Betty has mammary cancer - advice needed

+3
gem
janey
Natalief
7 posters

Go down

Betty has mammary cancer - advice needed Empty Betty has mammary cancer - advice needed

Post by Natalief Sat Apr 02 2011, 09:49

Dear All,

I just found out yesterday from the vet that my Betty has mammary cancer - does anyone else have experience of this with their pet? She is just over 3 years old and seems to be in perfect health. I spotted the lumps last Monday and the vet did a needle biospy on Tuesday which shows cancerous cells. She is going in for an op next week but I wanted her to have a few days on the Heath with her friends in case the worse happens. Does anyone know what the success rate is for survival for this as I need to get my head around when I have the operation done.

Many thanks

Natalie
Natalief
Natalief
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bettieblue
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Betty has mammary cancer - advice needed Empty Re: Betty has mammary cancer - advice needed

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 11:06

Sooo sorry to hear your girl Betty is not so well.

I hope everything goes well with the op.

Sorry, i can't offer any advice but I wish you all the best

Back to top Go down

Betty has mammary cancer - advice needed Empty Re: Betty has mammary cancer - advice needed

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 11:13

that is very upsetting for you.... I know what you are going through to an extent. as my Jethro is having an op to cut a lump out his throat that they found cancer cells in...... if all else fails could you google some info? though I am sure some of the folk on here will have some suggestions. hope it all goes okay XX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 13:31

I'm so sorry about Betty's condition! I hope you can find some advice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalief Sat Apr 02 2011, 16:39

Many thanks for all your support - am researching info this weekend. Will keep you updated.
Natalief
Natalief

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bettieblue

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 02 2011, 16:57

As everyone else has said good luck and we're thinking of you, can't help on any advice but wish you both all the best. It must be very sad and tough for you x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02 2011, 17:12

i am so sorry about betty, i have no experience but I hope everything goes well for you

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Apr 03 2011, 00:14

So sorry to hear this and sending my best wishes everything goes okay in her operation.
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03 2011, 00:31

As far as I know this type of cancer is very successfully treated as long as it is caught early & treated promptly.

Good luck, I'm sure everything will be ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03 2011, 01:19

i am so sorry about betty hope all goes well and she is better soon all our thoughts are with you

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Mon Apr 04 2011, 16:48

Our collie had this, unfortunately she is no longer with us. She did have a masectomy and had the lump removed but unfortunately also developed severe diabetes and went blind. I think the sooner the lump is removed the better, and as you havn't mentioned any other symptoms such as weight loss or lethargy hopefully you have caught it early enough.

Im sure she will be fine she is fit and well (our collie was 10years +)
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyq505 Mon Apr 04 2011, 17:42

good luck with your Betty and we hope everything will work out for the best! keep us posted.
suzyq505
suzyq505
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Emma, Fritz, Tulip, Bean
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male, Female, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulabrown123 Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:28

hi, so sorry to hear about your betty,
I compleatly understand what u r going through as unfortunatly my little girl Roxy has mammary cancer too, she has had two seperate ops now 1st was to take lumps out and test them, results were bad Sad so she had second op last week to spay her and do a mammery strip on one side. Also they discovered she had a pyometra too, poor baby. Once she has recovered this op, in a couple of months they want to do a 3rd op to do mammery strip on the other side to be on the safe side.
Was wanting to know how betty is doing and what treatment she has had so far, what advise have u had? This whole exsperence has been heart breaking to us, she has been such a little fighter we r just praying it doesnt come back, she is our baby and is only 6 & 1/2!
Paulabrown123
Paulabrown123

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 6 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : FEMALE

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverhaven Bella Thu Nov 22 2012, 00:15

Big Hugs to Betty and You Natalie, hoping everything goes well with the operation >Big Grin<
Riverhaven Bella
Riverhaven Bella
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : 14 months
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down