has anyone had dogs suddenly not sleeping

3 posters

Go down

has anyone had dogs suddenly not sleeping Empty has anyone had dogs suddenly not sleeping

Post by crystel Tue Oct 30 2012, 15:41

Hi All i hope everyone is well and all your gorgeous doggies are happy and healthy Smile
My Ava is 9mnths now where the time has gone i don,t know.
She has always been a really good girl at night i have owned LOTS of staffords and she was the easiest one too train over nights she was fully over night toilet trained at 12wks so never really played up at night going from
11.30pm until 7am!!
She was finally allowed out of her crate and sneaked on too my bed with Skye at around17wks Rolling Eyes
She loves too sleep and never really disturbed me at nights, now for the last 3nights she has not slept, there is nothing wrong with her, the 1st night i though she may have had an upset tummy so let her out, she did nothing, just wanted too play little bugger Laughing she wouldn,t settle she kept juming on me wanting too play i tried all the training tools i know from 25yrs experience i ignored her, i let her out and then just said bed no other attention if i locked her back in the kitchen she barked constantly when i let her back with me she kept jumping on me and my other dog full of energy and playing, this has now gone on for 3nights i,m at my wits end at wits end
She has plenty of exercise isn,t feed late i have tried uping her mental training in the evenings as i don,t want her too stimulated!!
Any help or advice would be really appreciated xxxx
crystel
crystel
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 7yrs and 1yr
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 101

Back to top Go down

has anyone had dogs suddenly not sleeping Empty Re: has anyone had dogs suddenly not sleeping

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 16:11

Has she been spayed? Could she be coming into season?

If not, then it could be that she's needing a little more exercise before bedtime!

Back to top Go down

has anyone had dogs suddenly not sleeping Empty Re: has anyone had dogs suddenly not sleeping

Post by crystel Tue Oct 30 2012, 16:28

Hi Caryll hope you and dempsey are well yes shes been spayed she has quite alot of exercise 2hrs walking and at least 2/3hours plus playing with Skye i just don,t get it shes normally a lazy mare lol silly thought but i wonder if the clocks going back has effected her x
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 16:40

Either that or she likes the cooler weather! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Tue Oct 30 2012, 16:45

Caryll wrote:Either that or she likes the cooler weather! Laughing
LOL Laughing My 8yr old nephew did say because her coat was so shiny she looked like a seal so maybe she does little sod i,m shattered Straight Face
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Oct 30 2012, 19:01

Do you live in a town or in the countryside?? Could it be she is hearing animals outside like foxes for example.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 21:19

It could be increased energy levels due to the cooler weather. We've had to increase Suki's exercise routine as of late

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Tue Oct 30 2012, 21:33

Treadmill Laughing but seriously what are you feeding her on ? or have you changed her diet recently .
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Tue Oct 30 2012, 21:48

thanks all i am sure valuim will be easier Laughing
I am sure it isn,t something wrong and Kathy she isn,t barking or fretting too get out like shes heard or sensed a fox, she just wants too play!!
She gets so mush exercise i am at home all day with my dogs and they play for hours and get two good runs everyday where i run them off properly,
but have tried too keep her busy today i just hope she settles down soon xx
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 06:10

Hi
Roxy is also 9 months old and spayed. As she turned 9 months she started doing the same thing - went from being a good sleeper to wanting to play all night. Could it be an adolescence phase? She also gets a good 1 hr walk every night and loads of vigorous activity during the day. I've even tried to keep her up during the day so she's tired at night - but she prefers to play in the darker hours!
Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Wed Oct 31 2012, 08:51

RoxysMum wrote:Hi
Roxy is also 9 months old and spayed. As she turned 9 months she started doing the same thing - went from being a good sleeper to wanting to play all night. Could it be an adolescence phase? She also gets a good 1 hr walk every night and loads of vigorous activity during the day. I've even tried to keep her up during the day so she's tired at night - but she prefers to play in the darker hours!
Good luck!
Ah thanks for that i hope Roxy is sleeping better now, i have done the same i was even waking her up in the day but it made no difference she just wanted too play at night, i have just started ignoring her and she was alittle better last night, i did some research and there is some studies that say they can get a muscle growth spurt betweem 8/12mnths which can give them more energy Rolling Eyes
Oh well i am sure she will settle soon xx
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 09:58

Yes, they will definitely settle soon. Ours just pops off to the garden through her doggy flap and plays and plays. We leave hooves and ropes out for her and she runs around the garden like the gorgeous girl she is Smile She doesn't bark or bother anyone and is safe and happy so that's what counts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down