soooooo tempted

Go down

soooooo tempted Empty soooooo tempted

Post by mikecoupe Mon Aug 29 2011, 16:29

just been to see my mate that got Alfie from, his mother has just had 5 stunning pups. 3 girls 2 boys, they are gorgeous, one of the lil girls is an absolute spit of Alfie. so they have said they are going to keep her because they made a mistake not having alf to keep lol, they were only born on Thursday and are so cute, my mate is having to lie down with the smallest pup because he is the runt he's having trouble suckling hold him in his palm and help him clamp on and stay there untill he is full. bless. i am so tempted to have one for company for Alfie but would hate the thought of him not getting the attention or feeling left out in any way,
mikecoupe
mikecoupe
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : alfie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

soooooo tempted Empty Re: soooooo tempted

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 16:36

Awwwww, if it were me id get another.

We have 2, the boys get equal amounts of affection and love each others company.

Michelle x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 17:00

My older girl (14yrs now) grew up with another dog (Bull Mastiff older than her by a few months) until she was 3yrs old. She then had to learn how to live by herself and although she had many holiday visits from a Ridgeback 5yrs older than her, I know she was so lonely at times (just ask the neighbours).
From the age of 6 till 13 she lived with a Jack Russell 5yrs younger than her (it broke her heart last year when he was gone), which is why we have such a huge age difference between our girls.
Alfie wont miss out on the attention if you get another dog as you will make sure he doesn't. Another question before you make the big decision is.. Will Alfie cope if he ever has to go back to being a one dog family should your circumstances change?
Make sure you look at it from all angles Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikecoupe Mon Aug 29 2011, 17:50

he always playing with other dogs either out on a walk or with my dads Lhasa apso, or the staff and English bull from next door, he's got a 9 month old border collie as a new friend and seems to miss them when he is in the house on his own, that's the only reason I'm contemplating it, I do know what you mean though, my dads bichon feise, pinned something stupid when our yorkie got poisoned and died of an aneurism, which is why we ended up with a rescue westie of the same age, well I say rescue, we saw her advertised in the paper as an ex breeding dog met the "woman" in a services and the poor girl was in a box in the boot yellow with urine and covered in dirty sawdust, after having 2 Caesareans because she was too small to breed, so I like to think she was a rescue, sorry to rant but it still winds me up to this day, so yes I do realise what you mean if he could cope going back to being on his own,
mikecoupe
mikecoupe

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : alfie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content