Allergic Reaction?? Help please

3 posters

Go down

Allergic Reaction?? Help please Empty Allergic Reaction?? Help please

Post by Cainybobs Sun Sep 11 2011, 00:30

Sorry to bother you all as you have prob come across this before but I am new to this -

My dog Cain has small bumps on his back & I have notice a few dotted around else where, if you stroke him his back legs start going to scratch, so obviously it is itchy to the touch for him, i have also noticed red patches on the inside of his back legs where he has been biting at them. I have tried piriton incase it was a reaction to something but this has not worked. I have bathed him today & noticed his fur where the bumps are is very thin & in some places bald......any ideas what it could be or how I can treat it before another expensive trip to the vets (we already go once a month for a hormone implant to reduce his testoterone).

Thanks in advance

Gemsie = Cainybobs

Cainybobs
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Cain
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Allergic Reaction?? Help please Empty Re: Allergic Reaction?? Help please

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 00:49

Hello & welcome to the forum.

Has he been in contact with any cut grass? I've found that the grass sap can cause an allergic reaction. However, if that were the case I would have thought that the piriton would help.

Have you changed anything? His food, washing powder etc? He may get s a little relief if you smooth some sudocrem onto the sore bits, but I'm afraid that if it doesn't help quickly, you'll be stuck with another trip to the vets. Sad

Does he have the hormone implants because he's too old to be castrated or because he has a prostate problem? How long has he been having them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 08:48

Hello and welcome

Billy has this a few weeks ago and we took him to the vet and they gave us some antibiotics there are just a few left now and they are really small. I don't know what is was cause my OH took him to the vets and it went above his head, hopefullly you will get this sorted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 09:10

lemmy had it but it cleared up on its own after a month or 2. the vet gave him antibiotics it did no good they did a needle biopsy of the inner but that was inconclusive and they wanted to do a big biopsy anasthetic the lot but we refused for the moment and it healed up itself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 10:47

Blondy get this especially after going through bushes/nettles, the lumps on her seem to only raise her fur not her skin, she doesn't bite, but between her legs its lumpy and sore, at first i thought it was cuts from going through nettles etc, she's have it for a few days then she wont have it for a few months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sun Sep 11 2011, 11:15

My pup has small bumps on her - round base of tail, back legs, and around her ribs...plus 2 on beck of her neck - she tends to nibble the ones she can reach...she has had this before and it was diagnosed as 'pyoderma' [altho the spots she has are white pimple type things rather than angry red things..so personally i think she was mis-diagnosed] she had to have 2 courses of antibiotics to clear it - she has been poorly lately so im thinkin its just all flared up again where she has been run down.

off to vets again tomorrow evening.

costing a small fortune !
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Sep 11 2011, 11:17

Hiya and welcome, can't really add anything as I've not seen it, but you'll get great advice here as you already have Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down