Do you think the bullys should be in the terrier group?

4 posters

Go down

Do you think the bullys should be in the terrier group? Empty Do you think the bullys should be in the terrier group?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11 2012, 19:18

I know they are technically terrier due to why they are here, but when you see a poofy little fluffy yappy skinny things walking about you think "thats a terrier" but staffs, english or pits don't look or act like terriers, so do you think they should have a different group for showing?

Back to top Go down

Do you think the bullys should be in the terrier group? Empty Re: Do you think the bullys should be in the terrier group?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11 2012, 19:20

Also, did anyone else notice the big cheer the Staffy got Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Do you think the bullys should be in the terrier group? Empty Re: Do you think the bullys should be in the terrier group?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11 2012, 19:24

big roar from the crowd - when will we see a "proper" dog actually win!

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Mar 11 2012, 19:26

my thoughts too,think they should be a group just for them and yes was good to hear the cheers for the staffy,def got the biggest cheer applause
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Mar 11 2012, 19:30

Yes that was a lovely touch, made me feel proud even though Rocky is only a cross
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11 2012, 19:36

I felt very proud too tehehe. The only problem obviously is there would only be two breeds of dog in it haha but what group are mastiffs etc in? I think staffs are more like mastiff and boxers than terriers.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Mar 11 2012, 19:39

kathytake2 wrote: made me feel proud even though Rocky is only a cross

Surprised close your ears Rocky!! ONLY?!?! Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11 2012, 20:18

Was thinking the same thing. Sort of mixing real dogs with wuzzies. I did not know there was a breed 'miniture' EBT. Kinda liked it.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sun Mar 11 2012, 22:05

poofy little fluffy yappy skinny things walking about you think "thats a terrier"
That poofy yappy thing can rip a rat apart in five seconds. Sad how people use terriers as lapdogs, they like to be busy.
staffs, english or pits don't look or act like terriers
Most do act like terriers, pits in particular, part of the reason that inexperienced owners shouldn't have them. They have the terriers snap and drive, not a bad thing but when a dog is under-stimulated and under-exercised drives them to frustration and lashing out. They are not bulldogs, they are terriers.
I think staffs are more like mastiff and boxers than terriers
Staffs were bred from the original bull baiting bulldogs that in turn were bred from the ancient mastiffs. Boxers were bred from the German version of the bull baiting bulldog, the bullenbeiser. So technically they are related.
I think the Staffordshire bull terrier and bull terrier have every right to be in the terrier group, especially with the Airedale in it! To not take their 'terrierness' into account does them a great disservice.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11 2012, 22:09

I think they should be in the terrier group. Their character is mainly terrier, and they'll definitely go to ground which is, after all, where the name 'terrier' comes from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 01:15

I, personally, see a lot of Terrier in the "Bull and Terrier" (Bully) Breeds. They dig, they're tenacious, they have a high prey drive, jump crazy high, are very fast, etc. etc. I think Saxon is a lot more similar to crazy terriers than lazy bulldogs and mastiffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 11:52

CatStina wrote:I, personally, see a lot of Terrier in the "Bull and Terrier" (Bully) Breeds. They dig, they're tenacious, they have a high prey drive, jump crazy high, are very fast, etc. etc. I think Saxon is a lot more similar to crazy terriers than lazy bulldogs and mastiffs.

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down