Stubborn Poops!

3 posters

Go down

Stubborn Poops!  Empty Stubborn Poops!

Post by Luna_blueprice Thu Oct 31 2019, 01:50

Hi,
I recently received some advice from this forum on how to stop my 17 week old baby girl from biting and it has worked better than anything I've been told by others so was hoping someone would have the answer to a very stinky issue me and Luna are having.

Every night Luna has her last meal at anywhere between 6-7pm and will have a poop around 2 hours after this time. Then before bed she will always need another. Every night before bed we go outside for about 30 minutes in the garden (it has to be on the lead or she runs into next doors) but she refuses to poo. She will either sit down and stare into the stones, or cry and try to run back into the house. I've tried keeping her out there for as long as possible but after a while we come inside. Without fail, every single night when we come back inside and I leave the room to brush my teeth or sort myself out for bed, she will poop. This is always no longer than 5/10 minutes after we've come in, regardless of how long we spend in the garden.
She always tries to scratch at the door and barks before she poops so at this point I'm certain she does it just to annoy me - or as payback for leaving her for just a minute.

We constantly praise her when she poops outside, and when she poops inside I tie her outside in the garden (on an extra long extendable lead) while I clean up the poo (or she'll try and eat it whilst im cleaning) but nothing seems to be working as of yet.

Any help would be massively appreciated!!
Lots of love, Luna's mum.

Luna_blueprice
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status : 15 week stubborn blue staffy
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Stubborn Poops!  Empty Re: Stubborn Poops!

Post by Jenc Thu Oct 31 2019, 20:42

What are you feeding Luna? She shouldn't need 2 poos after a feed!! Rather than looking back through posts Smile I usually feed Katy around 5/6pm but she wont poop until 7am next day! At 17wks Luna should be able to hold til the morning

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Stubborn Poops!  B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Fri Nov 01 2019, 08:52

Jenc wrote:What are you feeding Luna? She shouldn't need 2 poos after a feed!! Rather than looking back through posts Smile I usually feed Katy around 5/6pm but she wont poop until 7am next day! At 17wks Luna should be able to hold til the morning

Actually, many dogs don't obtain full bowel control until 6 months, so 17 weeks isn't unusual.

I would also ask what food she's on, and how many meals she has a say & at what times?

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna_blueprice Fri Nov 01 2019, 19:36

She is currently on three 50g meals a day of Wainwrights Puppy Complete dry food, breakfast at 8:30, lunch at 1 and evening meal between 6-7pm and will have a denture stick at around 11am.

The issue is that although she goes out nearly every hour, if not every 2, there are still times that she poops in the house, and will eat it, and then as said earlier, her evening poop has been in the house even after being outside for 30 minutes and I thought she's probably pooping so much because she's eating so much poop!

Luna_blueprice

Status Status : 15 week stubborn blue staffy
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sat Nov 02 2019, 18:20

It might be worth switching food - it's possible that Wainwright's has too much fibre for her?

I would also try feeding her a little earlier in the evening,perhaps around 4.30? Then a short walk at about 9pm before bedtime.

Is she crate trained?

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down