Ribs or no ribs?

+2
Mrs McFisher
Annie and Maxi
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ribs or no ribs? - Page 2 Empty Ribs or no ribs?

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 11:35

First topic message reminder :

Hi all, I'm just writing a post about weight/condition. I personally don't think my girl is fat, she's pretty lean if I'm honest but she's not super muscley cause she's still pretty gangly (which I don't mind at all, I couldn't care less if she's muscley or not Big Grin ). Anyway I was walking her yesterday after coming back from the field and a man was talking to me who owned staffs too and he said she's in nice condition but it would be better to see her ribs more to show more definition and get her extra weight off her. I'm all up for opinions and stuff but what do you guys think? Looking at body charts it does say the ribs should show, but she's quite a funny shape! She has a pretty broad rib cage and tiny waste so she looks funny if she has too much food or too little food; she has a hour glass figure though and she does have a very bold abdominal tuck, I don't think she's fat but you can't see her ribs but you can feel them. I'm happy with how she is if I'm honest but how do you guys like your dogs? Ribs showing or not and what do you think is "perfect" body condition? Smile

Last edited by CodlingKid on Thu May 09 2013, 12:01; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Ribs or no ribs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ribs or no ribs?

Post by Guest Fri May 10 2013, 22:06

I think there is a nice medium. Too fat is not nice but i think tis better to see the ribs if they are really muscular, but if they are just gangly and you can see them then they just look too skinny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 00:07

Yeah deffo agree with the gangly thing! I wouldn't feel comfortable if my girl got any skinnier due to her ganglyness Laughing she'd look like a spider! There is deffo a nice medium though, I think that's the best thing to go for if you can't condition your dog as much as you'd like, yet still want them to look great Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 00:53

It wouldn't matter what body Eb had though, look at her face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 10:47

Aww Hayley, thank you! You're making Eb blush Laughing that's very kind of you to say Big Grin I'm very happy with how she is though Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2