Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment.

+2
janey
four leaf clover
6 posters

Go down

Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment. Empty Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment.

Post by four leaf clover Sun Sep 11 2011, 17:08

I have just used this product on my dogs. Roxie and Clover are fine but Diesel came up with loads of bumps all over his skin. He looked like he had been stung by a wasp over and over! I called the emergency vet who said that this wasnt uncommon with this product and avoid it at all costs!

Luckily, we figured out that it was probably the flea treatment and Tim put him straight in the bath while I called the vet . It cant have been more than 25mins after putting on the treatment. The vet said to keep an eye on him and watch for any neurological effects.

Has anyone else used this product and had problems?

OMG he scared the life out of me I can tell you! The rash looks like it might be going down a bit now. Hopefully he will be ok. Sad

four leaf clover
four leaf clover
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment. Empty Re: Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment.

Post by four leaf clover Sun Sep 11 2011, 17:24

Just taken some pics...although its gone down a bit now.

On his head
Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment. Poor_d10

...an idea what his body was like
Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment. Poor_d11
four leaf clover
four leaf clover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment. Empty Re: Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment.

Post by janey Sun Sep 11 2011, 17:46

OMG Gemma, poor Diesel, that would have scared the living sh*t out me, that is some reaction. I hope he recovers well, its not a product I have used, nor will I after that. Poor you love, wishing a speedy recovery. Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 18:53

Wow Gemma I have not used it and not likely to do now, I hope diesel gets better soon, that is a really bad reaction
>Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Sun Sep 11 2011, 22:58

Thank you Lynne and Janey. The rash and swelling are completely gone now and he does't seem any worse for wear. I'm just glad that we noticed it as soon as we did or it could have been a lot worse.
four leaf clover
four leaf clover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Sep 12 2011, 20:00

We used Johnsons all in one worming treatment and had the same reation on Rocky, sickness with lumps all over his face, panicked us a bit but was then OK. We use Drontal Worming tablets now, no effects at all.

Might be worth sending your pictures to the manufacturer.

Allergic reaction to Bob Martin's spot on flea treatment. Rocky-allergy

Last edited by kathytake2 on Mon Sep 12 2011, 20:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture)
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 21:02

I've never used it, & I doubt that I will, now!

I'd definitely send the pics to the manufacturer!

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Tue Sep 13 2011, 12:47

Poor Rocky! Looks like the same kind of thing expect Diesel had it all over his body. It was really scary!

Glad Rocky was ok in the end
four leaf clover
four leaf clover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by billy and kya Tue Sep 13 2011, 16:03

i brought one for my pup was going to use it but got her frontlined when she had her jabs the vet said she has had dogs come in with fleas which have been treated already with this so sounds as though its no good anyway mines going in the bin
billy and kya
billy and kya
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : billy and kya
Dog Gender(s) : billy male kya female
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Sep 13 2011, 16:21

I have heard of this before, I don't know why something which is potentially dangerous is sold on most supermarket shelves and in most pet shops. As it can be sold without a medicine licence I presume that the active ingredient is significatnly different to those found in frontline and advocate.

There is even a petition looking to ban their products! - http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/ban-bob-martin-products/3221

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews55782.html

http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-chat/50282-bob-martin-spot-bad-reaction.html

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-382603.html

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bob-martin-flea-spot-small-dogs-12-week-2-81-sainsburys/928571

Shocking when you see the extent...
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 21:11

I would never buy over the counter treatments for my lot i'v always gone to the vet, Heard somewhere a vet mention it about you wouldn't go down an alley way for your treatment, you'd go to the chemist or doctors.
Pet shops are all the same and the people who creat these treatments don't know anything viable other wise a vets would purchase it and sell it themselves. There are so many horror stories about over the counter treatments for animals.
I glad its clearing up and hope your boy has no lasting effects

Back to top Go down

Post by yralph59 Tue Dec 06 2011, 12:20

I don't have much knowledge about your product.. From many years I used Sentinel for my dogs.. None of them have ever had worms or fleas... Its really a brilliant product...

flea treatments

yralph59
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06 2011, 12:30

oh my word look at the poor wee man. your not the first to have said this about that brand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down