kC registration query

Go down

kC registration query Empty kC registration query

Post by godells Sun Aug 18 2013, 12:42

Hi all.

Ella has come from a litter of six. she is a blue staff. we met her mother (staff called storm) and her dad is Bronson blue a big stud Big Grin Wink 

The only problem is her breeders didn't register her or other 5 pups with the Kennel club so she has no papers. We have her date of birth too.

Is there anyway as she is only 7 weeks old that I, the owner, can register her?

I hope so,

Thanks for you help in this matter.
godells
godells
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Ella
Dog(s) Ages : 7 Weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

kC registration query Empty Re: kC registration query

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18 2013, 12:43

Only the breeders have the correct papers and the ability to register her , did you see papers for both parents and evidence of health tests etc

Back to top Go down

Post by godells Sun Aug 18 2013, 12:47

no didn't see any if this. I don't think her mother has papers anyway but her dad would do but he was used to breed with mother who was a family pet. What are the papers for? don't really know a lot about KC tbh

Thanks
godells
godells

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18 2013, 12:54

Well for the pups to be KC reg , both parents have to be KC reg and then the litter is registered by the breeder , assigned with KC names either by the breeder or the purchaser depending upon the breeder , timing etc . For instance when I bought my boy he already had his KC name as he was 5 weeks old when we picked him and the breeder wanted all the pups paperwork to be sorted and back for 8 weeks when we should take him home, others who were on the waiting list picked the pup they wanted at 1-2 weeks and chose their own names.

Unfortunately it seems you have bought from a Back Yard Breeder but there is no point to criticise or worry about it now what is done is done ( I bought my first pup Tilly this way , then joined the forum and learned the error of my ways , hence the research route for Tommy )

Back to top Go down

Post by godells Sun Aug 18 2013, 13:03

Well for the pups to be KC reg , both parents have to be KC reg and then the litter is registered by the breeder , assigned with KC names either by the breeder or the purchaser depending upon the breeder , timing etc . For instance when I bought my boy he already had his KC name as he was 5 weeks old when we picked him and the breeder wanted all the pups paperwork to be sorted and back for 8 weeks when we should take him home, others who were on the waiting list picked the pup they wanted at 1-2 weeks and chose their own names.

Unfortunately it seems you have bought from a Back Yard Breeder but there is no point to criticise or worry about it now what is done is done ( I bought my first pup Tilly this way , then joined the forum and learned the error of my ways , hence the research route for Tommy )

Thanks ever so much for this - This is my first puppy and loving the fact that we have one. Just such a learning curve but enjoying it. I feel like a little bit of an idiot but whats done is done I suppose. She is a very beautiful pup so I wouldn't change her for the world.

Appreciate your help on this Smile
godells
godells

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18 2013, 13:09

godells wrote:

Thanks ever so much for this - This is my first puppy and loving the fact that we have one. Just such a learning curve but enjoying it. I feel like a little bit of an idiot but whats done is done I suppose. She is a very beautiful pup so I wouldn't change her for the world.

Appreciate your help on this Smile
No worries thats why we are here Smile In an ideal world , people think they will research before buying but often its not the case and then come to places like us for advice when the questions come after ( like your collar post etc Smile )

The important thing is you don't feel stupid as you generally didn't know or appreciate ( like me ) the damage people like this are doing to the breed by overpopulating and hence so many uncared for and ending in rescues.

We really hope you along with many others like myself learn from such things and then next time , if there is a next time , either rescue or only buy from a well researched and established breeder, this will help the breed out for sure.

Anyway enough of my babbling , you have yourself a beautiful girl , enjoy her and stick around for all the help you can ask for Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down