Bad Tooth?

Go down

Bad Tooth? Empty Bad Tooth?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 15:16

When Loki yawned I noticed he had a dot of black on his tooth, so after 20 minutes of persuasion, finally inspected his tooth enough to see that there were two black dots on one of his upper teeth, and one on the one directly below it. I don't get how his teeth could be so bad, especially so soon. He doesn't get human, sugary food, he has dry food, he chews on his StagBar often. I brush his teeth too, but he wriggles about so much I doubt it helps at all. I feel really terrible now Sad how can two of his teeth have gotten so bad when he's so young? It's not like I've been feeding him syrup. I feel very guilty Sad going to make an appointment with the vet's anyway.

Back to top Go down

Bad Tooth? Empty Re: Bad Tooth?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 15:21

It could be dirt stuck to the tooth that's worked it's way into a groove, maybe. But a vet is probably best! Let us know how it goes!

>Big Grin< Don't feel guilty about it Tara. Sometimes these things just happen, despite the care given to the dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 06 2013, 15:34

You may be worrying for nothing, wait to see what the vet says, it may not be as bad as you think it looks.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 15:58

That is unbelievable Tara! I noticed the exact same thing this morning on Logan's. A little tiny dot.

Give it a good scrub and see, then check again tomorrow. I remember worrying before and the next day it was gone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 16:47

Thanks everyone. Sorry if I'm being an idiot and overreacting. I just remember Zac never had any problems with his teeth really and we didn't brush his teeth, so got a bit worried and felt guilty thinking that Loki's tooth were going bad so soon. Thanks Smile I'm currently teaching him to open his mouth on command, maybe that'll help me brush his teeth more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 16:49

Def not being an idiot. I think it's a lot easier to deal with when it's in it's early stages. I know If I still see a mark on Logan's I'll take him to the vets this week. Not sure what they do about it though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 17:25

Tara wrote:Thanks everyone. Sorry if I'm being an idiot and overreacting. I just remember Zac never had any problems with his teeth really and we didn't brush his teeth, so got a bit worried and felt guilty thinking that Loki's tooth were going bad so soon. Thanks Smile I'm currently teaching him to open his mouth on command, maybe that'll help me brush his teeth more.

You're not being an idiot Smile You've not overreacted either. You've just reacted. I wish more people would react properly when they notice sometihng different about their dog! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:27

Thanks Big Grin (tried) to give them a good brush and one of the marks is gone, but the other is still there, so maybe just something stuck on it afterall, but worth keeping an eye on. Feel a bit silly now, but it's better to worry too much than too little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:29

thumbs up Being careful is a big part of dog ownership!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:40

What way do vets treat a black mark on a tooth. I was looking online there and everything just says how to prevent them rather than what is actually done?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 19:29

MatLogan wrote:What way do vets treat a black mark on a tooth. I was looking online there and everything just says how to prevent them rather than what is actually done?

I read that if it's a cavity they tend to take the tooth out rather than do a filling, but not sure really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 19:30

Jeez, I'd hate that. The one on Logan's tooth is very tiny. I'll have to have a good look and poke around later and make sure.

Best being careful though as you said!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 08:02

I think its Always Best to be safe than sorry & your a good mummy so your just looking out for him, hopefully it's just a bit of something stuck and nothing to worry about. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:27

Good news, just looked at his teeth again and the black dot's completely gone Big Grin must have just had something stuck there. Well done to me for worrying Laughing but least there's no harm done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 18:46

Smile Glad he's okay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 19:16

Great Tara Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 23:33

Great news Big Grin