Shampoo & Other Things .....

3 posters

Go down

Shampoo & Other Things ..... Empty Shampoo & Other Things .....

Post by palace1000 Thu Aug 17 2017, 19:39

I got Maggie about 5 months ago, she is 5 yrs old, she was a rescue dog. She came with Malaseb shampoo as she had had a bad flea attack from previous owner.

I have just finished the bottle, I was wondering what shampoo people would recommend, as I've looked online, but there are so many choices.

She was also on Advocate ( is it prescription only ? ), but that has just finished as well, should I carry that on for her, as vet said she would always be liable to flea attack now. I have read about frontline and another make , but seem to have mixed reviews in places.

She has a part on her lower back where hair has not grown back fully, vet says it probably never will, but other people have told me to try a herbal remedy on her ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

palace1000
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Shampoo & Other Things ..... Empty Re: Shampoo & Other Things .....

Post by Jnestie84 Sun Aug 20 2017, 08:15

Hi & welcome to the forum wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

Shampoo & Other Things ..... Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

Shampoo & Other Things ..... Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Shampoo & Other Things ..... Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Shampoo & Other Things ..... Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Shampoo & Other Things ..... Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Shampoo & Other Things ..... Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
Shampoo & Other Things ..... Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Shampoo & Other Things ..... B310

Jnestie84
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Jnestie84 Sun Aug 20 2017, 08:25

Hi and welcome. We are lucky that we are lucky that we don't have to bath Gus often. We bought soap from www.baresoap.co.uk they do an animal soap. It's all natural so thought it would be good for staffies with sensitive skin.

Shampoo & Other Things ..... B310

Jnestie84

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 20 2017, 08:48

Hi and welcome from me too! Well done on your rescue, I'd love to hear more about her.

I almost never bathe my dogs, the exception is mainly when they (usually Nola) roll in something. Otherwise I leave nature to look after their skin and coats. Over-bathing can cause dryness and other skin problems. If you need to continue bathing for medical reasons, then follow veterinary advice on what product to use, otherwise use natural products and as rarely as possible.

I also don't use a regular flea product as we've never had a flea on a dog and I don't like using chemicals when I don't need to. However, if your girl has had a flea allergy issue, it may be advisable to continue using one especially during the spring and summer. Again, I'd follow vet advice.

Re hair regrowth, I personally would say save your money and buy her some treats instead. Damaged skin will either mend on its own or not at all, I don't have much faith in the power of any lotions or potions to help. If she remains a little patchy in places, it'll just be part of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sun Aug 20 2017, 09:33

Hello and welcome.

I would also follow your vet's advice as they are able to look over Maggie, we cannot.
As to continuing advocate or other such as frontline, my vet told me last week that advocate is a much better product than frontline, probably why you need a prescription to buy.

Shampoo & Other Things ..... B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down