janey
Bruno311210
ardvark
kitten
8 posters

Go down

RANT Empty RANT

Post by kitten Sat May 07 2011, 21:03

Jet taken Ripley for a walk. Had literally just got there and we notice a family with a big dog in the distance. The dog comes running over. Not sure on the body language and it goes over to sniff the in laws border collie boy. No problem there. Comes Over to Ripley who is on lead as shes only ever off lead when we can see no other dog or people as we've only had her a couple of months and her recall still needs a little bit of work ( which we are working on) and we were also still near the car park. It starts sniffing her and you can see he clearly has other things on his mind. ( luckily she's spade) rips isn't reacting bit we can see she's not happy. The owners little boy comes over and starts pulling on the dog. Bearing in mind they have no idea how our dogs are going to react. He's still pestering rips and the owner ambles closer we ask her to call her dog off as Rips clearly is trying to get away. The stupid woman goes "it's ok.. he's fine" we tell her we can see our dog doesn't like him sniffing her persistently and we've only had her a couple of months. She's still not listening to us or calling her dog off. And she says well maybe you shouldn't bring her to a place like this. Bear in mind Ripley hadn't reacted at all and the woman was ignoring our request to ask him to stop pestering. Grrrrrrrr
kitten
kitten
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
RANT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ripley
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

RANT Empty Re: RANT

Post by ardvark Sat May 07 2011, 21:14

How blinking rude, I call it bad doggy manners too! You both handled the situation well good for you. This type of thing is what I'm worried about and what if it did go 'wrong' what then?!
ardvark
ardvark
RANT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Sat May 07 2011, 21:23

It was more the owner than the dog. We were asking politely and explaining and she just thought that ignoring us was ok!!!
kitten
kitten
RANT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Sat May 07 2011, 21:42

You did the right thing, the other dogs owner was down right rude. When I am out walking Bruno and I see another dog that I don't know that I ask the owner if it is alright my puppy to make friends before I let Bruno anyway near Smile
Bruno311210
Bruno311210
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat May 07 2011, 21:59

"Holding head in hands" You handled it well. We can only be a credit to ourselves. Doesn't matter what the breed, some owners are just fools
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by barneynlynn Sun May 08 2011, 17:48

I see a lot of people like that daft woman when i'm out walking barney. barney is young yet and i don't know how he is going to react, so i'm very wary of other dogs coming near him.
You handled the situation well, only ashame the woman was so dam stupid!
barneynlynn
barneynlynn
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Barney
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Sun May 08 2011, 17:57

I agree with everyone else's posts. Nicely handled, that woman was an idiot. We had a staffie X years ago, who we used to take her to the beach a lot. She loved it, but we always kept her on her lead when other dogs were around. One day, we'd just gotten there and she was sttill on lead. A woman was walking past with her big brute of a dalmation, who came over to sniff Storm. Storm was seriously unhappy about it, he jsut wouldn't leave her alone, and all the woman ddi was laugh and say It's fine!" Well it wasn't. We took poor traumatised Storm home and she never enjoyed the beach after that. Some people just don't get it.
Ernestine
Ernestine
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun May 08 2011, 18:07

Ernestine wrote: and all the woman ddi was laugh and say It's fine!" Well it wasn't. We took poor traumatised Storm home and she never enjoyed the beach after that. Some people just don't get it.

The old 'its fine' line, do they know your dog better than you??
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08 2011, 18:29

You done the right thing, I bump into these type of people all the time I know Taz has a problem with some dogs i say some dogs because its only the yapping ones or bad body language ones he goes for anyways i keep him on a lead, people who let their dogs come over, I'v had to move their dog away with my foot pushing them away not kicking, until the owner says oh its alright he/she is fine and i'm like your do might be but mine is not, he obviousely doesn't like your dog so get your dog away from him. but they never learn they don't seem to think the reason we keep them on lead is either because they are dog aggressive/we want to control any inroduction made/we want to make sure both dogs are fine before we let them off leash and they just don't get that. They think because their dog is not aggressive they can leave it go wild being really unpolite to other dogs or people because their doing it playfully and no "harm" is done.

Back to top Go down

Post by burties35 Sun May 08 2011, 19:05

What a completely rude and ignorant woman, this happened with our dear departed Biddy who was always on the lead as she was dog aggressive, the owners soon came running over when they realised their cherubs were not welcome sniffers!! She never did any damage just let them know that she was not amused. x
burties35
burties35
RANT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 12:36

I get it all the time. Lines like "It's ok mine just wants to play" and "They're fine" etc etc.

Gets on my bl***y nerves, to be honest!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 16:05

Today after we went to the vet with Jethro we let the 2 dogs have a widdle on some grass near an oval. Now the oval was fenced off with large DOGS PROHIBITED signs everywhere. There was some old geezer walking around on the oval with a border collie that was running everywhere. Now as you know Winston has only had one lot of needles, so I don't want him mixing with strange dogs. Well the border collie saw us and just ran flat out across the oval and out the gate straight up to us. I was so mad..we quickly picked Winston up when we saw what was happening. The stupid old fart of an owner didn't do anything and slowly walked towards the gate. We tried to shoo his stupid mutt away and it ran back to him..he was with in earshot of us, so we yelled out " Hey there are no dogs allowed on this oval..didn't you see the signs" and the old bloke yelled back "Oh shut up ! " so Tony then yelled back "That is the trouble with this world..people don't do the right thing" and then guess what the old fart yelled back " Go stuff yourself ! " Charming !!! It was bad enough he wasn't in control of his dog.. but this oval is where people play sports and I didn't notice the twit having any poo bags if his dog went to the toilet. What a jerk!! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Mon May 09 2011, 16:20

That's so rudely the old guy.!!!! I had another dog pestering Rips yesterday it at least the owner apologised. I understand dogs are dogs it's the owners behaviour that's gets me. I have no objection to dogs being off lead. Just rude people lol
kitten
kitten
RANT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 16:24

yeah you wouldn't expect an elderly person to be so rude ! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylas-mom Mon May 09 2011, 20:32

Next time let Rips off lead and assure her 'it's ok,she's fine'. The whamhead.
Skylas-mom
Skylas-mom
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skyla
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Mon May 09 2011, 22:26

kitten wrote:It was more the owner than the dog. We were asking politely and explaining and she just thought that ignoring us was ok!!!

lol I meant bad doggy mannerson the owners behalf!
ardvark
ardvark
RANT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down