Grr people who dont pick up!

+2
Sazzle
janey
6 posters

Go down

Grr people who dont pick up! Empty Grr people who dont pick up!

Post by Guest Sun May 19 2013, 20:23

Just dragged me fat carcass to the shop for 2 of those wee bottles of wine and I was horrified at the amount of poop on the pavement. Just pick it up Big Grin However I have vino >Smile >Smile >Smile

Back to top Go down

Grr people who dont pick up! Empty Re: Grr people who dont pick up!

Post by janey Sun May 19 2013, 20:29

I am pleased you have vino, and totally agree on the poop, huge bug bear to me! Angers me actually angry
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19 2013, 20:30

Ooh I know claire it bloody annoys me aswell! we have to do hopscotch round our pavements! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19 2013, 20:34

Grrrr it's so irritating, it's not difficult to do is it waiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19 2013, 20:36

It doesn't take a lot of effort does it. I think some people (including my son, although he's getting better at it) are squeamish about it, and it's mostly men I'm afraid; look how many dads won't change a pooey nappy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19 2013, 20:39

It's very frustrating, that and broken glass...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun May 19 2013, 21:31

God I hate it, so annoying angry
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun May 19 2013, 23:04

i never go anywhere without a lavender scented poop bag lol... if i see it on the floor i get embarresed for being a dog owner. how can they be so lazy not to pick it up??? it gives us all a bad name and yes i have fallen into it too so i can empathise with none dog owners sick
id love to find out who they were and dump a whole load of it into there door step...second only to poobag trees.. who are these people???
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20 2013, 09:54

Theres a lovely place we walk everyday, fields and forest'y bits and nice secret pathways...then theres the dog poop that spoils it. Even worse theres people now fly tipping there, and i heard a bunch of kids messing about the other day only to turn the corner and see then smashing glass bottles on the pathways right where i was heading, i turned and walked back the way i came.

angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon May 20 2013, 12:23

Don't get me started on this subject of people who don't pick up poop. I now have to go to another park to avoid it, it was just getting to me so much. At least where we walk now it isn't quite as bad but it seems to be getting worse.

I always pick up after Rocky and always have cleared it up when I had a dog as a kid even, why dont people learn to do this at a younger age.

it wasnt me I know I will some stick for this but it seems to me that it's men that usually leave it behind, I have seen them do it but of course they take no notice of me telling them off about it.

I did say don't get me started on this I dont want to s Crying or Very sad
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20 2013, 15:09

I've never caught anyone in the act Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20 2013, 17:26

Agree people should pick up. I do 100% of the time, but I can see why some people don't. The canals which are a prime stop for dog walking don't have 1 bin on them. Sometimes I walk down the canal for 3 hours and not walk past 1 bin. So when Blue goes at the beginning I have to carry it in the sun for 3 hours and put it in my own bin when I get home. People should pick up! but it wouldn't hurt providing bins to encouage people

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Mon May 20 2013, 21:49

Mike wrote:
Sometimes I walk down the canal for 3 hours and not walk past 1 bin. So when Blue goes at the beginning I have to carry it in the sun for 3 hours and put it in my own bin when I get home. People should pick up! but it wouldn't hurt providing bins to encouage people

Same along our local canal although ironically there are 'no such thing as the poo fairy posters' you would think that they would have bins at each mooring point!

I have definitely become more hacked off at treading in poo than I was before I got a dog, it is better in places in the park behind my house although there is a rumour that the wardens have issued a few fines recently (after spraying all the piles orange last year) and the bins are always full so maybe people are getting more responsible
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon May 20 2013, 22:03

Kathy wrote:

it wasnt me I know I will some stick for this but it seems to me that it's men that usually leave it behind, I have seen them do it but of course they take no notice of me telling them off about it.

I did say don't get me started on this I dont want to s Crying or Very sad

No stick from me as i def agree with that, it is mostley blokes that leave the poop behind that i see also.

as for the canal, check if its a stick and flick area. some places just require you to flick it off a path into the undergrowth or river/canal. the grand union here is a stick and flick as is ashridge but people still bag it and hang it from trees as there are no bins.... so so nice a pooh that will be gone in the undergrowth after a few days or one that will sit swinging in the wind in a bag for a few months on a tree branch... public parks are always bag it and bin it yet i was bining a healthy nice warm dog log and ffs there was a poop right next to the bin.. how lazy is that?
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20 2013, 23:38

Never heard of stick and flick. If it is a stick and flick area people are useless with sticks in Blackburn

The wife put one in the tree Laughing She picked up Blue's number 2 and forgot she has the bag still in her hand and threw the stick for catch only to throw bag which ended up stuck in the tree. Was in the tree for over a week then one day it was gone. No idea where that is probably getting sent off for investigation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs McFisher Tue May 21 2013, 14:18

Where i live this is a huge problem, and there are lots of bins about too. Sadly the type of people that own dogs near me dont go very far from their homes, so even if there werent any bins, they dont have to go far before they can put the poo in their own bins.

I remember Kirsty Allsop and another guy on twitter and other sources, saying that people should pick up other peoples, and they got quite a lot of stick for it, people saying 'why should we clean other peoples mess' etc. I agree with this especially in parks and other nice dog walking areas, as it could spoil if for the rest of us if dogs get banned from even more areas because of the poo.

I recently put a post on here saying how a field near me had been gated and locked, but before this, if there was poo on there i would pick it up, as i didnt want it to be spolit for us going on there - turns out it didnt help after a while because they have locked the gate to it.
Mrs McFisher
Mrs McFisher
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Grr people who dont pick up! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louby
Dog(s) Ages : 6th May 2012
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21 2013, 14:30

I saw a man yesterday walking ahead of his dog (that was off its lead), the dog was doing its business so I called the man back and asked him to pick it up and told him that 'its people like you that ruin it for the rest of us 'cos you dont keep an eye on you dog'. then he proceded to look in the grass and pretended he couldnt see it and walked on. There was a bin right next to it for gods sake! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs McFisher Tue May 21 2013, 14:39

The thing is, i have never seen anyone get done from the council for not picking it up, even thought there are signs up saying you could be fined. The council near us would make huge amounts of money near me, easily enough to cover someones salary and a lot more besides.
Mrs McFisher
Mrs McFisher
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Grr people who dont pick up! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louby
Dog(s) Ages : 6th May 2012
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down