EmLou28
Steve
Eris
Mani
Fryfogle29
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Irresponsible Breeding ??  - Page 2 Empty Irresponsible Breeding ??

Post by Fryfogle29 Sun Feb 17 2013, 21:50

First topic message reminder :

Alright. So My Husband and I finally went to go see the Puppies and their parents ( after he made me wait impatiently all day) we didn't go until 3pm !! ugh!

All went well, as soon as the his co-workers wife opened the door we were greeted by the cat and the mum. Mummy is quite small! I wasn't expecting to see such a tiny Staffy mum when I got in the door but she's gorgeous Smile The woman told us as soon as we stepped inside that the Dad was upstairs because she didn't want him to jump on us and all, But I told her that I don't mind being jumped up on bring him down. And so after my Husband took my lead (good boy!) Laughing and told her to bring him down she did. He didn't jump up on us at all util we had been there for a few minutes, and even then he didn't jump he simply stood up and started licking my husbands shirt to death Laughing Laughing Dad is also a very handsome dog all brindle.

The visit was going good. and THEN the woman opened her mouth. I've decided I really do not like her at all. Firstly she continued to call her dogs pit's and they're not pittbulls but I just bit my lip and said nothing.. She doesn't have the bitch nor the Dog registered, which is why the pups aren't (so that's WHY they said if we wanted papers we'd have to pay, because they don't even have papers.) @@ She said they're both pure breed, (which her husband told me also.) But the bombshell is yet to come. He told me everything I wanted to hear and his wife today told me everything I didn't. I didn't ask at all but we were talking she said she "We had to save $300 to buy these 2." I said " You got mum and dad at the same time?" she goes. "Yes, they're brother and sister from the same litter." Surprised Surprised Straight Face Straight Face Straight Face Straight Face

I think she realized by my lack of a reply at all that my wheels started turning. I looked at the puppies, they seem perfectly normal. and I'm just amazed that as she continued to talk and trip over herself she said " Animals are animals they mate with each other in the wild all the time, it's perfectly NORMAL for them to just mate. doesn't matter if they're brother and sister at all." Surprised Surprised I just can't believe what I was hearing.

Now. I've decided that I'm going to still get one of these pups anyways. They're already alive and here in the world. I'll take one in and love it no matter what. No matter what health problems may come. I also realized that it looks like our future furkid will need to keep a good report with his/her Vet. Just to make sure it's kept in as good health as possible.

She said that they got their shots at 4 weeks old, but that it was for Parvo ? or whatever. And they've not been wormed and they've not had any other shots. Some are still feeding off Mum. And some are eating puppy food already. She told us we could take one home today. We told her we wouldn't be able to take one home util 2 weeks from now. (they turn 6 weeks old on Wednesday.) Again. The puppies all seemed perfectly normal and acted like normal pups. But I'm thinking the reason those pups will never be registered is because they're way too ... related. confused Geez. Irresponsible people.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Irresponsible Breeding ??  - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Irresponsible Breeding ??  - Page 2 Empty Re: Irresponsible Breeding ??

Post by Nor Cal Mon Feb 18 2013, 19:54

Tara,

I know from experience that finding a good breeder of SBT puppies in the US is difficult and expensive once you do find one. Most registered pups go for $1000 - $1500.

If you are set on a staffy, then it will be difficult to find one at a shelter. If you really want a AKC registered staffy, I would recommend you check out the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America's website and browse through the Breeder Directory. It's a good place to start...

Best of luck!!!
Nor Cal
Nor Cal
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacon
Dog(s) Ages : Born 3/24/12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 20:02

Well, I know I watch Animal Cops and all that stuff with Houston SPCA and whatever, so they should have one for your city, in theory. The puppies are all adorable Smile don't know about colour genetics though, so I can't comment on that.

Found one for Ohio, but don't know if you could find one closer to where you live, so maybe have a look on Google, see what you find. I don't think there'd be much they'd do about it though unless they're abusing/neglecting their dogs. I don't think brother/sister matings aren't allowed, and if they are, I doubt they'd do anything. Definitely worth looking into though, since it still sounds like they need deterring from future breeding:

http://www.ohiospca.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Mon Feb 18 2013, 20:04

Right now I'm so discouraged that I don't know what I want outside of wanting these people to pay for what they did. I think that it is very possible it will take me a while to decide on weather I want to take the steps to get a pup now. I'm glad I haven't spent any real amount of money yet. I think it is also very possible for me to become an advocate for these dogs. I don't think there's enough awareness in my country for these wonderful creatures. And I want to do whatever it takes to raise it. I'll never ever forget the effect that this has had on me, and I can only pray that someday this much ignorance and cruelty can be eradicated.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Mon Feb 18 2013, 20:06

Thank you Tara. I'm going to be looking into it. I feel that Brother/sister breeding should be included under "abuse"
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Mon Feb 18 2013, 20:17

I wrote an E-mail to the Ohio SPC thank you again for the link Tara, I wont stop until I get answers and these people are contacted. Animal Cruelty needs to be stopped and to me, this should rate towards to top of the list of animal cruelty.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Feb 18 2013, 21:51

As youve been given all the health problems that may occure and the high chance of encouraging the evil woman to breed again i wont repeat. What i will say is these pups are alive now, nothing can be done about that. The woman will sell them wether you buy or not. The most important thing is they need a home, and a good home. They are alive and running around now so if you do into this with your eyes open and feel you could give a happy life to something destined to the scrap heap then please do so. Just try and make it public what she is doing.
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 23:05

I understand where Nathan's coming from, and he's coming from the heart, as you are Tara (Fryfogle). It's hard not to be won over by an adorable pup, whose fault this whole thing is NOT. But chances are that these pups, as closely inbred as it is possible to be, are not destined for a long or healthy life, and I can't help but feel that you and your family are not the ones to deal with the distress that this will cause.

I feel so mad at these people, not only for their totally irresponsible breeding ethics, but also that they are pushing their dogs as "pitts"in the hope that that will make them more appealing to a certain section of the dog-buying public. So I hope you are succesful in your efforts to report these people to the relative authorities.

But please Fryfogle, don't give up your dream of getting a pup, or a rescue dog, of whatever breed that will be happy, healthy, and fit in with your family. He/she will be out there, don't let this unfortunate experience deter you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 23:52

Sad , Staffys just dont get blue eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Tue Feb 19 2013, 04:18

kenny d wrote: Sad , Staffys just dont get blue eyes

I too thought it was extremely odd to me that they have blue eyes. I am not that religious of a person but have found my self praying for the souls of these idiots. *Sigh* When my Husband came home I think he noticed my sadness and distress, because he said " You really are afraid to get one of these pups aren't you?" I told him that I'm sorry but I can't get visions of a good dog turning horrid on me or one of the kids and I could never live with my self IF that happened because I have a bleeding heart and took in an inbred pup. I know in my heart that Staffords are wonderful family pets and that if bred properly and treated correctly that I wouldn't have to dread that or worry about that at all. He said that while he was at work he had more time to think on what I was saying and he too agreed that the most important thing is protecting the kids, both from a possible unfortunate mishap and from the heartache that comes with losing a pet too soon. All of which we have no guarantees.

Lynda wrote:But please Fryfogle, don't give up your dream of getting a pup, or a rescue dog, of whatever breed that will be happy, healthy, and fit in with your family. He/she will be out there, don't let this unfortunate experience deter you.

No Worries. We will eventually get a pet that we will love with all our hearts. But I think that as many have said, we really need to look into this and both be educated on a future decision. While I'm upset ( and a lot of the hurt has melted away now that my Husband has come to my side of things) I am extremely happy that I now am aware of Staffordshire's Smile They're gorgeous creatures and I never knew the difference in the bully breeds. I feel fortunate to have stumbled upon this Forum and all of the information out there. It's possible that in the future my Husband and I will seek out a Stafford Smile
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Feb 19 2013, 08:46

kenny d wrote: Sad , Staffys just dont get blue eyes

Blues often do as a young pup Wink .. but then they change colour around 8-10wks
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:08

Thank you for the links Tara!! I wrote the Ohio SPCA an email yesterday and this morning I had a one line reply in my inbox asking what county the dogs were in. I gave them the County and the address where the dogs are at, it's ingrained into my memory ha ha. I usually am really bad at addresses. -- Also Last night I was on a local area Buy Sell trade site and low and behold I found a 2 picture post of another woman trying to sell a crate full of "Blue nosed Pittbulls" they were all Staffords the 2nd picture was of the Dad. Definitely a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I private messaged her and directed her to come to this page and pleading with her to please educate her self on the difference. My husband has came around to my side of things and is now encouraging me to volunteer for the local SPCA and has jokingly started calling me the puppy police! rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

I told him hell hath no furry than a woman scorned. And since I'm a huge Animal lover.. Damn it I'm scorned >Smile
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:17

I feel so sorry for you, Tara, you must feel so let down. Please do volunteer for the SPCA, you'll do a fantastic job, I'm sure!

It would be nice if you'd stay on this forum & chat to us from time to time as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:21

You aren't giving up on getting a puppy though are you (in general not that litter)? I'm sure you could find a decent breeder or rescue somewhere. I appologise if you have already answered this.

Maybe a bit of a stupid question too, is there any reason why you wouldn't want a pitbull, like legality etc? They are great dogs. Most of us on the forum would absolutely love a proper APBT.

Last edited by MatLogan on Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:24; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:24

Fryfogle29 wrote:Thank you for the links Tara!! I wrote the Ohio SPCA an email yesterday and this morning I had a one line reply in my inbox asking what county the dogs were in. I gave them the County and the address where the dogs are at, it's ingrained into my memory ha ha. I usually am really bad at addresses. -- Also Last night I was on a local area Buy Sell trade site and low and behold I found a 2 picture post of another woman trying to sell a crate full of "Blue nosed Pittbulls" they were all Staffords the 2nd picture was of the Dad. Definitely a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I private messaged her and directed her to come to this page and pleading with her to please educate her self on the difference. My husband has came around to my side of things and is now encouraging me to volunteer for the local SPCA and has jokingly started calling me the puppy police! rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

I told him hell hath no furry than a woman scorned. And since I'm a huge Animal lover.. Damn it I'm scorned >Smile

Great to hear Smile keep us updated, and I agree with Caryll, it'd be great if you could stick around as you obviously love the breed, and I hope one day (soon) you'll have one of your own from people who...well, aren't idiots Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:46

MatLogan wrote:You aren't giving up on getting a puppy though are you (in general not that litter)? I'm sure you could find a decent breeder or rescue somewhere. I appologise if you have already answered this.

Maybe a bit of a stupid question too, is there any reason why you wouldn't want a pitbull, like legality etc? They are great dogs. Most of us on the forum would absolutely love a proper APBT.

No, We are not giving up totally on getting a puppy. We both decided to wait though. As we want to make sure that when we do get one we can ensure that the puppy is healthy from a healthy mom and dad etc. My husband was a little more hurt than I had really thought. I guess it's like the feeling of being brand new parents all over again and then having that taken away from you suddenly. ( I hope I don't offend anyone with that analogy.) So we will definitely be looking into getting an SBT in the future. As far as your question about the ABPT's Matt, yes our home owners insurance will drop us if we were to own an APBT but not if we owned an SBT, horrible isn't it Sad My cousin Maria has two APBT's Deisel and Bella and I spoil them rotten as they literally murderise me with kisses to death everytime I see them. Big Grin so no I have nothing against the breed, just the evil Deed.

Tara wrote:
Great to hear Smile keep us updated, and I agree with Caryll, it'd be great if you could stick around as you obviously love the breed, and I hope one day (soon) you'll have one of your own from people who...well, aren't idiots Smile

I will absolutely stay and chat Smile I want to keep updated and educated Laughing We'll for sure end up with one eventually. I'm very glad that you want me to stay and chat Smile I've felt very welcome here from day one. Thanks to everyone for everything.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:54

Fryfogle29 wrote:As far as your question about the ABPT's Matt, yes our home owners insurance will drop us if we were to own an APBT but not if we owned an SBT, horrible isn't it Sad

That is so stupid/horrible of them.

I'm glad you haven't given up, I just got the feeling for a second you had, from the bad experience this time. You'll def find a pup. Keep searching, and stay on the forum because we will want to see your pup immediately after you get him/her! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:00

Big Grin rolling on the floor No Worries, now that I know how to post pictures good luck stopping me! ha ha ha
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Thu Feb 21 2013, 03:28

banghead yeah so got a text this afternoon from ----will leave out choice words --- the "breeders" wife asking me if I wanted to come and get my pup as they're going fast. SERIOUSLY, what part of " I refuse to take home one of your inbred puppies" do you not understand? I wasn't even nice about it, because by the time I told her the ability to be nice about it had long passed. *Shakes my head* She laughed in my face when I told her she should fix one of her dogs. Ripped up the papers I printed out for her with the info on the risks of inbreeding etc and all of that good stuff. But after she did that I told her that I had turned her into the SPCA, the local authorities for "Animal Cruelty", the local Humane Society and I called back about her again this afternoon when I found out that there are few puppies left. Wish the SPCA or Humane societies would have been able to have confiscated the puppies before they went to people sigh but they assured me that something will come of this. The Humane society wants to confiscate her adult dogs in order to prevent her from doing it again. I sure hope they do. The Adults were lovely, I can't for the life of me remember the females name. But Ivan will be hard-pressed into my brain. They both licked me to death when I was crawling around on the floor with their supposed pups. Eh well. I love to believe there's a special place in limbo for idiots like that, as Hell is just too kind.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21 2013, 04:37

People are disgusting Sad if she really cared about the dogs, she'd at least be willing to read the information. Only narrow-minded or greedy people will ignore any possible information for the sake of continuing their own beliefs even when there's evidence against it. Hope the puppies went to good homes though Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:25

me too.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2