Can anybody tell me why Ozzy got no hair on his chest

+2
scott
Danny_Ozzy
6 posters

Go down

Can anybody tell me why Ozzy got no hair on his chest  Empty Can anybody tell me why Ozzy got no hair on his chest

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 03:04

Hi Can anybody tell me why Ozzy as got no hair on his chest he as not got a skin or hair problem or out but im just curoius on why its like that is this normal there is a picture below.
Thanks

Can anybody tell me why Ozzy got no hair on his chest  Ozzytongout
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Can anybody tell me why Ozzy got no hair on his chest  Empty Re: Can anybody tell me why Ozzy got no hair on his chest

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 08:22

Staffs do have very short hair on their chests, belly & the inside their thighs, although it does look from the pics that ozzie's hair is ultra short!

Is he rubbing against anything? Has it always been like this, or only recently?

Back to top Go down

Can anybody tell me why Ozzy got no hair on his chest  Empty Re: Can anybody tell me why Ozzy got no hair on his chest

Post by scott Thu Dec 30 2010, 10:32

he might be allergic to some thing that you are useing in the house,like shaking vac,or some thing like that,or some thing that you are washing his beding in.....

or a skin condtion....

i know that staffs have short hair on under side and in side legs.....
but not that short...
scott
scott
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 30 2010, 10:34

Mine has very short hair too, very similar to yours, could be an allergy, but I personally wouldn't worry.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 10:47

I had him for about 9 months now and its always been like this its never changed but im 95% sure he does not have anything wrong with his hair so he must of been about 4-6 months old when i got him and its been like that since then but it is realy smooth its kinda weird really thanks for your replys Smile
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 11:07

As long as it hasn't changed or spread & he's healthy I'd just accept that it's normal for him! It certainly doesn't look red or sore, so it isn't bothering him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 14:47

That is short but like Caryll said it doesn't look sore so I would just say it's normal for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 17:43

yes im sure its normal he dosnt icth or out like that just since ive been looking on eah at other pictures of other Staffys they dont seem to have such a bald chest as my Ozzy Smile thanks for your replys
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 18:09

Ty is exactly the same as that!! Next to no hair on his chest right down his belly and insides of his legs! He has always been like that and its not ichy red or sore so i have never worried, kaos on the other hand has loads of hair on his chest.....x

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 19:16

yer that sounds the same as are Ozzy so it must be normal i just fort it was a bit differant than most staffs witch it is as ive seen pics but it must be summin rare on some staffs i do no lol haha Smile
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:31

Its normal for some to be like that my bitch is exactly the same and you should notice that the hair on other body parts is very soft to the touch. Dont worry there is nothing wrong at all its just the way they are. Just a tip they do loose heat when its really cold so I personally use a coat and if they like to sunbathe on there backs in summer time sun cream wouldnt go amiss
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:36

Kwl thanks Gem for the tips and i wonderd why he is always cold lol and the sun cream i dint no tht lol haha Smile
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:39

my macks is just the same very fine hair on his chest and his belly and the inside of his back legs are as bald as a coot.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : macks
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:48

lol well it must be normal then its is very very fine hair on ozzy aswell Wink
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:49

Danny_Ozzy wrote:Kwl thanks Gem for the tips and i wonderd why he is always cold lol and the sun cream i dint no tht lol haha Smile
no problem you have another family on here who will help all they can Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 22:10

Thanks Big Grin i hold you to that lol
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nic01354 Thu Dec 30 2010, 22:21

Hi i hope it wasn me that got you worried when i asked about allergy only ruby lost all her underside hair a few weeks after i brought her home from the rescue centre and it turned out she was allergic to dustmites, storage mites, house mites and beef! she was red raw though at the time and now is the same as Ozzys - Rubys air has gone behind her ears as well tho unfortunately!! Have started immumotherapy 3 months ago so hopefully will work!! Sorry if i got you worried.
nic01354
nic01354
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : 4.4
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 22:43

no you didnt get me worried lol haha it just made me think about it coz i cudnt relly see another staff like him underneath but plenty of people av told me it can be normal and they have had there dog from a pup being like this so i just assume Ozzy is the same ;D
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down