what you feed her?

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie1969 Fri Nov 13 2020, 08:12

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply she has Dr Johns silver dry dog food which we have no problems with.
She has only started doing this the last 2 weeks I read she might be missing something nutrient wise. Can you suggest anything
Thanks
Sharon & Bonnie Big Grin
Bonnie1969
Bonnie1969

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Fri Nov 13 2020, 08:52

Hi there & welcome.

It used to be said that a dog that eats poo (coprophagia) is missing nutrients. That's been discounted now & they just think that they've discovered that they like the taste! It could also be that for some reason the food your Maltipoo is eating isn't being fully digested and so Bonnie is tasting meat/food in the poo (you might want to get a vet check for your Maltipoo - what's her name by the way? - just to rule out anything going wrong there). It doesn't normally cause any harm, but it's still pretty revolting!

There are a few things you can do. One, obviously, is to watch them both like a hawk & pick up any poo immediately. If she goes near any poo that hasn't been picked up, a sharp "leave" (or similar) is in order! You can also give your Maltipoo raw pineapple - it's supposed to make the poo unpalatable. You can also buy stuff from the vets (maybe online as well? Cheaper that way) that does the same thing.

But mainly, it's up to you to be super vigilant and pick up poo immediately.

Last edited by gillybrent on Sat Nov 14 2020, 08:03; edited 1 time in total

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Nov 14 2020, 07:16

Hello and welcome.
Both of mine are poo eaters (unfortunately) but as gilly says, pick up as soon as delivery is done and they won’t have the temptation or opportunity.

Just one thought, the bitches will eat their puppies’ poo to stimulate the pups’ digestive system and to keep the nest clean, it’s a maternal thing. As your staffy is 12 months old and perhaps has just had her first season, it could be a hormonal change that is making her eat poo. Is she eating hers as well or just the maltipooh ? Are both dogs eating the same food ?

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie1969 Sat Nov 14 2020, 19:51

Thanks for your reply, Bonnie has been spayed already as my maltipooh Bobby is a boy certainly didn’t want any accidents lol.
Both dogs eat the same food and she has only started doing it this last week.
Bonnie1969
Bonnie1969

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sat Nov 14 2020, 22:39

Out of interest, when was Bonnie spayed? Was it recently?

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Wed Nov 18 2020, 21:34

aww.. Beautiful.

dad2paisley
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Your Country : Australia
Dogs Name(s) : Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice, Elsa

http://thehangoutzone.aimoo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down