Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts??

+7
F H
Nathan
Dogface
dazoldo
Mia05
-Ian-
Stan and Holly
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts?? - Page 2 Empty Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts??

Post by Stan and Holly Sat Mar 07 2015, 21:14

First topic message reminder :

How do people feel about this? Some seem to think they should stay there and some feel they're trying to win a group that they can't because half of their genes are from the Bull breeds and the other comes from terriers that are no longer around. What do you think? Smile
Stan and Holly
Stan and Holly
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts?? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog(s) Ages : 7 Years 4/6/10
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 52

https://2img.net/i/fa/pbucket.gif

Back to top Go down

Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts??

Post by F H Fri Mar 27 2015, 16:35

Wow... I'm shocked at the negative comments on here..... I wonder how many of you have even been to dog shows, let alone have a real interest in the true Stafford breed....A majority of dogs that I have seen on here are nothing like a true Stafford. It seems that if you have a dog that is boistrous or a bit thick set, you call it a staffi... Well, I suppose you can call it what you like !!....... I thought I was joining a site which was about Staffordshire Bull Terriers, but I was wrong. This is a site about dogs, that MAY, resemble the great Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

F H
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts??

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27 2015, 16:53

FH, you seem to be reading our comments in a way that's not always intended. I agree that some may have been worded more softly, but on the other hand I can also understand that someone joining the site and APPEARING to knock our staffie crosses and staffies that may not be 100% purebred in some way is bound to upset some. It's a bit like criticising someone's child.

I understand that showing and adhering to a fixed breed standard is important for you, but at the same time I also understand that for many of us there is a wider net that catches those that you personally would not call a true SBT. Neither is right or wrong, it's just a different viewpoint.

It might be a good idea for us all to take a step back, cool down and maybe reread what everyone else has said in a less harsh light. And breathe...

Back to top Go down

Post by F H Fri Mar 27 2015, 17:11

Thank you for that LizP....As you say, a different viewpoint. But I don't think I have joined the right forum for me...
If you could help me please, I would be grateful. Can you advise me how to delete myself from this site.
Thank you,
FH

F H

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Fri Mar 27 2015, 17:36

I already answered your post in the technical issues section you havent the faintest idea about the wealth of experience of the many valued members of this forum, i shall also make another point. If you think.that every staffordshire bull terrier should be taken to shows constantly to win prizes and no other dog will do you havent a clue about being a dog owner im only sorry our mere dogs off the bottom of the pile werent of exceptional quality to your obviously high etiquette of dog ownership.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts?? - Page 2 B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Fri Mar 27 2015, 19:12

F H wrote:I thought I was joining a site which was about Staffordshire Bull Terriers, but I was wrong. This is a site about dogs, that MAY, resemble the great Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Its a shame that you feel that you no longer want to be a registered user of this forum, however, you certainly haven't tried to integrate either by posting comments such as the one above.

The simplest way to unregister is to delete the address from your favourites.

In the interest of sanity I have locked this thread.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Staffies in the Terrier group at Crufts?? - Page 2 B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2