Staffy Puppy that apparently doesn't look like a staffy? HELP.

+7
Nosipho
acidrane13
b and t
raverhayley
gem
Steve
johnny92
11 posters

Go down

Staffy Puppy that apparently doesn't look like a staffy? HELP. Empty Staffy Puppy that apparently doesn't look like a staffy? HELP.

Post by johnny92 Sun Mar 06 2011, 21:01

I keep getting told by people that my puppy doesn't quite look like a puppy. :/

Staffy Puppy that apparently doesn't look like a staffy? HELP. Pht_2011

I'll put some more pictures of him in the gallery section.
It wouldn't bother me too much if he wasn't he's still a lovely dog.
johnny92
johnny92
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Kade
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Staffy Puppy that apparently doesn't look like a staffy? HELP. Empty Re: Staffy Puppy that apparently doesn't look like a staffy? HELP.

Post by Steve Sun Mar 06 2011, 21:12

he look ok to me!

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Staffy Puppy that apparently doesn't look like a staffy? HELP. Empty Re: Staffy Puppy that apparently doesn't look like a staffy? HELP.

Post by gem Sun Mar 06 2011, 21:33

Awww johny he's a lovely dog and does it really matter to you what he looks like. I always advise if you want a nice stafford go and buy from a reputable breeder then you know what you are getting. There are too many out there that will tell you anything and all pups are cute and if your not experienced you don't know what to look for. He is a lovely boy and what matters is he is part of your family and beauty is only skin deep so enjoy him and it doesn't matter what anyone says Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny92 Sun Mar 06 2011, 21:40

I know, he's my first dog and he is such a wonderful pet. I think he's gorgeous, I was just worried because I bought him on the understanding that he was a Staffy, bu then I get told two days ago by one of the family members that I bought him from that his dad wasn't actually full staffy but a cross between staffy and amercan pitbull.

I'm not so shallow to hate him for the rest of my life because of what he looks like, I just don't know whether he is legal in this country because he may have pitbull in him. If he was, in no circumstances would I willingly hand him over because of his genetics. He is a part of the family.
johnny92
johnny92

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Mar 06 2011, 21:43

there no chance of him having american pitbull in him.... pitbull are banned and 99% of them are not really pitbull just cross breed that have similar to american pitbull.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Mar 06 2011, 21:46

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/americanpitbullterrierphotos.html <<-- real pits Wink

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Mar 06 2011, 22:04

i would say your dog is staffy x whippet because of the ear

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Sun Mar 06 2011, 22:18

a few people have said my pup looks like a staf cross, but i dont care coz hes beautiful and i love him. as far as i no he is a full staff, but staffs have different characteristics....some short n stocky but mine is quite tall with a longer nose
raverhayley
raverhayley
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruiser
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 22:32

if not what steve says staffy/wippet
i would say staffy jack russel but deff not any pit in him
but he is a hansome chap and i would say he will fill out nicely in a year or so as he still a baby

Back to top Go down

Post by b and t Sun Mar 06 2011, 23:20

raverhayley wrote:a few people have said my pup looks like a staf cross, but i dont care coz hes beautiful and i love him. as far as i no he is a full staff, but staffs have different characteristics....some short n stocky but mine is quite tall with a longer nose

That's exactly what Bugsy was like, quite tall, long legs and longish nose. But he was a KC reg staff that we got from a proper breeder, but whatever, he was a loved family pet!
b and t
b and t
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 23:21

His gorgeous whatever he has in him Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 23:49

He doesn't look anything like a pit to me! He's a lovely looking fella, with gorgeous eyes and a lot of very 'stafford' features.

Enjoy him as he is, and if anyone asks, just tell them he's a staff. After all, they come in all shapes & sizes!

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny92 Sun Mar 06 2011, 23:58

Thanks people, it means a lot to hear helpful advice.
I'm 100% certain that he has no whippet in him or jack russel, but whatever he is, he's my gorgeous staffy.

I'm sure he'll turn into a handsome chap haha.
johnny92
johnny92

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 23:58

He's already handsome!

As I said, to me he doesn't look anything like pitbull!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 08:29

he is very handsome whatever he is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 12:27

He is very handsome,and has lovely colouring Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 15:01

He's gorgeous. Ive often been asked if my boy is a mix cos apparently he doesn't look that much like a staff. I love my boy to bits, whether he looks like a staff or not. As thr others have said, there's certainly no pitbull in him.

Back to top Go down

Post by acidrane13 Mon Mar 07 2011, 15:11

I think unless you get them from a proper breeder, you can never be 100% sure.

Chase isnt kc, i was told he is pure breed, but you never know.

But like everyone has said you have a great looking dog, he is quite long in the muzzel, but my friend had one that was the same, then he got to about a year and a half and started to fill out and then you could really tell he was a staff.

Staffs come in so many shapes and sizes nowadays its always hard to know for sure.
acidrane13
acidrane13
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Staffy Puppy that apparently doesn't look like a staffy? HELP. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Chase
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Mon Mar 07 2011, 15:32

I think he is lovely and almost all stafford, like others have said maybe a bit of JRT or whippet in him. He is very handsome though and looks like a good dog.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 16:54

He is beautiful Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 17:08

He looks fine and like you say you love him and that's what matters

your the 3rd person from Boro on here now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Mon Mar 07 2011, 18:11

Aww, what a sweetie. I wouldnt say that I could see any Pit Bull in him.
four leaf clover
four leaf clover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Tue Mar 08 2011, 21:59

awww he's lovely Smile you enjoy him and sod what people say Smile

I am having a simlar situation, My neighbour has a brindle staffy and he is 11 weeks on saturday and he is tiny, mine is 10 weeks on friday and twice the size and they are saying because we haven't got papers our puppy is crossbred, which he's not, we made friends with the girl that sold him and we saw photos of her dog sadly she died 5 weeks after the puppies were born due the puppies taking all the goodness and calcium out of the mother, and the father is called nero from bluehouseofstaffs kennel name shaks blue hunk , we phoned Nero's owner who also owns bluehouseofstaffs and he comfirmed that everything that we were told by the girl who sold us Bruno. So we know that he's 100 % staffy as bluehouseofstaffs only mate their stud with a staffy and no other breed: ) well the neighbour i think its just the green eyed monster showing its face : )

Anyway enjoy your puppy Smile

Anne Smile
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 22:02

Bruno311210 wrote: well the neighbour i think its just the green eyed monster showing its face : )

Anne Smile

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Jealousy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Tue Mar 08 2011, 22:19

Yep I think i have : )
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny92 Wed Mar 09 2011, 14:16

Thanks everyone, it means alot to talk to some people who can relate.
johnny92
johnny92

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Mar 18 2011, 19:29

Bruno311210 wrote:awww he's lovely Smile you enjoy him and sod what people say Smile

I am having a simlar situation, My neighbour has a brindle staffy and he is 11 weeks on saturday and he is tiny, mine is 10 weeks on friday and twice the size and they are saying because we haven't got papers our puppy is crossbred, which he's not, we made friends with the girl that sold him and we saw photos of her dog sadly she died 5 weeks after the puppies were born due the puppies taking all the goodness and calcium out of the mother, and the father is called nero from bluehouseofstaffs kennel name shaks blue hunk , we phoned Nero's owner who also owns bluehouseofstaffs and he comfirmed that everything that we were told by the girl who sold us Bruno. So we know that he's 100 % staffy as bluehouseofstaffs only mate their stud with a staffy and no other breed: ) well the neighbour i think its just the green eyed monster showing its face : )

Anne Smile
What a shame poor mummy ive never heard of that maybe pyometra or something similar just really sad bet they were heartbroken
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Fri Mar 18 2011, 20:56

When we went to see the puppy, the girl was telling us about the mum and how she died and how she did all she could to help her and she had tears in her eyes, she was devastated, she had the mum creamated and has the urn and a footprint in the dogs favourite place, in front of the tv where she used lie and watch the tv.
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 20:58

oh that is so sad, she was obviously loved

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Fri Mar 18 2011, 21:06

ive seen pitbulls loads of people own them near my oh area and he doesnt look like he has any att all in him
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Fri Mar 18 2011, 21:17

lynne - she was really loved, the girl has tons of photos of her. But she said she won't be getting another as it really upset her son (he's 8 ) but she is going buy a budgie or something for her son
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Mon Mar 21 2011, 07:56

wouldnt worry m8 i had loads of comments lola as too big or her ears were wrong.......3 months on shes bloody huge and proper staffy looking now lol hes gorgeouse pal.........

p.s. hi everyone im still here lol
lolalollypop
lolalollypop

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 13:35

I don't see any pit in him. I could see whippet as others suggested, or some sort of hound.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down