Winter approaching...where do all the dogs go?!

+7
asa-james
Sazzle
reuben
Kathy
Nathan
janey
cesca1
11 posters

Go down

Winter approaching...where do all the dogs go?! Empty Winter approaching...where do all the dogs go?!

Post by cesca1 Sat Sep 14 2013, 11:59

On sunny days there are always soooo many dogs about. Rainy days... where do a lot of them go?? Annoys me so much to think of all the dogs which obviously aren't being walked.

Just had to air my frustration!
cesca1
cesca1
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 20.04.12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 65

Back to top Go down

Winter approaching...where do all the dogs go?! Empty Re: Winter approaching...where do all the dogs go?!

Post by janey Sat Sep 14 2013, 12:03

Ha ha ha I am always saying this! I swear people just don't bother!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Winter approaching...where do all the dogs go?! Empty Re: Winter approaching...where do all the dogs go?!

Post by cesca1 Sat Sep 14 2013, 12:04

I like rainy walks, dog walking clothes are generally the only clothes I like shopping for lol!
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14 2013, 12:21

I don't like rainy or windy walks but it has to be done. Lola doesn't like them either so it's usually just Lily who will go out biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Sep 14 2013, 12:36

fair weather walkers we call them Big Grin the park at night is getting emptier and emptier. at the weekends there are fewer people with or without dogs in the woods which i quite like tbh.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14 2013, 12:43

I don't think people can be bothered tbh. Very annoying dogs aren't just for sunny days! Should have seen me last night I was dripping with wet like a drowned rat Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Sep 14 2013, 12:58

cesca1 wrote:I like rainy walks, dog walking clothes are generally the only clothes I like shopping for lol!
thumbs up  Same here, I now love windy, rainy days they are so much quieter. Hubby and me took Rocky up to a local field this morning for a walk and only saw one other person and that was a girl jogging, she's one of Rockys many girl friends too. We were out for about an hour and a half and didn't even notice the time.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat Sep 14 2013, 13:17

Yep. It's the same hardcore walkers we see throughout the winter. Don't know where the fair weather people go. I suspect their dogs just get turfed out into the garden for 5 mins. Must admit there are days I can't be bothered but I'd feel guilty if The Wee Man didn't get his walks.
My favourite, apart from warm summer days, is cold crisp snow walks.
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Sep 14 2013, 13:22

Awwwwww cold frosty sunshine, now you're talking Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck 
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14 2013, 14:14

like the cooler weather but just a shame one of our favourite walks gets bogged down with mud now Sad Have to get some better fitting waterproofs this year so I don't spend all of the walk hitching them up

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Sat Sep 14 2013, 14:17

Hehe must admit I do like that the routes are much quieter but feel for the dogs involved. Cold and frosty are fantastic walk days Smile
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Sep 14 2013, 17:01

Yeah I notice this too, poor doggies not getting walked :-( although daisy would be more than happy not to get walked in the rain!!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Sat Sep 14 2013, 17:25

I do struggle to walk Lola in the rain. If I let her off lead she either legs it home or hides under a bush, so I stick to games in house. If its cold and dry, we're out and about Smile
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by sonics family Sat Sep 14 2013, 17:34

there is a lady near us....in her eighties and she is out with her dogs whatever the weather, often she is the only person we see when the weather is bad! she always has rescue dogs in their twilight years, she walks them at 7.00am every morning, half way round the path on the field then over the grass and back home...takes her a good couple of hours but she always persists!
sonics family
sonics family
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sonic
Dog(s) Ages : 26.06.2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14 2013, 17:54

I love going for walks in the snow Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14 2013, 17:55

I like frosty walks too. It's lovely here tonight with the autumn sun. However it is going to rain for the next few days here and be cold cold 

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Sep 14 2013, 21:41

Haha I hate summer walks just because they're always so busy and Biscuit can't cope with it.. I make a point of going out in the rain so we get some peace and quiet Big Grin Soo glad it's Autumn again now, but as others said feel so bad for the dogs! I know someone whose dogs get walked once a week in the winter!! Poor things Sad
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14 2013, 21:48

I love summer walks although not when it is really hot as Lily can't cope with the heat. There is a dene near where I live and I love taking the girls and seeing how it changes through the seasons, I find it fascinating biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Sep 14 2013, 22:22

Oh no don't get me wrong I love summer walks in quiet places Laughing Just seems that a lot of parents on the estate behind me hoof their kids out with the dog to our usual walking place and they're all running around like lunatics..
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Sun Sep 15 2013, 00:11

I find its the fair weather walkers that tend to pick up their little white fluffy dogs most! I once meet a couple both dressed in completely white outfits with a white little dog that they picked up as soon as they saw us Rolling Eyes hehe
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15 2013, 00:52

Dempsey gets walked in all weathers. Only times we've ever considered cancelling a walk have been due to injury or extreme heat, which he doesn't cope well with. If it's too hot, he gets an extra walk at a cooler time of day.

I love rainy walks. Nobody else around!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15 2013, 01:39

Darcy hates the rain but gets walked regardless Smile I love walking in the rain. There is always less walkers on bad weather days.

Back to top Go down

Post by jo garnett Sun Sep 15 2013, 10:31

Yep same here, the field and the beach are deserted when it's raining. I can understand people maybe waiting until it's stopped but if the forecast is rain all day you have to just get out and do it. I find buying pretty wellies always makes me want to get togged up and get out Laughing 
jo garnett
jo garnett

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : both 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Both female
Support total : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Sun Sep 15 2013, 12:13

I much prefer the colder wet weather than the summer heat, less people and the heat doesn't get to you!! People just disappear in summer here actually as well as winter, as some days reach up to 40c, not looking forward to it this summer!!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sun Sep 15 2013, 12:37

Maria90 wrote:I much prefer the colder wet weather than the summer heat, less people and the heat doesn't get to you!! People just disappear in summer here actually as well as winter, as some days reach up to 40c, not looking forward to it this summer!!
Must be difficult in those sorts of temperatures. We hit mid 20s this year and Bacchus struggled.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down