Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder

3 posters

Go down

Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Empty Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder

Post by Jaimee-Louise Tue Aug 24 2021, 19:54

Hey All,

Before we picked our little Tex up how the breeder was talking started to raise some red flags with us. She mentioned she had separated them from their mum at 4 weeks because their mum was tired and getting bitten by the pup's teeth. She had been feeding them puppy milk, she tried to force us to pick the pups up as soon as possible and she gave them their vaccines late.

We still went ahead with collecting him at 8 weeks because we wondered what kind of life he might have otherwise.
When we arrive she throws him at us, he was shaking and so scared, vomiting out of fear.

When we got him home it was obvious he had 0 bite inhibition, our legs and arms were in shreds. He was basically feral. He's 14 weeks now and it's been extremely hard and tiring training and working with him but he's made huge improvements.

However, he still has some issues with biting (We have tried everything). Some of it I know is teething and play but some of it can seem aggressive. An example he jumped up on the sofa today (He's not allowed) I went to get him down he growls and barks aggressively none stop then bites me hard 3 times breaking the skin and making me bleed. This happens every time he manages to jump on the sofa.

Any advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated, is it something I should be worried about at 14 weeks? It's the only time I've seen him display any kind of aggression? We just want the best for him.

Many thanks!

Jaimee-Louise
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Empty Re: Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder

Post by Jenc Tue Aug 24 2021, 21:15

Hi & welcome to the forum wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder Empty Re: Difficult Staffy Puppy From a Bad Breeder

Post by Jenc Tue Aug 24 2021, 21:33

Hi from me & Katy, welcome to our forum Smile I feel your pain with Tex, Katy was advertised as a 6 week old pup when I spoke to the owner her uncle had bred them, taken Katy away at 5wks & after a week she advertised her angry There was no way I was leaving her there in a basement flat with her 2yr old kid slapping her!!
Previous history done, it was like living with a Tasmanian Devil Surprised all teeth! I would redirect his biting to a toy when he starts to bite you, I must say the art of yelping like a sibling only made Katy worse!
I can promise you he's not being aggressive, puppies don't know aggression he's just trying the boundaries! If he gets on the sofa tell him in a firm voice NO, pick him up & put him on the floor & repeat. He will get the idea, staffies are intelligent Smile
We would love to see pics of him Love Struck

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Wed Aug 25 2021, 05:35

Hello and welcome.
Good on you for taking your boy under your wing.
Your boy clearly has lots of character so as Jen says, he’s testing.

Just wondering if you are able to present him to other dogs and if so, how is his behavior ?
My breeder friend had to remove mum from a litter at 2 weeks old due to chronic mastitis so she fed puppy milk with kibble. However, the pups also interacted with the other adult dogs so they learnt dog manners that way. Perhaps your boy missed this stage of life ?

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down