Are there does that respond to command in more than one language?

4 posters

Go down

Are there does that respond to command in more than one language? Empty Are there does that respond to command in more than one language?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26 2011, 13:50

I was just wondering because the OH speaks Japanese and English and I only speak English with very little Japanese, Arabic, Thai and Fillipino. I can get along quite well in Spanish though Smile . Since we live in Japan and Suki has alot of help from the people at the dog park with her training she responds to Japanese commands mostly. She will respond to sit and down (sometimes) in English. I am constantly getting the commands wrong and was wondering if anyone else here is having a similar issue.

And yes I know it could be solved very easily if I would simply learn Japanese Laughing

Back to top Go down

Are there does that respond to command in more than one language? Empty Re: Are there does that respond to command in more than one language?

Post by janey Tue Jul 26 2011, 13:52

I wouldn't be clever enough to learn Japanese Laughing
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Are there does that respond to command in more than one language? Empty Re: Are there does that respond to command in more than one language?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26 2011, 13:56

I'm not either and I've been here 4 out of the last 5 years Laughing . Usually not a problem but sometimes people assume I speak both languages and forget to provide me with a translator when I am doing business with the Japanese government which leads to some akward situations.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jul 26 2011, 13:57

Laughing I can just imagine!! Do most people speak English there then, like in the Dog park so you can have a conversation with people? Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26 2011, 14:03

They teach English in school but language is a pershiable skill so if it's not used it's lost pretty quick. English is fairly common here so if you stay in one place long enough you will run into someone that can help out. At the dog park there is only one lady that will speak to me in English Sad

Even though I can't speak the language I can understand around 25-30% of a conversation and am excellent at using my hands to act out what I am trying to say. My better half has also worked as a translator for over 15 years so I get along pretty well Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jul 26 2011, 14:09

Thats great, I don't think I would have the nerve to live in a country where I didn't speak the language, I'd get lonely, but with your Mrs as a translator you make a perfect pair Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by buster2011 Tue Jul 26 2011, 14:27

buster sometime does not listan to english let alone any other language Big Grin
buster2011
buster2011
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Are there does that respond to command in more than one language? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Tue Jul 26 2011, 14:54

When we looked after the rotty, he was trained to attack on command but only in turkish, since those were the people that raised him.
Romeo can't understand another language, but if you ask him 'wheres batman' he'll bark.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Pittboss Tue Jul 26 2011, 19:15

jstaff wrote:I was just wondering because the OH speaks Japanese and English and I only speak English with very little Japanese, Arabic, Thai and Fillipino. I can get along quite well in Spanish though Smile . Since we live in Japan and Suki has alot of help from the people at the dog park with her training she responds to Japanese commands mostly. She will respond to sit and down (sometimes) in English. I am constantly getting the commands wrong and was wondering if anyone else here is having a similar issue.

And yes I know it could be solved very easily if I would simply learn Japanese Laughing
[

You could just have your OH attach hand signals with all the commands.I have always done this with my dogs and it works well.It should be a lot easier than learning another language.
Pittboss
Pittboss
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blue
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down