Regurgitating little bits when fed a bone and sometimes with rawhide.

2 posters

Go down

Regurgitating little bits when fed a bone and sometimes with rawhide.  Empty Regurgitating little bits when fed a bone and sometimes with rawhide.

Post by Staffy Mon Apr 25 2011, 15:40

As above my bitch enjoys a bone now and again, same with the rawhide chews.She'll eat the meat off the bone etc.Then she'll drink a small bit of water and about 10-20 minutes later she'll bring up little bits sinew or if she eats raw hide chews a little bit of that can come up.

The amount in total is probably of a quarter of a handful which consists of tiny pieces.She does not seem bothered/affected by this and will continue on with her normal goings on.

I have had pups do the same but with properly undigested food with they would then eat.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what's happening here?

Many thanks in advance, Staffy.
Staffy
Staffy
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regurgitating little bits when fed a bone and sometimes with rawhide.  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly.
Dog Gender(s) : Female.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Regurgitating little bits when fed a bone and sometimes with rawhide.  Empty Re: Regurgitating little bits when fed a bone and sometimes with rawhide.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:27

sorry no idea - woody does it immediately with rawhide because he is such a greedy guts - tries to swallow it too fast and ends up sicking it back up to chew properly

Back to top Go down

Regurgitating little bits when fed a bone and sometimes with rawhide.  Empty Re: Regurgitating little bits when fed a bone and sometimes with rawhide.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:31

Dempsey also brings up sinew. I really don't know why. If there's little or no sinew on the bone, he's fine & keeps the whole lot down. I've just always put it down to him just not being able to stomach it - can't say I blame him there!

I take it the bone is raw?

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:37

I may be being thick but whats sinew??
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:38

The bit that connects muscle to bone - the tendons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:41

Caryll wrote:Dempsey also brings up sinew. I really don't know why. If there's little or no sinew on the bone, he's fine & keeps the whole lot down. I've just always put it down to him just not being able to stomach it - can't say I blame him there!

I take it the bone is raw?

Raw and sawn.
Staffy
Staffy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:43

Thank you Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:47

Maybe he just doesn't like the tough bits! I know it's a pain when you have to clear it up, but if he's ok otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:52

Thanks for all the replies.
Staffy
Staffy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down