worms?

Go down

worms? Empty worms?

Post by foxy.lee Mon May 23 2011, 23:25

i went online a few days ago to look up symptoms of worms in pups and it mentioned they can cause convulsions and foaming at the mouth (like nakita had). im thinking this could be her problem. her first attack over 2 weeks ago she had worm symptoms the day after attack (distended tum, rubbin bum on carpet etc) and vet said she had worms too. her second attack last thursday was only small and next day had worm symptoms. the worm treatment from vet was useless so ive bought beaphar worm cream which seems much better. so heres hoping thats what causes her 'episodes'. question is (sorry for ramble) ive checked her poop (ewww) and saw nothing wriggling... but lots of little white bits, are these a sign? thank you xx
foxy.lee
foxy.lee
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nikita
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

worms? Empty Re: worms?

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 00:44

I'm not an expert, but I the white bits as you call them could very possibly be worms ( or parts of ) Hopefully with the worming treatment you have managed to end your problem for now. Keep a close eye on her and see how she goes. If you are unsure or have further concerns, I personally would head back to the vet (even if you take a poo sample with you)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 03:10

Hopefully you are at the bottom ( no pun lol) of it.... but just be careful that you dont "over worm " and make a sick lil puppy.
When i worm my pup she sometimes gets an upset belly.. I try and time it so we are home with her to watch her and she isnt left in her crate when she really needs to go to the loo... nothing worse than holding onto poo when you have had worming tablets to get rid of it !
xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 09:12

With some wormers the worms are disolved, so you won't see anything. The white bits, though, could be tapeworm eggs. If that's the case, then you might want to just check that the wormer covers both roundworms and tapeworms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down