bit of a rant

5 posters

Go down

bit of a rant Empty bit of a rant

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 13:01

Was going to write this last night but couldn't be ar**d anyhoos, we don't really live in the nicest area and there are alot of police around daily, however because i walk harvey alot when it's dark to meet my OH from work they have taken a dislike to him. I've been stopped a couple of times to be asked if he is mine how old is, what he is etc which while being annoying i can't be doing with arguing. However last night out for a walk like always and a police car pulls up to the side of us and drives really slowly so that the two officers could get a good look at him and i could see they were talking about him and looking very unimpressed at me, harvey doing nothing wrong walking nicely on his lead and that, yet they clearly think he's going to do something, and a lot of them aren't convinced he is a staffy.

angry anyhoos just not very amused right now.

Back to top Go down

bit of a rant Empty Re: bit of a rant

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 13:35

that must be awful ella i am sure the police would not do that in a very posh area, they would get done for harassment.

Well done Harvey for being such a star

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Wed Jun 29 2011, 13:44

Call you local 'main' police headquarters and lodge a complaint about it. and next time they do it get your phone out or a pen and write their car number or reg plate to substantiate your complaint, if they ask what your doing just tell them, you've logged a complaint, because you feel like you cant even walk your dog with feeling like a criminal and its really imposing on your life.

my OH had to do this when we were young the police wouldnt leave him alone cos he had a nice car and was only young looking, he cos stopped 5-6 times a week, cos he did the same as above and they had to leave him alone.

hope this helps xx
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
bit of a rant Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Jun 29 2011, 16:02

I would also get your vet to write a letter stating that they believe that Harvey is a stafford and their professional opinion is that he is of no danger to the public. Just to cover your * if they do try anything.
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Wed Jun 29 2011, 16:04

You'd think the coppers would have better things to do.....
Summerisle
Summerisle
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 16:20

lynne wrote:that must be awful ella i am sure the police would not do that in a very posh area, they would get done for harassment.

Well done Harvey for being such a star

Smile
hmmm yer exactly, thanks Smile

Amipopzzz wrote:Call you local 'main' police headquarters and lodge a complaint about it. and next time they do it get your phone out or a pen and write their car number or reg plate to substantiate your complaint, if they ask what your doing just tell them, you've logged a complaint, because you feel like you cant even walk your dog with feeling like a criminal and its really imposing on your life.

my OH had to do this when we were young the police wouldnt leave him alone cos he had a nice car and was only young looking, he cos stopped 5-6 times a week, cos he did the same as above and they had to leave him alone.

hope this helps xx
ahhh thanks i didn't think about that i definitely will be doing Smile

Nosipho wrote:I would also get your vet to write a letter stating that they believe that Harvey is a stafford and their professional opinion is that he is of no danger to the public. Just to cover your * if they do try anything.
Thanks well at the vets they know him well so i don't think that will be a problem!

Summerisle wrote:You'd think the coppers would have better things to do.....
bah! yer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 16:26

I don't blame you at all.. that is terrible. I mean look at your precious little Harvey.. he is hardly a threat.!!
Like Summerisle said ,you think they would have plenty of other things that they could be doing, instead of harrassing people out walking their dogs!
That is a good idea about going to the main cop shop and telling them you feel intimidated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 16:29

yer well i think they tend to make a habit of hassling people round here, especially if they take a particular dislike to you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 16:39

I know what you mean Believe it or not I used to get stopped almost every day when Dempsey was younger.

In the end, one of the people who goes to my church is a sergeant in the police & I asked him to 'put it about' that there is a red & wjite bull terrier in the district & it is NOT a pit bull.

I haven't been stopped since!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 17:26

WOAH!!! complain! i deffinatly would! .. id be half tempted to say "go to the local vet and ask what my dog's breed is or look online RESEARCH! lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 29 2011, 18:06

Great advice about reporting it, may take time and hassle but they shouldn't be allowed. Ignorant people, whether there police or not Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by rosie2011 Wed Jun 29 2011, 19:33

place a big sign saying yes I AM A PROPER STAFFY AND I AM VERY WELL BEHAVED NOW JOG ON Big Grin

i had a bloke trying climb up someones hedge last week with his little terrier LOL i asked are u ok he replied U HAVE ONE OF THEM !!!! lol i said he loves other dogs after he came down from the hedge his dog bit my buster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! confused
rosie2011
rosie2011
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 29 2011, 19:40

rosie2011 wrote:place a big sign saying yes I AM A PROPER STAFFY AND I AM VERY WELL BEHAVED NOW JOG ON Big Grin

i had a bloke trying climb up someones hedge last week with his little terrier LOL i asked are u ok he replied U HAVE ONE OF THEM !!!! lol i said he loves other dogs after he came down from the hedge his dog bit my buster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! confused

I can imagine, your big scary staff! Being attacked by an ankle biter
Laughing Buster probably thought it was a game! Laughing In all seriousness do the police not have better things to do other than vet your pet?? Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 19:44

janey wrote:In all seriousness do the police not have better things to do other than vet your pet?? Xx

Nope! .. thats why we have murderers on the run for god knows how many weeks before they take action! sometimes the public would do a better job! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 20:20

They bully the innocent and ignore the dog that are a danger!! angry

Locally a few weeks ago a womans shar-pei was attacked EXTREMELY bad in the park by a "socalled staffie" it got reported, shar-pei under went surgery (lots of it, poors things chest was hanging open!!) report was ignored.
1 week later the "socalled staffie" got out again cleared a 6ft fence and attacked yep the same dog in its own garden!! the "socalled staffie" had come looking for the dog, owner beat it off it run she followed it, it casually jumped back in its own garden, the owner of the again injured shar-pei stood outside the house called the police AGAIN demanded they came now.
Turned out it was a full bred pitbull trained to fight (and also attack humans on command) the dog was seized and PTS. If police had listened the first time the poor shar-pei wouldnt have gone thru this, I know it recovering well but its not the point the owner was 8mths pregant and was put in danger also.

1 - police could have saved this owner and dog suffering and 2 - as much as i adore pitbulls, staffies got the blame YET again Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 20:27

thanks everyone i will defiietly be reporting them and going to speak to my vet aswell! but no clearly the police have nothing better to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by rosie2011 Wed Jun 29 2011, 20:34

I can imagine, your big scary staff! Being attacked by an ankle biter
Laughing Buster probably thought it was a game! Laughing In all seriousness do the police not have better things to do other than vet your pet?? Xx[/quote]

lol buster just sulks and crys really loudly when he gets attacked by other so called friendly dogs LOL its embarrasing Blushing just hope one day if he does get proper attacked he will defend him self Rolling Eyes
rosie2011
rosie2011

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rosie2011 Wed Jun 29 2011, 20:36

Staffiexxx wrote:They bully the innocent and ignore the dog that are a danger!! angry

Locally a few weeks ago a womans shar-pei was attacked EXTREMELY bad in the park by a "socalled staffie" it got reported, shar-pei under went surgery (lots of it, poors things chest was hanging open!!) report was ignored.
1 week later the "socalled staffie" got out again cleared a 6ft fence and attacked yep the same dog in its own garden!! the "socalled staffie" had come looking for the dog, owner beat it off it run she followed it, it casually jumped back in its own garden, the owner of the again injured shar-pei stood outside the house called the police AGAIN demanded they came now.
Turned out it was a full bred pitbull trained to fight (and also attack humans on command) the dog was seized and PTS. If police had listened the first time the poor shar-pei wouldnt have gone thru this, I know it recovering well but its not the point the owner was 8mths pregant and was put in danger also.

1 - police could have saved this owner and dog suffering and 2 - as much as i adore pitbulls, staffies got the blame YET again Sad

in my local paper there is a person selling a staffy cross shar-pei god help us what are these people thinking doh
rosie2011
rosie2011

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 29 2011, 20:36

Lets hope it doesn't happen Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rosie2011 Wed Jun 29 2011, 20:39

ye me too but with the type of peeps ownin dogs these days im proper scared my rosie would have add em for brecky tho lol but buster is such a soft * LOL x
rosie2011
rosie2011

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 21:45

I worry walking Zero cos like Buster hes been attacked a few times and just cries, Mazda wants to kill though (ONLY if attacked first I want to add she is good with dogs) I walk them seperate 90% of the time because hes going thru training but I worry sick walking ive ALWAYS got my 2yr old daughter walking with me too if attacked I cant pick up 1 child and 1 or 2 staffies and round here theres LOADS of staffies all of which r stir crazy NEVER get walked but r all dog aggressive and often escape owners can never get them back Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down