Flirt pole fun!

Go down

Flirt pole fun! Empty Flirt pole fun!

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:04

So yesterday I took Ebs hand made flirt pole up the field with me and she really started to get into it, it's the first time I've been able to use it properly since it wacks all the trees in the garden Laughing she really got into playing with it though but I stopped after a little while since I didn't want to over do her. Today I took her up there with it and she was literally crying to play with it Laughing she was so excited! I think it's her new favorite thing to do Big Grin her flirt pole isn't the prettiest mind Laughing I found a HUUUGE stick from the woods and carried it back home after a walk we had through the woods and I cut all the bits off and completely covered it in this industrial black duck tape stuff so she couldn't scratch herself on it or if it snapped it wouldn't fling anywhere, and I tied along piece of some super strong string/ropey stuff on the end with one of her shredded rope toys she has out of her destroyed box; looks a mess but does the trick! I didn't want to spend any money buying things and didnt have any pipes or anything to use but now I know she likes it I'm deffo going to invest in buying her one Big Grin I strongly suggest people check it out if you haven't already, it's great Big Grin here's a few pictures, it was SO hard to get them of her moving cause she goes super quick and crazy Laughing I'll get a video next time if i can get someone to come up with me again Big Grin... Please feel free to share your flirt pole pictures, and how you've made yours or where you got it from and if your dogs like it or not Big Grin

Flirt pole fun! Image_zps0c15e3ba
Flirt pole fun! Image_zpsd1920506
Flirt pole fun! Image_zpsd664cd03
Flirt pole fun! Image_zps333a6a8e
Flirt pole fun! Image_zpscf570a1a

Back to top Go down

Flirt pole fun! Empty Re: Flirt pole fun!

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:06

Wonderful photography skills Tongues. Nah I'm just kidding Laughing glad she enjoys it so much, I'll have to make one for Loki some time Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:08

Tara wrote:Wonderful photography skills Tongues. Nah I'm just kidding Laughing glad she enjoys it so much, I'll have to make one for Loki some time Big Grin

Laughing Tara you big meanie, we can't all have amazing skills at taking photos! Wink Big Grin you should deffo make one, I'd post a picture of Ebonys but I'm too embarrassed Laughing it's a vile looking thing Laughing definitely make one for him though! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:09

Best thing ever. Do it often but for small periods of time.

Don't buy one, then cost a fortune and you won't get one in the UK. Anyone can make them, all it really is, is threading a rope and tying a knot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:12

MatLogan wrote:Best thing ever. Do it often but for small periods of time.

Don't buy one, then cost a fortune and you won't get one in the UK. Anyone can make them, all it really is, is threading a rope and tying a knot.

Yeah I don't do it too long Mat, I read all about it before I did it properly Smile hmm, I found one on ZooPlus which looks good though! I might make her one, depends how I feel Laughing seems easier to order her boomer ball and a flirt pole together though Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Sat May 11 2013, 23:12

I really need to get the finger out and make the pooches one of these Blushing got my railway sleeper delivered to make them a springpole, just need the time to put it in the ground now Laughing

Doesn't need to be the prettiest looking thing since there's a good chance it'll break anyway lol! Looks like she's enjoying herself Big Grin
StuW
StuW
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Sat May 11 2013, 23:13

MatLogan wrote:Best thing ever. Do it often but for small periods of time.

ZooPlus sell them! Agree it would be easier to make your own though Laughing
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:15

I made mine for nothing from scraps in the garage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:16

Looks like she loved it Cody, definitely a video next time please Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Sat May 11 2013, 23:17

I have to admit I've looked and have nothing to make one with, but can buy the materials to make one for less than a fiver! Whereas zoo plus are charging £20 iirc!
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:20

StuW wrote:I really need to get the finger out and make the pooches one of these Blushing got my railway sleeper delivered to make them a springpole, just need the time to put it in the ground now Laughing

Doesn't need to be the prettiest looking thing since there's a good chance it'll break anyway lol! Looks like she's enjoying herself Big Grin

Oh nice one Stuart! I've been looking at those too! How're you planning on making yours? I've seen some on YouTube where they use a boxing bag frame, looks pretty sturdy! Oh yeah, it probably will break soon, especially with my craft skills Laughing she did have a lot of fun though, make sure you post some pictures when you make yours Big Grin

MatLogan wrote:I made mine for nothing from scraps in the garage.
StuW wrote:I have to admit I've looked and have nothing to make one with, but can buy the materials to make one for less than a fiver! Whereas zoo plus are charging £20 iirc!
The one I made will do for now, I'm gonna end up buying everything for it so I may aswell buy it ready made; plus I get a big discount cause my sister has all these vouchers for it that she's giving me that she got for her animals Big Grin

And yes she really loved it Hayley! Smile

Last edited by CodlingKid on Sat May 11 2013, 23:22; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:21

It makes them very agile and strong tbh. Logan was always a very strong dog, but is a lot more so since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:27

How does it make them strong, they jump for it and run around? To be honest, I can see Loki just pulling it off and playing tug-of-war and ignoring me Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Sat May 11 2013, 23:27

CodlingKid wrote:Oh nice one Stuart! I've been looking at those too! How're you planning on making yours? I've seen some on YouTube where they use a boxing bag frame, looks pretty sturdy! Oh yeah, it probably will break soon, especially with my craft skills Laughing she did have a lot of fun though, make sure you post some pictures when you make yours Big Grin

Exactly the way I'm planning to make it lol! I got an 8ft railway sleeper which I'm going to cement into the ground out the back door and get a heavy duty punchbag bracket then just a spring/bungee rope with a rope chew on the end :d! I'm pretty awful at DIY aswell its cool Blushing Laughing
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Sat May 11 2013, 23:29

Tara wrote:How does it make them strong, they jump for it and run around? To be honest, I can see Loki just pulling it off and playing tug-of-war and ignoring me Laughing

There not meant to pull on it, it's a chase thing! Let them catch it every now and then though to keep them interested!
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:30

Tara wrote:How does it make them strong, they jump for it and run around? To be honest, I can see Loki just pulling it off and playing tug-of-war and ignoring me Laughing

Not sure how it makes them strong, but it deffo tires them out. you have to make them "leave it" before they rip it apart basically Laughing you're supposed to reward them with letting them chew it and tugg it but it wouldn't last two seconds with eb so I just make a bit fuss of her when she drops it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:31

Changing direction etc, and the quick pace.

It's best to make it that they can't catch it for a while (30-60 seconds) then let em grab it. Then make them drop and wait for the game to start again.

It's an obedience tool more than anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:33

That's what I mean. As soon as Loki does catch it, he'll kill it Laughing. I'm working on his drop it a bit more first, it seems to have slipped the past few days. He's perfect at waiting until he's told though, so shouldn't be too hard. Either way, I won't be buying it...not spending all that money on something so easy to break Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:33

StuW wrote: Exactly the way I'm planning to make it lol! I got an 8ft railway sleeper which I'm going to cement into the ground out the back door and get a heavy duty punchbag bracket then just a spring/bungee rope with a rope chew on the end :d! I'm pretty awful at DIY aswell its cool Blushing Laughing

Well I'm definitely going to need picture evidence! That sounds great Big Grin great minds think alike too, eh Wink definitely the best way I've seen it being made! Glad I'm not the only whose awful Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 23:35

Tara wrote:That's what I mean. As soon as Loki does catch it, he'll kill it Laughing. I'm working on his drop it a bit more first, it seems to have slipped the past few days. He's perfect at waiting until he's told though, so shouldn't be too hard. Either way, I won't be buying it...not spending all that money on something so easy to break Laughing

Sticks, strings, old toys and heavy duty tape is the way forward Wink thumbs up Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down