Breeding

+2
Nathan
laurenjuby89
6 posters

Go down

Breeding Empty Breeding

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 10:56

I'm just wondering if it is illegal to breed in a irresponsible way or just morally wrong? I know about someone in my area who is breeding in a completely out of order way and I am just wondering if there is anything I can do about it? I have called the RSPCA several times but they never do anything about it
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocco
Dog(s) Ages : 8 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Breeding Empty Re: Breeding

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13 2012, 11:00

The R$PCA are a complete waste of time. angry

You will be better off advising the inland revenue (I bet the people aren't disclosing the money they're making from the sale of pups) and the dog warden/council. If they're breeding several litters they will almost certainly need a licence.

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 11:05

Thank-you, yes I'm almost certain the person wont be disclosing the money she's making! I will get on to them and the council today, what's worse is she nearly conned me and my OH into buying a pup from her the day we was going to pick up Rocco! that was before I knew what she was doing! Evil she is mad
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13 2012, 11:07

Hate people like that.

The laws really need to be tightened up - and the council or other authorities have to be prepared to follow them through!

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 11:13

Yes they definitely should, but that's the main issue, they never do follow these things up, they seem to think that things to do with animals just aren't important! It's even had to reach the point where many many children were getting attacked before they would address the issues of cruelty to our bull breeds! It seems they will always do the minimum they can as far as animals are concerned Sad
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Sep 13 2012, 11:16

If they breed four or more litters per year they must be licensed or if they so less but do so purley for sale. They are then bound by the breeding and sale of dogs welfare act 1999.
You may get a better responce from the council dog warden service if you suspect a welfare issue.
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13 2012, 11:25

axam102 wrote:If they breed four or more litters per year they must be licensed or if they so less but do so purley for sale. They are then bound by the breeding and sale of dogs welfare act 1999.
You may get a better responce from the council dog warden service if you suspect a welfare issue.

Thanks for that - I knew there were laws, but couldn't remember what they were! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 11:43

There is definitely a welfare issue, but I'm not sure if there are more than four litters bred per year, it's probably more like 2-3, but she is breeding the same two females every time she breeds, she breeds one then the other, they take it in turns, one of them is a bit snappy too so she isn't breeding for temperament (although no one can blame the poor thing, she just doesn't want people near her, for obvious reasons with the way she's treated) but she is also breeding them with the same stud every time, who is their brother! So inbreeding in one of the worst forms! They are also all blue (I like blues but I understand it is cruel to keep breeding blue to blue), so she is doing everything so cruelly, she also struggled a lot to get rid of the last litter she had but now she has bred another! When I was getting Rocco I just thought she was the owner of 3 blue staffs and I stopped to say hello as she walked past my car, I told her I was getting one, then she told me that she had let one of her bitches have a litter before being spade and she said I should have a look, but I told her I had already paid my deposit and was going on a long journey to get him, she did everything she could to stop me, she said it would still be cheaper to have one of hers even if I was to loose my deposit and she was saying I shouldn't drag my kids on a long journey when she has pups so close by, and that Rocco's papers were not needed because I could see hers were pure bred (not that papers are the most important thing but decent breeders would always have them, I'd only get a dog without them if I was to rescue, which didn't work out for me as my children are so young). But as I was travelling so far I did feel half tempted. But luckily Rocco's face was in my head and I couldn't wait to get him and stuck to it. Then a few weeks later she knocked on my door and said that her pups were better and had better shaped heads than Rocco! Silly woman! And since then I have found out all this stuff about her from someone who lives down her road, it's such a sad story Sad
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Thu Sep 13 2012, 12:21

Does she work? If not then the DWP would probably like to know about the extra income too.

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 12:34

She does work unfortunately, although that makes it even more unfair on the dogs!
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Thu Sep 13 2012, 12:46

Our last dog a Jack Russell aged 9 years was put to sleep 3 weeks ago she had lost her mind , the vet said this is down to inbreeding and is on the increase , i stopped supporting the RSPCA some years ago i reported a dog owner who's dog had cancer and was suffering terribly they did nothing, yet when my neighbour found a tiny owl ( he thought is was a baby owl ) they were there in ten mins i was disgusted as i am at people making money by in breeding .
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 12:53

Thats so sad Sad sorry to hear that. And yeah it's so annoying about the RSPCA, I have called them many times during the last few years and not once have they responded, it's as if they are too afraid of rough owners so just deal with wildlife where people aren't involved! But if they can't do their own job then they should find someone who can! angry
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Sep 13 2012, 13:20

Unfortunatly the rcspa have no rights of entry. They are only a welfare charity not a goverment enforcement agency and have very few rights if any. The council wardens are best bet and the rspca may then be used as consultants and expert witnesses in court should it come to that.
The fact that she is breeding less than 4 litters a year doesnt matter if she is still breeding to sell. Bit hard to prove as she may just keep saying it was an accident.
Sounds like a right nasty peice of work though
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 13:30

Yeah she is very sly!
I didn't realise they had no rights, I thought they did have rights, thats a shame
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13 2012, 13:34

I think it'd be a bit difficult to pass off 2 litters a year as accidents!

But the inland revenue will be very keen to have a little chat with her!

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 13:36

Yeah I bet they would, she definitely needs to be stopped and I am going to do everything in my power to make that happen!
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril baby Thu Sep 13 2012, 15:04

If they have enough evidence they can get the police to go in with them, the police do have some rights to enter, depending on the evidence they can get a warrent to enter as well.

I used to foster case animals for the RSPCA, both horses and both the RSPCA went in with the police to get the animals out. With some cases they also need a vet to say that the animals are suffering, if the vet refuses they can't take the animals.

Cyril baby
Cyril baby
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Breeding Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 15:11

Well when she was trying to get me to have one of her pups she told me that she had them all vet checked and I could see the vet records, not sure if it's true or not but if it is then I don't understand why the vet hasn't said anything to her about it! Not unless she regularly changes vets so she looks better. But I might be able to get some evidence on her for them because I have her phone number, so I could call her and record the phone call, I'll just say something about all the previous litters in the call to drop her in it cos she is a chatterbox and she doesn't seem to see the problem with what she does so it shouldn't be hard!
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:41

Police need a warrent unless its a warrent of arrest or that suspect a life threating situation. Even then if the warrant doesnt state them you can ask police to arrest them for trespass if they dont leave when requested... Scummers know the rules inside out which is why rspca have stopped sct 1 off expert witness as they were being made to look stupid. Im a big fan of the rspca but they do have to deal with damned if you do damned if you dont quite a bit. Theyare only a charity after all. Not everyone knows what they have to go through with hands tied to there backs.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13 2012, 22:54

Hope you manage to do something to halt her in her tracks its despicable Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Thu Sep 13 2012, 23:11

Cyril baby wrote:If they have enough evidence they can get the police to go in with them, the police do have some rights to enter, depending on the evidence they can get a warrent to enter as well.

I used to foster case animals for the RSPCA, both horses and both the RSPCA went in with the police to get the animals out. With some cases they also need a vet to say that the animals are suffering, if the vet refuses they can't take the animals.

This happened me years back.
RSPCA and police arrived at my door to investigate the fact I'd left my dog in the back garden.
Yes, I had. So what.
The coppers were suitably embarrassed when I asked them if they kept dogs - they did - and if they ever left theirs in the back garden for an hour or two, with a separate shaded area, food, water and secure fencing.

I lost interest in what the RSCPA does after that.

Going back to the topic at hand, I'm seeing a lot of ex-breeding bitches coming into the rescue centre I foster for - seems they're just discarded after that final litter full of $$$$$$$$$$.

Heart-breaking.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Thu Sep 13 2012, 23:44

It seems that the RSPCA just don't ever help when it's really needed yet do when it's not that important, over the last few years I have come across quite a few situations where they have been desperately needed yet never there and I have always given them my details and would have been keen to get them evidence for the police back up! It is a big let down for our breed who it seems need the help at the moment more than most Sad
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down