Fight

3 posters

Go down

Fight Empty Fight

Post by Ticklymac Fri May 17 2013, 19:23

Was out on our morning walk this morning an I got their safe stick out for them to have a play as usual. Leroy was chasing Diesel about as usual, but then she either dropped it or Leroy got it and they started fightin!
This is the first time they'v had a proper fight, they've had a couple of wee tiffs before but usually Diesel gives him an warn in "back off its mine grow" an he does, but this morning he didnt an they proper went at it! Luckily we managed to stop it, with less damage that I orgininally thought.
I know dogs will b dogs an will have squabbles but I thought boys didn't tend to go for bitches and usually backed down? Or is this a common misconception?
It was so horrible, I felt sick specially when I thought he'd cut Diesel's face - turns out shed actually nipped his lip an it was just thick blood/spit on her face.
Should I b worried? Or is this normal?
Ticklymac
Ticklymac
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Fight Empty Re: Fight

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 19:29

I wouldn't worry too much, although I'd be careful of them playing with anything for a while.

Maybe, if you want them to chase their safe stick, you should do it one at a time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Fri May 17 2013, 19:39

I don't know if this makes a difference but the Alsation at the back of where e take them was barkin as usual an Leroy went up to the wall an think they had a bit of a growl at each other so don't know if he was still wound up from that? Coz when I shouted him back he went straight to chasing Diesel?
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 19:41

Could well have been.

Just watch them a bit more closely for a while just so that you can be ready to diffuse any situation that might start to build up. It might just have been a one-off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Fri May 17 2013, 19:50

Well just just now Diesel ran off with a toy, an started growling with it an Leroy stood an barked at her a few times til I shouted him over an he just came an sat up on the couch next to me.......
I gave lots of praise for leaving her, Dutchess Diesel is just a spoilt selfish madam me thinks! Lol
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 19:52

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri May 17 2013, 19:58

I wouldn't worry too much, Daisy's had a few spats with my mum and sisters dogs, when they get into their play it can happen Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Fri May 17 2013, 19:58

Omg gotta be something with Diesels !!
My girl Diesel is very dominant over my male Tank.

They tiff about most things. Only once or twice Tank has tried to put her in her place - but failed.

I heard its better for the female to be dominant - Diesel is older than Tank so it could just be coincidence. Tank has always been super submissive and casual since day one.

As Caryl said, keep an eye out - with toys etc I tend to buy 2 of everything - to help avoid any tensions. !
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Fri May 17 2013, 20:15

They have got 2x stag bar 2x Kong 2x nylabone 2xboomer ball but they always want what the other has! Worse than kids!
Yeh Diesel is usually the boss an Leroy just goes "aye OK" cause his a rescue don't know exact age but under 2yrs old an she's 19months so don't think its an age thing with her dominance she's just a Dutchess lol
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 20:23

They probably both wanted the toy Laughing they get into serious fights over stupid things, and then later they're best friends again. Mad. I'd not worry too much, just try to look out to see if one is getting annoyed, but sometimes it happens as quick as lightning and we can't spot it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 20:59

Tilly and Tommy have a few spats , they can't ever be avoided 100% you just have to know the triggers. Mostly for us it would be stick possession

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 18:42

I think i've been lucky in that the boys have never had a tiff but dogs will go for bitches, just as bitches will go for dogs it's goes on their personality whether they will back down not gender.

I'd just keep an eye on playing, or not allow it for a while and perhaps have a couple of safe sticks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down