+3
scott
haddy
bonnieboy
7 posters

Go down

No 1s or 2s on walks Empty No 1s or 2s on walks

Post by bonnieboy Tue Feb 01 2011, 05:21

Bonnies done pretty well on the house training and has learnt to use an area at the back of the house, we keep her in the laundry room and she can get straight out to this area from there. Brilliant you say, but now we are taking her out on the leash for walks and even off leash on the beach, she just wont go!? We end up bringing her back then have to take her out the back where she goes straight away, its like shes dying to get home and go to the toilet Laughing .
Just worried we are reenforcing this by taking her out the back everytime we get home, but we couldnt give her run of the house for her to have an inevitable accident.

Anyone have any advice?
bonnieboy
bonnieboy
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Bonnie
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

No 1s or 2s on walks Empty Re: No 1s or 2s on walks

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01 2011, 10:47

You may need to just stay out till she really can't hold it anymore. Then, no matter how little she does, loads of praise & perhaps a treat. It's not an uncommon problem; Dempsey's best friend Pneuma (2 year old GSD) has never relieved herself outside the garden, apart from the short while I looked after her & I stayed out the first couple of mornings for nearly 3 hours! After that she was ok with me, but since she went hom, she's back to going just in the garden.

Back to top Go down

Post by haddy Tue Feb 01 2011, 11:30

As said above, staying out till they really need to go. Also do you walk the dog at the same time, because going out that little bit later might help that problem.

Also, if you had the chance to walk your dog with an other dog that does poop outside on walks, they do start to get the idea. Thats whats slowly working with mouse.
haddy
haddy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mouse
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by bonnieboy Tue Feb 01 2011, 11:36

Will try it next time I have a few spare hours.Rolling Eyes Thing is shes not up to a 3 hour walk at her age but we have a small park opposite our house, Ill just have to sit there with her untill she does the do. Let u know how i get on.
bonnieboy
bonnieboy

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01 2011, 11:42

bonnieboy wrote:Will try it next time I have a few spare hours.Rolling Eyes Thing is shes not up to a 3 hour walk at her age but we have a small park opposite our house, Ill just have to sit there with her untill she does the do. Let u know how i get on.

You'll get SO bored, but hopefully it'll help her to catch on a bit!!

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Tue Feb 01 2011, 19:30

wot about feeding her at a difrent time like a hr before you take her out for her last walk.. or even do short walks like 15 mins every hr or some thing like that.. might help

with my female if she dont have grass under her feet she will not go wee,so i have to walk all the grass areas when i go walking...

maybe try getting her out the house at the time she is going toliet and reinforce the goodness for doing it...

you just have to stick with it...
scott
scott
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Wed Feb 02 2011, 08:13

bonnieboy wrote:Will try it next time I have a few spare hours.Rolling Eyes Thing is shes not up to a 3 hour walk at her age but we have a small park opposite our house, Ill just have to sit there with her untill she does the do. Let u know how i get on.

good luck! lolas only just got housetrained but now shes going every time we on a walk (usualy on the garden of the lady who brings her a treat out every day we walk past lol)but before then i couldnt even get her in the garden she wold run out sniff about then run strait back in or cower by the door and do summat.

lots of praise when she does it on the walk realy works.ive been known to cheer and playfight at 3am with her before now lol
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
No 1s or 2s on walks Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 09:06

bonnieboy wrote:
lots of praise when she does it on the walk realy works.ive been known to cheer and playfight at 3am with her before now lol

I've done that a few times but normally it was outside I nightclub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 09:08

I wouldnt take her out for a walk straight after her dinner...
I dont think it is a real problem to be honest with you.. I would prefer that Holly do it only at home.... that way i dont have to carry a stinky poo around with me lol

we exercise Holly in the afternoon.. then wait about an hour or so, give her dinner and then she has a wee and a poo and crashes on the lounge about 8.30pm..

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 02 2011, 09:11

BlueStaffBlue wrote:
bonnieboy wrote:

I've done that a few times but normally it was outside I nightclub

So helpfull Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Wed Feb 02 2011, 09:56

i had this problem with Bruiser in the end i took him out as soon as i got up in the morning...........i usually let him in the garden first thing for toilet but i walked him instead he was so desperate he went, then he slowly got the hang on going when he was on walks all the time x
raverhayley
raverhayley
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruiser
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:25

Some girls are really clean and like to go in the same places, so I would suggest you give the outdoor area a good clean with bleach take away the scent and do as the others suggest plenty of praise and treats if she goes out on a walk
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 23:15

bonnieboy wrote:Bonnies done pretty well on the house training and has learnt to use an area at the back of the house, we keep her in the laundry room and she can get straight out to this area from there. Brilliant you say, but now we are taking her out on the leash for walks and even off leash on the beach, she just wont go!? We end up bringing her back then have to take her out the back where she goes straight away, its like shes dying to get home and go to the toilet Laughing .
Just worried we are reenforcing this by taking her out the back everytime we get home, but we couldnt give her run of the house for her to have an inevitable accident.

Anyone have any advice?

Milly is just the same when we go out Lady stop every min to do something but Milly waits till we get home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down