Staffy lover
pongy
PygmyParrot
Steve
Dan330
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Breeding and the need for change - Page 3 Empty Breeding and the need for change

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 08:31

First topic message reminder :

Hi every1. I posted a video in the gallary, for me, it say's it all. Dogs ARE over Bread. There needs to be change. How would you go about it ?

Back to top Go down

Breeding and the need for change - Page 3 Empty Re: Breeding and the need for change

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 08:23

Steve, i've been on the dole, two kid's, if i can afford to pay to feed a pet, i could afford £2.88. Im not rich, i have debt up to my eye balls and back down, if i choose to have a dog, i have to concider all the costs. When people are on benifits, they can pay a tv licence on a buget card

Back to top Go down

Breeding and the need for change - Page 3 Empty Re: Breeding and the need for change

Post by Steve Sun Oct 28 2012, 08:26

i'm not having debating about any longer the FACT of matter dog licences wont work you will only punish good owner the bad one wont care if they get dogs took off them they will just carry on as normal.... so talking about dog licences is pointless

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 08:50

I'm afraid I agree with Steve, licences won't work, will only be bought by responsible people & the irresponsible will carry on regardless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 08:54

It's a sad fact tho, but thats the UK for you Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 08:55

I quite agree, unfortunately. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:52

After reading this thread threw a few times I think I can put it all into perspective.
In my opinion it is a none starter unfortunatley. Back yard breeders dont give a toss about the law, so they will certainly not even give getting a license a second thought. The goverment will never put the resources into policing such an idea of a license for all dog breeders/owners. I am sure good breeders would have no issue with such an idea as a license but they are not the issue. It is BYB's and you will never stop them by introducing a licensing scheme. They dont care about KC registereing and they sure wont care about licensing.
I think we need to go back to the drawing board. The only idea that I see working is putting a ban on free advertising for selling pets. This might make it a bit harder for these cruel breeders to get the pups sold.
Im not being negative by the way, just realisitic!!

Staffiesrus
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Breeding and the need for change - Page 3 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:57

Plus putting further financial strain on good owners does not effect the BYB's at all. Infact it might pup people off buying a pup off of a reputable breeder and push them towards the BYB's? Maybe or maybe not!!
Steve, why not put up a poll to see what everyone thinks? Simple yes or no vote and that will tell the tale as this forum consists of responsible breeders!!

Staffiesrus
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Breeding and the need for change - Page 3 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Sun Oct 28 2012, 20:06

I think a broad-based ban won't work--it will only hurt responsible breeders who are already playing by the rules, and as many of you have said, will eliminate the healthy dogs that we want to carry on the breed standard (plus the fact that breeders aren't generating the high volumes or dogs that are flooding shelters, right?)

I think we need to push for education so that people don't buy dogs from byb's and puppy mill pet shops. Before we got Callie I never knew the difference. Now I do, and I feel lucky that we got her where we did--or tbh I would probably feel even better if we had rescued her. But people don't know. Why not get the SPCA organizations involved in some sort of public awareness campaign so that people won't support getting dogs from those sources?

One of the things they say in the US about anti-pit bull BSL (which incudes Staffies) is punish the deed, not the breed. I know you guys say it too. So punish the byb's, not the act of responsibly breeding Staffords. I don't know anyone who cares more about the welfare of the breed in general or about her dogs in particular than the breeder we got Callie from.

micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Oct 28 2012, 20:14

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3