NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME

4 posters

Go down

NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME Empty NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME

Post by moy24 Thu Mar 31 2011, 10:28

Hi im new here i rescued a 18 month old staffy called shadow from a dogs home had him for 6 days now hes has setteld in very well he plays and goes out with us and but problem is he wont eat his kibbel he use eat kibbel at the dogs home i tried 3 differnt dog food including the one he use to eat when i mix his food with something he just eats around the kibbel can anyone give any advice please.[img]NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME SP_A0708[/img]
moy24
moy24
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : SHADOW
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME Empty Re: NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31 2011, 10:38

Hi & welcome to the forum!

Firstly, well done for giving a rescue dog a loving & forever home.

Secondly, don't worry about it! It's one of two things, probably;
1. He's still a little nervous and settling in with you, so he may be a bit picky with his food.
2. He doesn't like it!

If he has eaten the same kibble before then I'd say he's settling in & will go back to it when he's ready.

If he really doesn't like it then I'd just try him with something else, to be honest. Either another brand of dry food, a raw diet or a mixture of both.

Is he bright eyed, lively & drinking well? If he is, then you just need some adjustments as above.

He looks a gorgeous boy, by the way!

Back to top Go down

NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME Empty Re: NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME

Post by moy24 Thu Mar 31 2011, 10:41

Caryll wrote:Hi & welcome to the forum!

Firstly, well done for giving a rescue dog a loving & forever home.

Secondly, don't worry about it! It's one of two things, probably;
1. He's still a little nervous and settling in with you, so he may be a bit picky with his food.
2. He doesn't like it!

If he has eaten the same kibble before then I'd say he's settling in & will go back to it when he's ready.

If he really doesn't like it then I'd just try him with something else, to be honest. Either another brand of dry food, a raw diet or a mixture of both.

Is he bright eyed, lively & drinking well? If he is, then you just need some adjustments as above.

He looks a gorgeous boy, by the way!
thanks for ur comment he is fine he's drinking, playing and getting in my way lol his happy from what i can see but he does sleep more the he should he been through a tuff time his previous owner commited suiced just befor xmas and shadow was with the dead body for 3-4 days without water or food Sad Sad
moy24
moy24

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31 2011, 10:46

Oh, poor, poor boy!

I wouldn't worry about the sleeping - in my experience staffs do a lot of that! If they're not doing something then they're asleep! No energy wasting!

Have a look around for a different kibble that has good ingredients (you can get a few ideas from this thread.... https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t598-dry-food-recommendations?highlight=dry+food) and just get a small bag to start with.

You could also try raw feeding (this may help..... https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t2170-looking-into-barf?highlight=barf). It isn't for everyone or every dog, but it's a good way to feed if you're prepared to put the time & effort into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by moy24 Thu Mar 31 2011, 10:52

Caryll wrote:Oh, poor, poor boy!

I wouldn't worry about the sleeping - in my experience staffs do a lot of that! If they're not doing something then they're asleep! No energy wasting!

Have a look around for a different kibble that has good ingredients (you can get a few ideas from this thread.... https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t598-dry-food-recommendations?highlight=dry+food) and just get a small bag to start with.

You could also try raw feeding (this may help..... https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t2170-looking-into-barf?highlight=barf). It isn't for everyone or every dog, but it's a good way to feed if you're prepared to put the time & effort into it.
thanks il have a look gona go out 2mora and buy something differnt see how it goes
moy24
moy24

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31 2011, 10:53

Good luck! Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

It's still early days, remember, and although he appears settled he'll still be a bit uncertain at times. He sounds a great dog, though!

Back to top Go down

NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME Empty shadow

Post by moy24 Thu Mar 31 2011, 10:59

Caryll wrote:Good luck! Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

It's still early days, remember, and although he appears settled he'll still be a bit uncertain at times. He sounds a great dog, though!
i will keep everyone updated hers more picNEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME SP_A0716NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME SP_A0715NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME SP_A0706
moy24
moy24

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31 2011, 11:01

Oh, how sweet is he? Gorgeous!

Back to top Go down

NEED ADVICE PLZ JUST RESCUED SHADOW FROM DOG HOME Empty Shadow

Post by moy24 Thu Mar 31 2011, 11:10

Caryll wrote:Oh, how sweet is he? Gorgeous!
he will get bit bigger when he starts eating as he is abit under weight at the moment
moy24
moy24

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31 2011, 11:11

It'll come, he just needs to settle in & get you trained properly! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by moy24 Thu Mar 31 2011, 11:15

Caryll wrote:It'll come, he just needs to settle in & get you trained properly! Laughing
i hope so anyway better take him for his walk thanks for ur advice
moy24
moy24

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Thu Mar 31 2011, 13:14

Aww hes a lovely looking dog I hope you manage to find a food that he likes.
Tys mummy
Tys mummy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31 2011, 13:28

hello and welcome - what a lovely dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31 2011, 15:48

Try mixing in a raw egg or sardines x

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Mar 31 2011, 15:59

Hiya and welcome, stunning pup, nice one on rehoming Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31 2011, 16:50

Arr he's stunning
Nice one on giving another staffy a forever home
Welcome to the form thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Thu Mar 31 2011, 18:49

Hi and welcome, he's a little stunner.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01 2011, 01:17

He looks beautiful.

Well done on giving him a new home. Poor baby's been thru a bit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down