youngkaiser
d.money
princess
Steve
tom-titch
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Empty Billy my 8 month old Staffie.

Post by tom-titch Fri Sep 03 2010, 10:19

First topic message reminder :

I bought Billy for my girlfriend birthday and he was advertised as a stocky staff. He was 12 weeks old and the people we bought him off just kind of handed him over and took the cash and that was it. I have phoned them to ask what Billy is crossed with but he has just said he is an irish staff. I have emailed him for photos of the father but he never replyed. Luckly Billy is a lovely dog, he looks lovely and he is my 3 year old sons bestest friend in the world. What ever Billy is and maybe some of you on here might be able to give me a clue, he is a lovely looking dog.

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Bil

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Billy2

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Billy1

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Billy3

Last edited by tom-titch on Fri Sep 03 2010, 14:46; edited 3 times in total
tom-titch
tom-titch
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Billy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Empty Re: Billy my 8 month old Staffie.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 13:06

Hmmmmm maybe ill do that! lol if i can get close enough! Shes a complete nightmare with stangers. The best dog in the world in her house with mr and mrs and kids (apparently) but as soon as she gets out the house OMG! She hates people, dogs, cats litterally everything i saw her laying into the bush outside there house the other day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 13:13

are you on about the dog or me or bluestaff after a good sesion lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 13:15

bigwazza wrote:are you on about the dog or me or bluestaff after a good sesion lol

I thought it was you or bluestaff, but I suppose it could have been the dog........... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by red_nose_pit Tue Oct 19 2010, 14:51

shane wrote:
bigwazza wrote:
red_nose_pit wrote:They are pit cross or 3/4 pit.Irish staff and long leg staff are ways to advertise pits without saying they are pits.boxer ddb and ridge back are also mixed into the breed to give them a stockier build wiv longer legs. do you have permission to post all them pic from the breeder facebook?

is that what you have done with your dogs.
how did you get a red nose pit into the country
he dressed him up as a boxer and put black marker on his nose rolling on the floor

Did i say my dogs was pitbulls? Rolling Eyes

red_nose_pit
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by red_nose_pit Tue Oct 19 2010, 14:55

Caryll wrote:
red_nose_pit wrote:They are pit cross or 3/4 pit.Irish staff and long leg staff are ways to advertise pits without saying they are pits.

That's silly.

1. How can you possibly say they are 3/4 pit? Or even pit cross? They don't look anything like one, to me. Just my opinion, of course, but I've seen enough of them to form a reasonable one.

2. If you know where to look/ask, you can get pure bred pitbulls in the UK without advertising them as Irish Staff or Long-Legged staffs. For goodness sake, my old Bandit was a long legged staff & he was from champion stafford stock! Not a pitbull in sight! The pitbull breeders in this country have long waiting lists for puppies.

1. They don't look like boxer to me but thats just MO

2. I never said you can't get pure pits, what I said was some people (chav nob heads) call them irish or long leg staff. My staff male is tall. Will upload pics of my 2 when I on home pc. On work one atm wave

red_nose_pit

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 15:01

well dont say other peoples dogs are pitbulls it is avery touchy subject
and with a user name like yours what are we ment to think
post some pics and we will tell you how nice your dogs are

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 15:02

If it was this weekend then it was probably me drunk in the bushes.
Was wasted all weekend and that would explain the rose thorns stuck in my underpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 15:13

Hope you got them out ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 15:17

Mrs got them out.....she said something about it's not the first time she has found a little prick in my pants......whatever that means

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 15:18

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Mrs got them out.....she said something about it's not the first time she has found a little prick in my pants......whatever that means

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor I think I'd like your Mrs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 16:05

and is that the same with the skiddys blue staff not the first time she found a little shit in your underpants too much info

Back to top Go down

Post by tom-titch Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:03

lol. thats so funny lol. I got some photos of Billy's mum for you all to have a look at and I really think in some dogs you see more of the bull type than the terrier. I have found out now that the stud dog was a long legged proper irish staff and was all black. I didnt know Irish Staffs could have papers?

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Billysmum7

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Billysmum5

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Billysmum3

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Billysmum2

Billy my 8 month old Staffie. - Page 2 Billysmum1
tom-titch
tom-titch

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:15

Sure they can. They are staffs, & they come from Ireland! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:35

I didn't know that either, mine so looks like that she is so so leggy, have also been told she is an Irish staff but wasn't too sure as she is a rescue. Lovely pics
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:41

bigwazza wrote:and is that the same with the skiddys blue staff not the first time she found a little shit in your underpants too much info

You know too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:48

BlueStaffBlue wrote:
bigwazza wrote:and is that the same with the skiddys blue staff not the first time she found a little shit in your underpants too much info

You know too much.
no i just know you to well haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:55

Well you should know we have a front and a back door......so next time I come home from work can you use your nugget and not jump out of the window.......seriously how thick are some people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 17:57

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by red_nose_pit Tue Oct 19 2010, 18:22

Caryll wrote:Sure they can. They are staffs, & they come from Ireland! Big Grin

But not a UK recognised breed. The irish staffy was originally bred for fighting. There is no such breed as a pitbull, it's a name given to a bull terrier bred for fighting. So irish staff is basically a pit bull.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/irishstaffordshirebullterrier.htm

red_nose_pit

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Oct 19 2010, 18:31

that website giving wrong information out!!

i heard to many differnet stories about irish breed, i heard they are pit's, i heard dogs figher use cross breed bull terrier & staffies for baiting dogs for their champons fighting dogs can calling them irish staffie and so on,

till someone show me offficial proof, i just think they just cross breeds

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 18:32

there is no such breed as an Irish staffordshire bullterrier its just another name for a pittbull, this name was used to get around the law when american pittbull terriers were banned in Englandhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier

Last edited by shane on Tue Oct 19 2010, 18:59; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 18:38

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 19 2010, 18:44

Mine was from a rescue centre who certainly wouldn't rehome a pit-bull. She classed as a long legged staff not a pitbull
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Oct 19 2010, 18:50

i wouldn't worry about there no way of enforce a dog ban these day Laughing they goverment is cut back on everything,

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 19 2010, 18:56

At the end of the day Tom you have a lovely dog and its all about how you, the owner brings them up and develops there temperament and behaviour, whatever its a stunner x x x Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 20:11

shane wrote: there is no such breed as an Irish staffordshire bullterrier its just another name for a pittbull, this name was used to get around the law when american pittbull terriers were banned in Englandhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier

Take a look at this..... http://www.sbtfun.com/Shop_Books_English_Irish_SBT.html

I have a copy of this book, and the dogs in it are all very much Staffords. Tall & terrier-type, certainly, with 'ripped' muscles but staffords all the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 21:16

yeah but their is no recognised breed called the the Irish staffordshire bull terrier with in the Irish or english kennel clubs, so if their are not recoginised their not a full breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 21:20

shane wrote:yeah but their is no recognised breed called the the Irish staffordshire bull terrier with in the Irish or english kennel clubs, so if their are not recoginised their not a full breed.

No, I know that, but they're not pit bulls either (though try telling the authorities that!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Oct 19 2010, 21:30

i dont have problem with these dog's,i think its the size (or people peetending they something but they are an other thing) of them that make them fall in type, like american bulldog they not a offficial breed some can be class as pitbulls

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 21:46

i don't have any problems with them either, Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19 2010, 21:57

Me neither. I'm not keen on 'ripped' dogs, but that's just cause I like to see a little more cover on my dog's ribs! Big Grin

Impressive, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 14:03

Irish staffords...put very simply are pedigree KC reg staffords born in Ireland lol
Same as you could argue the case for Scottish/Welsh staffords
They are not a 'separate' breed
They are not recognised by any REPUTABLE registration body
SOME unscupulous people will use the term for 'pitbull types'
There are people who lay claim to having a 'strain' of taller/leaner 'stafford types' who will have a background of fighting (though at the end of the day all Staffords will have a fighting dog in their pedigree somewhere, when fighting was outlawed they turned to showing!)

These people, with the original strains, work very hard to keep records and bloodlines "pure" (and you will certainly not see these dogs advertised for sale/stud etc). It is a very closed group and they do not allow strangers/newcomers in - they pass the dogs down through generations of their families and select friends who can be trusted to keep the 'strain' "pure"

This is all but extinct now - a lot of it has to do with the DDA, many of these dogs were seized and killed due to being 'of pitbull type' under the DDA

I highly doubt anyone on this forum has anything remotely resembling what the above people bred!!!!

ED Reid and the IKC (the Intercontinental Kennel Club a non-recognised body, not to be confused with the Irish Kennel Club who are recognised) are simply for people who have an interest in Athletic Canine Events, they can make their dogs up to Champions by way of competing in events such as Weight Pull, A Frame, Long Jump, Vertical Scale and Lure Racing. It is not Breed Specific and there are many dogs who attend ACES days, including KC registered dogs - and KC registered Champion Staffordshire Bull Terriers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 14:44

my staffy katie was born and bred in Ireland and shes a staffordshire bull terrier and says so on her papers, it doesn't say she is an Irish staffordshire bull terrier, there is no such breed as an Irish staffy that is recgonised by any proper kennel club. this is just a nicknmae put on the dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by tom-titch Wed Oct 20 2010, 16:11

Ok so I was on the beach with Billy when I met a couple with a staffie, he was white and had black patches on him. They took one look at Billy and asked me what he was because Billy was a little taller than there dog. I told them that Billy was a staffy but he might have something crossed in him down the line, not by his parents but maybe his great great grandfathers. They told me that there staffy was long legged and was Irish but he was still shorter than Billy. He was 3 and Billy was 9 month old. I think Billy has stoped growing upwards now and when he stands by a full pedegree staffy who has champion blood he isnt that much taller. The talk of Irish Staffs is a bit silly. The way he was talking you would think he had a pedegree staffy. I have also spoken to someone who knows a lot about Bull Terriers and he was telling me they have so many names for so many different type of staffy or pit. You even have a differnt type of dog being bread in different areas and city's. His friend has got a pur bread American Pit Bull. He is massive, a lovely dog though, they have the same temprement as staffy's do if they have the right kind of owner. He even got stopped by the police once so they could ask him what type of dog he had. They actually said "what is that?" his reply was "my dog" lol.

Thing is there are American Pit Bulls in this country being bred all over the place, London to Glasgow. There are so many differnent shapes and sizes of Staffy's coming out of the City's, you only have to look at Liverpool, there being bred all the time, and the people that are breeding these dogs breed with the two biggest, strongest and best looking dogs. Thats where the danger's come into it, teenagers getting them and only using them as a wepon or just to look cool. These dogs arnt having the right kind of training and thats why these dogs have such a bad name. I couldnt really care less about a pedegree staffy or not a pedegree, it doesnt bother me. The way I look at it there is a lot more health problems to be have with full pedegrees because things get passed to that small group of staffy's. The dogs without papers seem to be much stronger and there are more chioice of healthy dogs to be bread with. Another thing is if you go back say 100 years you will see the proper staffy's back then were taller and the pedegree dogs now are much shorter and more for show. Maybe the dogs that they are calling the irish staffs that some people on here are calling mungrals are actually the old type staffy's. The original dogs. Just a thought?
tom-titch
tom-titch

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Oct 20 2010, 16:38

i dont think there are american pitbull terrier more like "pitbull type" in this country cross breed that have similar to american pitbull terrier !

here are a few picture of proper american pitbull terrier

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/americanpitbullterrierphotos.html

it dont matter what staffy look like 100 years.....

old tyme just another name for pitbull sorry my friend...

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tom-titch Wed Oct 20 2010, 16:46

them in the pictures are much skinnyer than Billy is, would you say Billy's mum looks like that in her photos? I cant see it?
tom-titch
tom-titch

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Oct 20 2010, 16:49

leaner that how pitbul should look like Wink tank looking dogs have bull ect(american bulldog) in them

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tom-titch Wed Oct 20 2010, 17:01

so you think Billys mum has american bulldog in here steve? I am getting pictures of her parents too so I can upload them soon.
tom-titch
tom-titch

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Oct 20 2010, 17:09

i would think it would be nearly impossible to tell what billy as him but i can 100% tell you billy dont have any american pitbull terrier in him.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Oct 20 2010, 17:14

tom-titch wrote:irish staffs that some people on here are calling mungrals

that what they are if they dont have KC i wouldn't pay normore £100 for a dog without kennel club papers....

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 17:33

as steve says a staff without papers should not be going for good money.but thats not to say you wont get a cracking dog.
and re the pedigree dogs having more health probs that is unfounded as its the breeding not the pedigree that courses probs it not uncommen for non pedigrees haveing litter sibblings for parents and withn that you get major probs.
at the end of the day he is what he is and that cant be changed
you got a nice dog there thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 22:02

Yes, and I agree with Steve, I doubt he has pit bull in him.

Although there are pure bred pit bulls being bred in the UK, they are very jealous of their bloodlines and rarely allow them to be crossed with anything & the pups go to carefully picked homes to ensure this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:39

take a look at this site in the next thread its tells you exactly what a Irish stafy is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:40

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:52

I notice the article is on the list for deletion. What issues are they unhappy about, do you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:58

i think you problem might be with wikipedia anyone can post on it and change posts so the facts in the article might be way of the truth and be of no relivence to the subject.

tons of kids have used this site for there homework and handed in total non sence ha ha the cheating little sods should have done propper reserce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:59

haven't a clue probably cause it has multiple issues

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Oct 21 2010, 12:02

i dont really rate wiki

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 12:05

like i say steve its not factual information its all other peoples interpratations

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 12:18

shane wrote:my staffy katie was born and bred in Ireland and shes a staffordshire bull terrier and says so on her papers, it doesn't say she is an Irish staffordshire bull terrier, there is no such breed as an Irish staffy that is recgonised by any proper kennel club. this is just a nicknmae put on the dogs.

Yes shane thats exactly what i was saying. There is no such 'breed' as an irish staff as the 'breed' is just a stafford. The closest thing u could get to an 'irish staff' is ur katie lol a staff that was born in the country itself!!! haha The whole irish staff thing is just farsical lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next