5 year staff suddenly started weeing at night

5 posters

Go down

5 year staff suddenly started weeing at night Empty 5 year staff suddenly started weeing at night

Post by kirsty79 Fri Feb 04 2011, 23:37

Hi all, this is my first post so hello.
we have have an adorable 5 year old staff who is generally a good and very happy dog, but recently she has started weeing at night and sometimes fouling. We could go to bed at midnight and up at 7am and we still come down to puddles, even though she has been out and done her business before she goes to bed. we have tried allsorts putting paper down which she just chews up and sprays to neutralise the smell. She doesnt do anything when we are out at work and as a result we are at our wits end any advice would be appreciated

kirsty79
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

5 year staff suddenly started weeing at night Empty Re: 5 year staff suddenly started weeing at night

Post by janey Sat Feb 05 2011, 00:04

Hay and welcome to the forum, I had trouble with mine, she had diareah most nights, would take her out last thing, as late as I could, but she still went overnight. I changed her diet and feeding times.

How long have you had her and is it a recent thing??
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

5 year staff suddenly started weeing at night Empty Re: 5 year staff suddenly started weeing at night

Post by sbt4me Sat Feb 05 2011, 01:07

Welcome to the forums and I am sorry to hear of the troubles with your girl. Is she on any medications? My girl is on antibiotics right now and is peeing constantly!!

I'm not sure what is going on with your girl but If were my dog i would make sure to feed early, and not let her drink much water before bed.

Does she have free run of the downstairs?

Any changes in the household to cause her stress?

I always hate to bring up medical issues but of course if you are stumped for the reasons why she is doing this it could be urinary infection. If this continues I would take her in to the Vet for a check up. Good luck!

sbt4me
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Deuce and Eva
Dog Gender(s) : m & F
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Sat Feb 05 2011, 10:39

I'd drop by the vet and rule out a UTI first. Sometimes changing feeding rutines can help, especially if you feed kibble as this can make them very thirsty and "over drink". You might try feeding either earlier or later and see if it makes a difference. (Last thing before bedtime might be a good place to start. Giving it a few hours to pass through the system.)
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sat Feb 05 2011, 13:56

I think getting checked for a UTI is a good idea, if you see her weeing, check to see if there is any blood or if she is straining.
It may not be a UTI, but a vet will be able to tell you for sure, if nothing has changed at home, it could be more medical than anything else, but have a think about what's happened around her in the past few weeks, it could be something so simple and minor that you can change back.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down