My boy not eating - thoughts appreciated

Go down

My boy not eating - thoughts appreciated  Empty My boy not eating - thoughts appreciated

Post by emmski Mon Aug 26 2013, 19:30

Hi all,

Hi,

I am hoping you can help. My staffy Theo who normally wolfs down his food hasn't eaten much today and has slept for most of the day - he is normally quite lazy though!! My partner has recently started working away for 10 days at a time and he went last night so i think he just might be missing him - he does dote on him.

He seems OK within himself, and was fine on his walks. he has had a couple of treats which he ate. I managed to get him to eat a little bit earlier, but he just ate a couple of mouthfuls but between each one wandered into the lounge to make sure I was still there - poor baby!

I'm just wondering what people think and how long do you think I should leave it before I take him to the vets, also I'm not sure whether to try other favourite foods to tempt him to eat and give him a bit more attention - i am worried about seperation anxiety and don't want to encourage that.

Any help would be really appreciated

Emma and Theo

Last edited by emmski on Mon Aug 26 2013, 19:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
emmski
emmski
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

My boy not eating - thoughts appreciated  Empty Re: My boy not eating - thoughts appreciated

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26 2013, 19:35

Poor fella, it does sound as though he's missing your oh!

If he's ok in himself & he's drinking ok, I wouldn't worry overmuch. Just monitor it & try not to make too much fuss over it. If he doesn't eat his meal, just take it up & wait till the next meal before he gets anything else.

Tough love.Sad 

Back to top Go down