Is this bald patch from stress of the new puppy?

2 posters

Go down

Is this bald patch from stress of the new puppy? Empty Is this bald patch from stress of the new puppy?

Post by theravens Sat Oct 13 2012, 11:45

2 days ago I noticed my dog has a white scab on his head about the size of a UK penny coin, i brushed the hair back to look closer and the patch of hair literally fell out in my hand, he also has 2 smaller white dots on his head and it looks like the hair around those would also come out with ease.

I have taken him to visit a friend who thinks it could be stress of the new puppy, we have also moved 2 weeks ago and my adult male had lived in that house his entire life. I am more than prepared to take him to the vets but before they tell me its something it isnt I was hoping that by adding some photos of my dogs head I could narrow it down with those who themselves have staffies.

Thanks in advance

Is this bald patch from stress of the new puppy? ?ui=2&ik=334529ed4d&view=att&th=13a59b6bb02c5100&attid=0

Is this bald patch from stress of the new puppy? 78242207130812752502156

theravens
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Odin & Jung
Dog(s) Ages : 6 years and 12 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Is this bald patch from stress of the new puppy? Empty Re: Is this bald patch from stress of the new puppy?

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 13 2012, 11:57

The presence of a scab would suggest to me that there has been an injury which is now healing. Have you maybe been out walking and he has stuck his head in some bushes or anything like that which could have caused a small injury which you may not have noticed straight away ??

Could it be an insect bite that has caused the hair loss, have there been any bumps on his head ??
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Is this bald patch from stress of the new puppy? Empty Re: Is this bald patch from stress of the new puppy?

Post by theravens Sat Oct 13 2012, 12:09

kathytake2 wrote:The presence of a scab would suggest to me that there has been an injury which is now healing. Have you maybe been out walking and he has stuck his head in some bushes or anything like that which could have caused a small injury which you may not have noticed straight away ??

Could it be an insect bite that has caused the hair loss, have there been any bumps on his head ??

My partner told me that when she looked at it it was white and smooth it doesnt actually look like a scab in the sense of a wound, at first it looked like the scalp was white and smooth. Appologies for describing the scabbing in the way I did.

theravens

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13 2012, 12:11

Not had any experience with this before but I think I would take a trip to the vet just to be on the safe side

Back to top Go down

Post by theravens Sat Oct 13 2012, 12:17

jstaff wrote:Not had any experience with this before but I think I would take a trip to the vet just to be on the safe side

Yeah I am going to take him Monday because I am sure a skin scrape can rule out/in the issue.
Thanks

theravens

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13 2012, 12:21

Always best to be safe, hope it turns out to be nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down