do I stud my boy ?

3 posters

Go down

do I stud my boy ? Empty do I stud my boy ?

Post by mikecoupe Wed Jun 08 2011, 13:15

I know people have got different views on staff studding, but alf is just past 17 months now and is starting to get the usual urges(little marks on the sette) lol and humping my mates leg, I don't realy want him to have the snip, but on the other hand I don't want people to use him to breed just for the money, he's got a very good blood line with 15 champs in the 5gen cert, so would be a shame not to carry it on, does anyone use theirs for breeding or know a good place to advertise ? thanks all

Last edited by mikecoupe on Wed Jun 08 2011, 15:41; edited 1 time in total
mikecoupe
mikecoupe
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : alfie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

do I stud my boy ? Empty Re: do I stud my boy ?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 14:10

i cant help much lol, Personally i wont use any of my males as stud's my previous staffy was castrated and my current male is castrated who also has champions in his bloodline inc his dad.
I buy mine simply for pets and not to breed from, but other people have differant views etc etc, looking at your pik he looks a gorg lad! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 14:29

staffy-lover89 wrote:i cant help much lol, Personally i wont use any of my males as stud's my previous staffy was castrated and my current male is castrated who also has champions in his bloodline inc his dad.
I buy mine simply for pets and not to breed from, but other people have differant views etc etc, looking at your pik he looks a gorg lad! Smile

Also my boy was castrated at 6mths as hes a pet only, I think on the right terms breedings ok but not just "cos" as theres sooo many unwanted in rescues, my local rescue has 4 unrelated pups under 5mths and 3 adults Sad
But he does looks lovely Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 15:07

Has he been tested for all the relevent genetic dieseases (spelling) and is he a good example of the breed and have u a bitch lined up with all these things as well and will your dogs be compatable? x

Back to top Go down

Post by mikecoupe Wed Jun 08 2011, 15:37

no not had the tests done purely because i never had any intetion of breeding him, two of my mates have stunning bitches and keep asking my to use alf but are both only interested in what they can sell the pups for so i have already told them i am not breeding him because i dont believe in doing it for profit, and yes thanks kelly and nikki he is gorg hes my pride and joy, i just dont know if i could go through with having him de-nutted lol
mikecoupe
mikecoupe

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 16:36

blaze wrote:Has he been tested for all the relevent genetic dieseases (spelling) and is he a good example of the breed and have u a bitch lined up with all these things as well and will your dogs be compatable? x

An absolute must if you want to breed from him.

mikecoupe wrote:no not had the tests done purely because i never had any intetion of breeding him, two of my mates have stunning bitches and keep asking my to use alf but are both only interested in what they can sell the pups for so i have already told them i am not breeding him because i dont believe in doing it for profit, and yes thanks kelly and nikki he is gorg hes my pride and joy, i just dont know if i could go through with having him de-nutted lol

You don't need to have him neutered unless you want to! The humping won't be stopped by either breeding from him or (most probably) castrating him, only training will do that! Castrating may stop some territorial marking & may possibly reduce the humping and any aggressive behaviour, but won't stop it completely.

Before even considering using him at stud you should get the opinion of an expert - a stafford judge or well known breeder - as to whether he is 'good enough' to use. If he has any major faults (and all dogs have some faults) then don't even consider it. If an expert says he has something to offer the breed then choose the bitch carefully, check her bloodlines as well as his to make sure they are compatible, get all health tests done & make sure that the bitch has also had them and then ask around to see if there are enough good, forever homes for possibly 8 or 9 pups. Then and only then should you go ahead.

If you can't do any of the above, don't breed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Jun 08 2011, 16:40

^^^ Great Post Caryll
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikecoupe Wed Jun 08 2011, 18:20

yep cant argue with that ! thanks for the advise caryll, Smile
mikecoupe
mikecoupe

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Wed Jun 08 2011, 21:30

I was thinking this with kaiser because he is 2 and a half and mine is for the same reasons because he seems to hump pur friends arms alot these days and i cant bring myself to de nut him either Laughing I thought about it but dont think i could do it because id worry to much about who the pups had gone to and id probably end up wanting them all also kaiser has no papers so that kind of put me off as i dont want people to think im just doing it for money id love one of his babies to keep part of him in the family also because i think he is a good example of the breed everybody always comments on him when we are walking him
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 22:03

Nosipho wrote:^^^ Great Post Caryll
thumbs up couldnt of said it better myself x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 22:22

Nosipho wrote:^^^ Great Post Caryll
Big Grin

My neutered male i rescued still humped occasionaly so like caryll said, it wont wipe that out completely it will just tame it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 15:22

Touchy subject. I agree that breeding should only take place if health testing has been done and if a suitable bitch is chosen. The main problem is finding the pups loving, forever homes. So many people start off with every intention of buying a puppy, raising it well and giving it a forever home but when they get the pup home, they find it harder than they thought, and either can't deal with it or can't be bothered and it ends up in rescue. I would think long and hard before deciding to breed your dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down