Kell
Mattylee
goldie87
Sazzle
snappy
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Attacked while on the lead.. AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Empty Attacked while on the lead.. AGAIN!!!

Post by snappy Wed Jun 26 2013, 23:18

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

I don't post on here as much as i should but I just need to vent, Buddy who is now 13 months old was attacked by an alsation/akita/mastiff crossbreed this afternoon. he was on the lead and the other dog had no collar or lead, the owners just stood there and watched a prolonged attack before intervening. Buddy held his own, it was very scary & frightening at the time as i thought the dog was going to turn on me but now buddy has a limp in his back leg, I am taking him to the vet at 9am to get checked, he has no puncture wounds or other visual wounds, just a limp back leg:cry:

I have reported it to the police & dog warden. not sure what will happen if anything.

Thanks for reading
snappy
snappy
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buddy
Dog(s) Ages : under 1 yr
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Attacked while on the lead.. AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Attacked while on the lead.. AGAIN!!!

Post by snappy Fri Oct 25 2013, 01:37

Hi All

Buddy has been making good progress uptill today but suffered another attack, again Buddy was on the lead and was attacked by a white staffy that was off the lead, not the first time we have encountered this dog off the lead, he has a puncture wound just under his eye and under his chin & a very slight limp in the same leg he recently had his operations on, back in the vets at 9am.

Dog warden off work until monday but it has been logged, police say that there was no witnesses and it was just a dog fight, nothing they can do or are willing to do but they took the other owners details & when i insisted they do something they threatened to take Buddy away.

I am furious about this and have now realised Buddy has no protection under the law, so i am now breaking the law everytime we go for a walk in the future to protect him from ever experiencing this again. If i get in trouble, so be it.

end of rant
snappy
snappy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Attacked while on the lead.. AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Attacked while on the lead.. AGAIN!!!

Post by Ben Fri Oct 25 2013, 05:19

My goodness! Sorry to hear that you had to go through that again! Hoping Buddy recovers and isn't damaged...
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25 2013, 05:23

snappy wrote:Buddy has been making good progress uptill today but suffered another attack, again Buddy was on the lead and was attacked by a white staffy that was off the lead, not the first time we have encountered this dog off the lead, he has a puncture wound just under his eye and under his chin & a very slight limp in the same leg he recently had his operations on, back in the vets at 9am.
Awww, poor Buddy! I hope he isn't in too much discomfort. Owners like that should be locked up - they really couldn't give a monkey's about anybody else, could they?angry 

snappy wrote:Dog warden off work until monday but it has been logged, police say that there was no witnesses and it was just a dog fight, nothing they can do or are willing to do but they took the other owners details & when i insisted they do something they threatened to take Buddy away.
Unfortunately, the way the law stands, the police can't do anything as no laws have been broken.Sad  Dog v dog isn't covered by the law unless it's a fighting ring.

It's the dog warden that needs to take action & warn the other woner as to the consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steviec Fri Oct 25 2013, 09:20

Caryll wrote:
snappy wrote:Buddy has been making good progress uptill today but suffered another attack, again Buddy was on the lead and was attacked by a white staffy that was off the lead, not the first time we have encountered this dog off the lead, he has a puncture wound just under his eye and under his chin & a very slight limp in the same leg he recently had his operations on, back in the vets at 9am.
Awww, poor Buddy! I hope he isn't in too much discomfort. Owners like that should be locked up - they really couldn't give a monkey's about anybody else, could they?angry 

snappy wrote:Dog warden off work until monday but it has been logged, police say that there was no witnesses and it was just a dog fight, nothing they can do or are willing to do but they took the other owners details & when i insisted they do something they threatened to take Buddy away.
Unfortunately, the way the law stands, the police can't do anything as no laws have been broken.Sad  Dog v dog isn't covered by the law unless it's a fighting ring.

It's the dog warden that needs to take action & warn the other woner as to the consequences.
this too infuriates me, hope buddy is ok.Sad 
i wasn't sure on the law when dogs do fight and who, if anyone, has to pay up, at least i know, thanks caryll. thumbs up 

I'm very careful with Cass & Beau when i walk them and where and when i choose to let them off. at least i know now if a dog comes over and kicks off it's going to get a full on boot in it's mouth or my foot up it's backside.

i'm actually really annoyed sat here thinking about whats happened snappy.
Steviec
Steviec
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Cassius
Dog(s) Ages : Born 24/5/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25 2013, 10:29

Steviec wrote:this too infuriates me, hope buddy is ok.Sad 
i wasn't sure on the law when dogs do fight and who, if anyone, has to pay up, at least i know, thanks caryll. thumbs up 

I suppose you have to rely on somebody being decent enough to pay the vets bills if their dog does some damage!

When the dobe attacked Dempsey & ripped his left ear and head, the insurance company paid out about £750! They were very keen to find out the other owners details as they would have tried to claim the money back from them, but we never saw the man again.Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by snappy Thu Oct 31 2013, 00:29

Thanks for the replies & concern over Buddy.

He is ok actually. A little anxious on walks now & all the progress we made since the last attack has gone out the window but thats to be expected. He has a couple of new scars but the vet was pleased with him, his leg seems ok but he doesnt show pain so its hard to tell with Buddy, he doesnt seem to be having a problem with his leg at the moment. He was on strong painkillers for 3 days. I have another 11 days worth buy dont see the point of giving them to him if he dont need them??

I am going to contact the dogs trust 2moro to inform them of what has happened and ask for them to fund an x-ray to ensure he hasnt done damage to his leg. They have been very very helpful to date by footing the massive bill for his 2 operations, not sure how this new attack is going to go down with them but it wasnt Buddy's fault!!  The only issue I may encounter is that they will insist on having Buddy neutered as my current entitlement to help runs out on 4th november but will continue for another 9momths if he has the snip.

One issue that is causing a problem now....(edit-2 actually)Buddy wants to hump everyone!!! It's got so bad that he will try and hump anyone that stops to talk to us! i am pulling my hair out, he never tries to hump me but everyone else is fairgame, its not funny=-?? 

The other thing is his new crate, he doesnt like it. I mean he will go in there & sleep if i am at home with no problems but the moment a friend comes over or i put him in there to go out, he kicks off! he has almost bent the door out of shape & i often find the crate on the otherside of the room from when i left!

No news from the dog warden but there is only one for the entire city..we haven't encountered this dog again but he does live locally, Ive actually been threatened by the local drug dealer over this as the owner of the staffy is his mate!!
snappy
snappy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2