Soooooo looking forward to final Puppy vaccination

4 posters

Go down

Soooooo looking forward to final Puppy vaccination Empty Soooooo looking forward to final Puppy vaccination

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11 2011, 13:28

Oh, i'm sooooo looking forward to Roxys final puppy vaccination shot. She's just had her 12 wk shot, so we've got another 4 weeks to wait Sad

Can't wait to take her out walking so she can sniff and explore, meet new people, meet new dogs and generally get out and about.
The only outings she has at the moment are to Puppy school ( which she LOVES ) and a drive in the car to collect the children from school.
I am hoping that once she has a few outings we can establish a nice routine and she MAY settle down a bit. praying

Anybody else feel the same way with their pup too ?

Back to top Go down

Soooooo looking forward to final Puppy vaccination Empty Re: Soooooo looking forward to final Puppy vaccination

Post by janey Fri Mar 11 2011, 13:38

Its infuriating when they can't get out to exersize! Not long now though! Big Grin
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Soooooo looking forward to final Puppy vaccination Empty Re: Soooooo looking forward to final Puppy vaccination

Post by debbiewaterhouse Fri Mar 11 2011, 13:55

She may settle down a bit?...if Hollie's anything to go by, not a chance, she's a real live-wire Laughing
Roxy's gonna love her walks i'm sure, 4 weeks to go... Smile
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11 2011, 14:11

Anybody else feel the same way with their pup too ?.

yes we were so glad when the time came, but then he would not go on the lead, so that took another week to sort out, just kept sitting down and refusing to move.

so my advise would be, put her on the lead now in the house and practice, so it will be a doddle when it somes to the real thing, good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Mar 11 2011, 14:38

Bet you cant wait, Hollie will love meeting allt hose new dogs and people!

Just out of interest how many vaccines do your puppies have over in Aus? I have always done the first one at 8weeks then the last one two weeks later then wait two weeks and walkies.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11 2011, 15:19

I was wondering the same thing as nosipho
we get our pups first at 7weeks then as 9 and they can go out a week/ten days later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12 2011, 01:25

In Australia Pups have the first vaccine at 6-8wks, then again at 12-14wks and the final shot at 16-18wks.

Roxy is great on the lead already....no problems there. First time at Puppy school she did'nt like it, but when she realised that she got to do fun stuff she soon came round. My eldest daughter (14yrs) quite often puts the lead on her while at home to train her and I always put the lead on when taking her to the car to pick the kids up from school (even though the car is in the garage) It all helps her get used to it.. She goes nuts when she hears the "click" of the buckle <:-P

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12 2011, 06:47

Wow, you have to wait a long time to get your pups out on the first walk! I don't think Dempsey could have been kept in that long, he was hyper enough at 10 weeks!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12 2011, 07:56

Caryll wrote:Wow, you have to wait a long time to get your pups out on the first walk! I don't think Dempsey could have been kept in that long, he was hyper enough at 10 weeks!!!

Yep, that's why i'm sooooooo looking forward to it. It IS a long time....and Roxy IS going hyper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12 2011, 09:19

good luck won't be long now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12 2011, 12:06

bet you cannot wait we were the same with Milly and to make matters worse she was younger than we thought so when we got her papers had to wait a week longer for her 10 week jab at wits end but once we could take her out it was ace

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Sat Mar 12 2011, 13:15

lynne wrote:Anybody else feel the same way with their pup too ?.

yes we were so glad when the time came, but then he would not go on the lead, so that took another week to sort out, just kept sitting down and refusing to move.

so my advise would be, put her on the lead now in the house and practice, so it will be a doddle when it somes to the real thing, good luck

lol i remember jake doing that, as soon as the lead went on so the the 2 front brake paws lol, eventually grew out of it after lots of tempting treats and meeting new dogs, was really funny at the time though. GL with Roxy and her new walks, she'll love it xx
sooz225
sooz225
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Soooooo looking forward to final Puppy vaccination Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down