First staffy puppy

3 posters

Go down

First staffy puppy Empty First staffy puppy

Post by Snatchfriggit Sat Feb 08 2020, 10:59

Hi everyone
I have got a 15 week old staffy puppy called Roxi, she is doing well regarding her development ( well I think so) she will go to the back door when she needs to toilet. It's rare to have accidents in the house. She does have the occasional accident in her pen (5 foot x 5 foot) but I'm a bit bemused because she is very nippy/biting for the majority of the time. She will be sat playing nicely and then will charge at me and bite my hands. If she is close enough she sometimes goes for my cheek/neck. She very rarely does it to my girlfriend.

Is there something I'm maybe doing wrong which is why she mainly behaves like that with me.

Any help would be greatly recieved

:-)

Snatchfriggit
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

First staffy puppy Empty Re: First staffy puppy

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Feb 08 2020, 15:12

Hi & welcome to the forum  wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

First staffy puppy Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

First staffy puppy Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

First staffy puppy Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
First staffy puppy Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
First staffy puppy Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
First staffy puppy Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
First staffy puppy Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

First staffy puppy B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Feb 08 2020, 15:25

Hello and welcome from my girls and me.

Congratulations on your new family member.
Nippy biting is normal for a puppy in that it’s also their way of discovering the world around them (like a human baby will try to put everything in their mouth).

I’m guessing that your girl charging for you and even going for the cheek/face is because she’s identified you as her playmate. That’s not a problem but you need to set ground rules like no lunging for the face, ever. You also need to teach a stop/time out command to stop the play when needed to avoid it going overboard.

Is your girlfriend the one who feeds her, by any chance ?

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

First staffy puppy B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sat Feb 08 2020, 15:33

Hi & welcome.

I would also ask who feeds her & which food she's getting?

Nipping is very normal for a pup, and you just need to show her that it isn't appreciated! Every time she nips/lunges, walk away & don't interact with her at all - don't even look at her - for a few seconds, until she is more calm. Keep repeating that & she'll get better, although it often improves a bit after teething.

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Snatchfriggit Sun Feb 23 2020, 14:40

Hi everyone,

sorry for the late reply

My girlfriend usually feeds her. I have tried the ignoring her but to no avail. She is beginning to bite more often and with more force. I think we are getting something wrong.

I'm sure she's very intelligent but I am more sure of how stubborn she seems. She is very willful and it's almost likes she looks at us and thinks today I shall be a pain. Then an hour later she settles down.

The joys of puppyhood

Snatchfriggit

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down