Health / Eye Fogginess

2 posters

Go down

Health / Eye Fogginess Empty Health / Eye Fogginess

Post by rkyo Mon Jan 15 2018, 07:42

Hey everybody,

I have had Vince since he was around 2 months old and i have always noticed his eyes are never clear. There is like a bluish foggy look to them. There is no problem with his vision that i can tell, his perception seems fine. I dont know if this is a symptom of an illness such as cataracts but this isnt something that developed over the months as he aged. It looks like a puppys eye (not fully developed bluish) but it never seems to clear out he is now 13 months old and none of the other dogs around have this condition. None of his parents are blue so i would guess that would eliminate the possibility of blue eye genetics. I would love to know what you guys think about this. The vets said it was because he was a puppy when i had asked them way before.
Health / Eye Fogginess 15160011
Health / Eye Fogginess 15160012

rkyo
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Health / Eye Fogginess Empty Re: Health / Eye Fogginess

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15 2018, 07:58

To be honest, it's hard to tell from the photos due to the amount of reflection in the eye.

I would recommend you get it checked properly by a vet, not only because I would anyway but also because a visual abnormality could well cause/contribute to behavioural issues, e.g. the dog reactions you've been getting.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkyo Mon Jan 15 2018, 08:02

okay Liz thanks Smile btw his eyes have alvays been this way the issue is that it never seems to fade away with age as vets told me it would. I'm concerned that its glaucoma or cataracts Sad

Sent from Topic'it App

rkyo

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Mon Jan 15 2018, 10:36

I'd also get it checked out. It may be nothing, but with eyes I wouldn't take a chance.

As Liz says, it's hard to notice anything wrong from the photos because of the light reflection.

Maybe speak to a different vet to the one you saw before?

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down