A little Rant

4 posters

Go down

A little Rant Empty A little Rant

Post by Cornish-Muscle Fri Jan 07 2011, 10:51

I am a member of a website called deviantART, and whilst checking my messages I came across a photograph of a pit bull type dog, followed by a series of messages about how pit bulls are dangerous, the dog in the photograph was going to kill it's owner, pit bull owners don't care about human life.

I'm actually close to tears about it all, but I gathered my self up and went on a hunt around the internet to prove this Jack**s wrong, so I sent him a message, away from the photograph, the poor girl who took the photo didn't need any more grief.

So, I sent him the following:

I just read your comments on a deviation about pit bulls.
You my friend, are a total idiot.
I would like to point out that in 2010 there was not only attacks by pit bulls, but also the following dogs: The following are from Wiki, and are all fatalities.

Rottweiler
Mixed Breed Dog
Labrador
German Shepard

2009:

Husky
Boxer
Blue Heeler-Australian Shepherd
Collie
Weimaraner

2008 :

Jack Russell Terrier
Old English Sheepdog
Doberman

2007 :

Chow-Chow
Bulldog

I will admit, Pit Bull type dogs are more highly reported and yes there are more fatalities, but that is mainly due to the dogs bite force, they have such a powerful bite, they can crush bones when full grown.

If a dog is taught from a young age not to bite hard, and is trained properly, the chances of said dog attacking and killing someone is greatly reduced.

ALL DOGS can and will attack someone if they are defending themselves, their property or their pack.

Please do not tar all pit bull type breeds with the same brush.

I have a friend who was attacked by her Aunties German Shepard, I do not discriminate against that breed.

I discriminate against idiotic people like you, and those who do training their dogs to attack on command.

Did you know according to www.petsdo.com boxers and dalmatians are in the top 10 most dangerous breeds?

Does that mean that a dalmatian is more likely to attack it's owner, or family member?

No, it just means that more care needs to be taken around the dog.
I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, she is NOT a pit bull, contrary to popular belief, but as a responsible owner, she stays on her lead when other dogs or young children are near, due to her size and power.
She is actually brilliant around young children, including babies under 6 months old.
She is more gentle with children than she is with myself, she understands her boundaries and she is only 1 year old.
The entire family know that she is strong and she could easily knock a fully grown adult over, let alone a young toddler. But to be honest, my friends Labrador is just as bad.

So, basically.
Any dog can and will attack, it depends on their breed as to whether they kill or not, and their strength.
Jack Russell Terriers are one of the most well known dogs for biting, but because they are so small, they do not usually cause fatal injuries.

So please, get off your high fucking horse and leave people be.

If they wish to own a staffordshire bull terrier, a pit bull, or any other 'dangerous' dog, let them, it is there choice, as it would be for someone who owned a large snake, or other 'dangerous' animal.

It is there choice, they do not own such dogs to get abuse from people such as yourself, they own then because they love the breed, and wish to
1. Improve the dogs image
2. Enjoy the loyalty of such bull breeds

As a Staffie owner, I know the image that goes with them, and I am going to work my damn hardest to prove doubters like you completely wrong.

Amy.

The image below is the photo which sparked the comments
A little Rant Focus_by_marandaz23-d36ihje
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

A little Rant Empty Re: A little Rant

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 10:55

Well, all I can say is, what a lovely pic of two happy, friendly dogs. How can anyone say from that, that either one of them is going to turn into a killer? What utter nonsense!

Good for you with your reply, though I doubt they'll take any notice - people like that are too bigotted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 11:08

sorry iv got to agree that dog may kill its owner i dont fully trust labradors lol
but good on you for the factual email if only the people makin coments on the initail picture did there homework they would think before sending total tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Fri Jan 07 2011, 11:29

lol warren, I was about to get all defensive then!
My friends lab is worse than Molly, he's almost knocked me over a million times!

I doubt they will take any notice, but I feel better for it Tongues
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Fri Jan 07 2011, 17:13

well said mate, there is no such thing as dangerous dogs just dangerous owners!!!
jaykay
jaykay
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : macks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 17:17

jaykay wrote:well said mate, there is no such thing as dangerous dogs just dangerous owners!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth =D>

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Fri Jan 07 2011, 17:17

Good post - well said Cornish.

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down