Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like?

+8
dkay72
Staffy
Sierra
chloexxx
Summerisle
janey
Steve
Ti Amo Edinburgh
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 Empty Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like?

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Tue Jun 28 2011, 22:17

First topic message reminder :

For me, the Bull Terrier, in white.

Others would be the Shar Pei, which I think is an amazing looking dog. Sadly, those very looks have led to health issues.

American Bulldogs seem like good looking dogs, not sure what their nature tends to be?

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Ti Amo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 Empty Re: Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 11:31

Like Boxers & Bull Matiffs.
JRTs do my head in and I don't trust them.
Not saying they are bad, but I looked up "evil" in the dictionary and one of the terms used was "wicked". I would describe the one we had as "nasty little sh*te" at times, I was much more worried about him snapping at someone than I've ever been with any other dog I've had. stomp

Back to top Go down

Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 Empty Re: Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 11:45

I had a GSD x Rough Collie years ago, and he was one of the most unpredictable dogs I've ever known!

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Sat Jul 02 2011, 12:00

ti amo have a look in the section other pets theres a pic of my old sharpei and my missis and a little write up
dkay72
dkay72
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Sat Jul 02 2011, 12:47

Steve wrote:jack russell (i know they not on the KC official breed) but these dog are evil little dog!! not all but most are..

Are they not?

Why not?

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Sat Jul 02 2011, 12:48

dkay72 wrote:ti amo have a look in the section other pets theres a pic of my old sharpei and my missis and a little write up

Oh, I must have a look for that, would love to see it.

Steve

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Sat Jul 02 2011, 12:50

Anyone ever seen or had experience with Bedlington Terriers?

I have seen two in my whole life, not sure if I am keen on them or not.

They look like lambs!

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Jul 02 2011, 17:41

Ti Amo Edinburgh wrote:
Steve wrote:jack russell (i know they not on the KC official breed) but these dog are evil little dog!! not all but most are..

Are they not?

Why not?

the breeders wouldn't change i think so the other type was added to the kennel club list of official breeds the person russel terrier

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02 2011, 19:33

janey wrote:tattooed Surprised

Samson has a skull and crossbones on his left leg and my rabbits name on his neck Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Jul 02 2011, 20:09

Marty wrote:
janey wrote:tattooed Surprised

Samson has a skull and crossbones on his left leg and my rabbits name on his neck Laughing

Laughing marty

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02 2011, 20:13

Ti Amo Edinburgh wrote:Anyone ever seen or had experience with Bedlington Terriers?

They look like lambs!

Seen a few at shows. They look such delicate things, but they're like all terriers - bloody deadly when their blood is up! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Sun Jul 03 2011, 03:36

Caryll wrote:
Ti Amo Edinburgh wrote:Anyone ever seen or had experience with Bedlington Terriers?

They look like lambs!

Seen a few at shows. They look such delicate things, but they're like all terriers - bloody deadly when their blood is up! Big Grin

But unlike some terriers, they don't really have the mass to carry it off, maybe..

day dreaming
Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrby Sun Jul 03 2011, 07:21

Gotta say I've always been partial to the "big softies":

Newfoundland
German Shepherd
American Mastiff

And as for smaller pooches:

Welsh Terrier
Blue Heeler
Staffie
Kerrby
Kerrby

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Voodoo
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Sat Jul 09 2011, 01:08

Oh, I quite Rhodesian Ridgebacks, albeit I haven't seen too many around.

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Sat Jul 09 2011, 01:33

I love Australian Shepherds,I had one when I was 7 named "Belle" and she was amazingly trained,loving,obedient and wildly athletic. Love that breed,always will Big Grin

I also love Border Terriers,I used to also have one of them,his name was "Huck". I love their look and their great nature. Huck was a sweetie and always loved everyone...and his food bowl Laughing

Those are mine aside from Staffies,which are my #1 breed right now Tongues
emily
emily
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gus & Maybel (Kelly RIP)
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Sat Jul 09 2011, 01:56

Some surprise choices by peeps Smile

What are your thoughts on these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akita_Inu
Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09 2011, 04:51

I'd have any dog given the opertunity, I love Rotties/bull mastiff/mastiff/belgian malinois/basenji/alskan malamute/siberian huskies but what i really want is a czechoslovakian wolfdog

I love All Akita's but it would break my heart own one because of this (The loyalty of an Akita named Hachiko established the breed as truly loyal to their owners. The famous Akita Hachiko spent nine years waiting daily at the Shibuya railway station for his deceased master to return home. Hachiko's popularity brought back the Akita from the brink of extinction)The are so loyal its concerning, as you never know what can happen to you and they tend to only warm one person and one person only
Personal experience my mate had an Akita for nine years, he broke up with his missus and when he came home his dog was gone, this dog was perfect in every way, but once seperated from his master he because really ill, depressed and aggressive, she gave him away but the other person couldn't do anything with him either and he had alot of experience in dogs, He had to be put down Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09 2011, 07:28

I am not keen on Jack Russell's, but I had a JRT X Foxy and he was my best friend when I was a kid, most other JRT's that I have met have been pretty narky!

I feel the same way about Akitas miss rogue, after watching Hachi and researching them. though I have really never been into husky/snow type dogs, not sure why, maybe because our neighbours used to have one that howled all night and kept me up a lot lol.

I love the idea of having a pug, (whome I would name Porco) but all the health concerns are what is stopping me.

the number one dog I have owned is my Chocolate Labrador Charlie, he is just an angel! I don't think I could beat him. If i get another dog down the track it will hopefully be either of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Sat Jul 09 2011, 14:32

MissRogue wrote:I'd have any dog given the opertunity, I love Rotties/bull mastiff/mastiff/belgian malinois/basenji/alskan malamute/siberian huskies but what i really want is a czechoslovakian wolfdog

I love All Akita's but it would break my heart own one because of this (The loyalty of an Akita named Hachiko established the breed as truly loyal to their owners. The famous Akita Hachiko spent nine years waiting daily at the Shibuya railway station for his deceased master to return home. Hachiko's popularity brought back the Akita from the brink of extinction)The are so loyal its concerning, as you never know what can happen to you and they tend to only warm one person and one person only
Personal experience my mate had an Akita for nine years, he broke up with his missus and when he came home his dog was gone, this dog was perfect in every way, but once seperated from his master he because really ill, depressed and aggressive, she gave him away but the other person couldn't do anything with him either and he had alot of experience in dogs, He had to be put down Sad

How sad.

Sad
Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Sat Jul 09 2011, 14:34

russdogmum wrote:I love the idea of having a pug .

How about a Boston Terrier?

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09 2011, 15:30

yeah I just don't find them very good looking dogs, but I haven't ever researched them so I might find out moe I like about them.

Although I dont think they are very readily available here

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Sat Jul 09 2011, 15:43

russdogmum wrote:yeah I just don't find them very good looking dogs, but I haven't ever researched them so I might find out moe I like about them.

Although I dont think they are very readily available here

What about a Sharpei?

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10 2011, 00:23

also a dog that doesn't greatly appeal to me, temperement wise, they are beautiful though! I probably will end up with a pug some day Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsbelfast1968 Sun Jul 10 2011, 14:09

Well i love all dogs but ive got the this tiny little jack russle,small but deadly lol Smile

mrsbelfast1968
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Mon Jul 11 2011, 18:41

mrsbelfast1968 wrote:Well i love all dogs but ive got the this tiny little jack russle,small but deadly lol Smile

If they were the size of Mastiffs, they could rule the World!

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by giblet Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:10

Ti Amo Edinburgh wrote:I mentioned that I have always had a thing for Sharpei's, in my OP.

Have to say,, not encountered too many, in my life, less than six.

Anyone hear seen one in the recent past, or know one?

we ownd a sheirpei x gsd this is a quick pic hope you like herOther than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 Darrensfone171
giblet
giblet

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : harley
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:14

giblet wrote:
Ti Amo Edinburgh wrote:I mentioned that I have always had a thing for Sharpei's, in my OP.

we ownd a sheirpei x gsd this is a quick pic hope you like herOther than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 Darrensfone171

Oooh..interesting, you look for a few seconds, you see GSD mostly, then a few seconds more, and you see mostly Sharpei!

What were the skin issues like, or did it have more of the GSD coat?

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:15

omg it looks like A.LF. hahah cute that is
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:17

[img]Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 060[/img]
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:18

this was my VINNY and missis nicole
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:55

giblet wrote:

wow what a mix

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Mon Jul 11 2011, 21:19

[img]Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 063[/img][img]Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 020-2[/img][img]Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 019-1[/img]
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Jul 11 2011, 21:21

my mate as a blue one.... the blue ones has also a blue tongues

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Mon Jul 11 2011, 21:23

theyve all got blue tongues steve on this pic vinnys is ,mainly pink cus hes thirsty wen he drinks it goes back to blue, thats wen you know there dihidrated
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Jul 11 2011, 21:33

the blue ones tongue is all blue Tongues it's the only breed that does this the sandy colour should have a normal tongue.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Jul 11 2011, 21:37

Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 Cola_on_beach_20rainbodragon_1_

Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 Stock-photo-front-view-of-shar-pei-lying-dog-sticking-out-tongue-isolated-on-a-white-background-66890110

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11 2011, 22:44

An all pink tongue is a fault.............

MouthTongue, roof of mouth, gums and flews: solid bluish-black is preferred. Solid pink tongue undesirable. Dogs with self-coloured pigment and amber or light brown eyes would be expected to have a lavender tongue. Teeth strong, with a perfect, regular and complete scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws. Padding of lower lip should not be so excessive so as to interfere with the bite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12 2011, 02:17

dkay72 wrote:theyve all got blue tongues steve on this pic vinnys is ,mainly pink cus hes thirsty wen he drinks it goes back to blue, thats wen you know there dihidrated

that is interesting!

all these sharpeis are so cute! love the german shep mix! their ears are so weird!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 12 2011, 08:50

Caryll wrote:An all pink tongue is a fault.............

MouthTongue, roof of mouth, gums and flews: solid bluish-black is preferred. Solid pink tongue undesirable. Dogs with self-coloured pigment and amber or light brown eyes would be expected to have a lavender tongue. Teeth strong, with a perfect, regular and complete scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws. Padding of lower lip should not be so excessive so as to interfere with the bite

ooo right

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12 2011, 09:12

It's one of only 2 breeds like that; the other one is the Chow.

Back to top Go down

Post by giblet Tue Jul 12 2011, 15:03

mine had a mix of both all the time but she was a x
giblet
giblet

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : harley
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Tue Jul 12 2011, 17:15

dkay72 wrote:[img]Other than Staffies what other breeds do you like? - Page 2 060[/img]

Stunning xx.

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Tue Jul 12 2011, 19:25

yep tru caryll every sharpei should have a blue tongue no matter wat, the chow is from the same lines Big Grin
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Tue Jul 12 2011, 21:04

I saw some supposed Sharpei/Staff X's, on the net, last night.

To my surprise, they looked more Staff than anything.

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12 2011, 21:08

They are big dogs arent they very stunning

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Tue Jul 12 2011, 21:10

Tracie-Milly-Moos Mum wrote:They are big dogs arent they very stunning

Those that I have seen are not massively tall, maybe about the height of a male Bull Terrier.

Sharpei pups are expensive, not much change from a grand!

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 12 2011, 22:33

https://youtu.be/pMkrdFxdCww

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 08:57

Lovely dogs but think I found my dream dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2