Coughing

Go down

Coughing Empty Coughing

Post by debtom Tue Apr 30 2013, 15:50

Hi everyone

My Caley has started coughing a little bit. It all started yesterday morning, she was fine when she got up and then she had a little treat when she came in from garden, after a little while she started coughing, it was like she was trying to cough something up, this carried on for 45 mins. I called the vet and made an appointment for her. I was worried she might have kennel cough, but would have no idea where she would have got it from.

Her cough settled by the time I took her vets, I then thought she might have had something caught. The vet gave her a thorough check over, her lungs were all perfectly clear, the only thing she found was that she had a slight eye infection and also her anal glands are infected (again). So she is on antibiotics for these. The vet thought she might have strachted her throat, but ruled out kennel cough.

Anyway, she was pretty calm the rest of the day, no coughing whilst sleeping or moping about, she had a couple of coughs when she got excited though. Last night she slept peacefully all night, this morning she only seemed to have a cough when excited again or been in the garden. She only seems to cough when she is excited, does anyone have any ideas on what this could be.

All other ways she is fine, happy, playing and eating all normally. I just find it odd. Sad

Moved post to Health Issues

Last edited by Kathy on Tue Apr 30 2013, 16:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post moved to Health Issues)
debtom
debtom
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Coughing Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Caley
Dog(s) Ages : Born 2 April 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Coughing Empty Re: Coughing

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30 2013, 16:09

If it's when she's excited, it probably is that she's scratched her throat. A lot of dogs can get excitement coughs as well. Also, as the weather is warming up, there are a lot more allergens around, so it could also be something irritating her throat. If I were you, I'd just keep an eye on her. Smile If she shows any signs of discomfort or pain, another vet trip wouldn't go amiss. Otherwise, it could just be as the vet said.

At least the vet trip caught the infections in time! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30 2013, 16:14

I take it the vet listened to heart & lungs? I daresay he did, in which case I wouldn't worry!

It could be something as simple as grass scartching her throat, or even a little allergy as we're coming into spring now.

If it isn't bothering her then don't let it bother you! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by debtom Tue Apr 30 2013, 16:18

The vet did a thorough examination and as Caley had her paws on my shoulders and cuddling my neck, the vet commented that she could listen to all areas of her heart and lungs very clearly and it was all clear and sounded perfect.

The nurse at the vet said it could be allergies as well, I guess I will have to keep an eye on her, I just worry over the slightest thing lol. Thank You.
debtom
debtom
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Coughing Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Caley
Dog(s) Ages : Born 2 April 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30 2013, 16:23

There's no harm in being careful!

We all worry about our furry friends. I think the only thing that stops me running to the vets with every little ailment is 40+ years experience. Mind you, I still don't take chances! Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30 2013, 16:52

I hope caley feels well again soon, something & nothing hopefully. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down