Walking

2 posters

Go down

Walking Empty Walking

Post by Bruno311210 Wed May 11 2011, 19:47

Wasn't sure where to put this so I am putting it here Smile

Now Bruno has his last feed at 6pm then we walk him an hour later, is that enough time for his food to settle or should be say feed him at 5pm and walk him at 7pm because 9/10 he will come back and go for a no2 outside and it is diarrhea, he does tend to play after his feed as well, but by himself. Just wondered if walking him an hour after food is upsetting his system.

Any Advice Will Be Taken On Board Big Grin
Bruno311210
Bruno311210
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Walking Empty Re: Walking

Post by janey Wed May 11 2011, 19:55

I have had problems with diareah since I've had moo. Health checks/diets/food changing/feeding time changing/walk times, it just goes on......................................

I still haven't a clue, on her 3rd food now in 15 months and its improving, but still yet to see. At the moment I'm trying feeding b4 she goes to bed, which Moo being older I can, (I hope) so we'll see. x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 20:25

The last time i walk the adult around 2am they have diareah. I think its because they hold it for too long maybe because if i walk them a little sooner all is fine. but my lot have their last meal around 3-4pm so they are completly "empty" until morning walk.
Also i'v always walked mine straight after feeding its only a toilet walk though so no running or playing etc until about an hour later and i'v not had any problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 22:40

I never walk a dog so soon after a meal.

Dempsey gets his main afternoon walk at around 3.30 - 4.00pm, and I feed him about an hour after he comes home. Then I give him a very short walk to our local green (only about 10/15 minutes gentle walking) before I go to bed, any time from about 10pm, so he gets about 4 hours or more from the time of his meal to when he goes for a walk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down