another Health screening question again?

4 posters

Go down

another Health screening question again? Empty another Health screening question again?

Post by claire Wed Jan 19 2011, 10:53

Can anybody help please.
I have just been in contact with another potential breeder who has puppies for sale. This breeder owns mum and dad and when I asked if mum and dad had both been screened for HC and L2-HGA they said "the breeder that they got the mum and dad from had paperwork for tests but this breeder does not have access to it but does have kc paperwork. Should I steer clear? I'm not sure what to do.

claire
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

another Health screening question again? Empty Re: another Health screening question again?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 10:54

The dogs are not Brother and sister are they?...
I would be making sure of this before going any further.. as for the rest..
the others will be able to help

Back to top Go down

another Health screening question again? Empty Re: another Health screening question again?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 11:15

mel said just what i was going to say there not littermates are they by the sounds ov it they either are or from differant litters with the same parents as for the tests yes if the grandparents were clear the parents will be clear but if there breeding them selves they also should have had there two re tested so they have the proof for potential newowners.
i would steer clear if they cant come up with proof ov test clear as you cant just take them at there word

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 19 2011, 11:22

Dont know were your looking but here goes - If the sire and dams parents are tested and clear both the sire and dam are clear by birth and any puppies they have produced will be clear by birth and so on. They wont have any paperwork cause its not needed there is no way they can have or carry because they will not have the faulty gene.
Saying this there are people out there who will say anything to sell puppies,
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Wed Jan 19 2011, 11:26

does the fact that mum and dad are kc registered, mean it will show on their papers that they are clear of HC and L2-HGA?

claire

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 11:32

clair if you have the parents kc names you should be able to check what cheacks have been done on them and all results on the kc website

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Wed Jan 19 2011, 11:38

oh right ok, I'll do that. Thanks

claire

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 19 2011, 11:42

No cause its not compulsary my dog is clear of the diseases its not on his kc docs and if I would mate him I would want to see the paperwork of the bitch if they said she clear by birth then I would check her sire and dam to support this you can do this at dna-screening L2-HGA-staffordshirebullterrierthekennelclub. I hope were helping you as you seem so confused by it all can I ask your area were you are from? Have you not considered buying from someone who shows as they will more then likely have certificates you require and will be good examples of the breed Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 19 2011, 11:44

bigwazza wrote:clair if you have the parents kc names you should be able to check what cheacks have been done on them and all results on the kc website
your much quicker than me warren just said it too Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 11:49

just hoping there not litter mates now but hopfully the breeder was breeding more than one pair and all there stock arnt all related

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 19 2011, 11:55

bigwazza wrote:just hoping there not litter mates now but hopfully the breeder was breeding more than one pair and all there stock arnt all related
Laughing Dont get started on that subject again !!!!!
Seriously clair is being sensible and im sure she will find her puppy
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:02

ha ha what subject.
no but as said she will find her perfect pup but as iv said before it will take time and the wait is well worth it

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:07

gem wrote:
bigwazza wrote:just hoping there not litter mates now but hopfully the breeder was breeding more than one pair and all there stock arnt all related
Laughing Dont get started on that subject again !!!!!
Seriously clair is being sensible and im sure she will find her puppy
INTERBREEDING!!!!!!!
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:17

i wasnt going to bring it up you did lol
but its still got to be looked out for but lets leave it at that

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:23

Gem, I am from Hertfordshire by the way. And you are probably right. Maybe I should go with show breeders!

claire

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:31

warren, is it the parents of the puppies or the grandparents kennel club names I need to check on the website? I'm losing the plot!

claire

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:38

well if the grandparents were the last ones tested it will be there names.
if you dont know there names if you put in the parents it will tell you there parantage and go from there good luckk

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:40

thanks everybody. This site is so good for getting instant advice. You're probably all going to regret me joining before long!!!!!

claire

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:40

As said before Claire the colour blue is not rare at all but the nice examples are. A show dog will be tested and will look like what a staffordshire bull should look like and cause your prepared to pay so much then you should settle for nothing less. I no you dont want to show or breed but doesnt mean you should not get what you want. Try logging on to bullbreedsonline some of the people on there are really into showing and sometimes they post pics of litters they have. You need to have a 5 star home waiting and they will check you out its not for the faint hearted but you should hook up with someone on there and if you do you will get a nice dog.
Tell your story as it is!!!!!!good luck Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:44

Thanks gem, I know all about the show world. I was brought up in with my parents. They used to show and breed and judge but not staffs. I actually only asked about this latest breeder because they were selling puppies for £400. I must be honest, I don't particularly want to have to spend a fortune, but I will for the right dog. Thanks for that website address I will check it out.

claire

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:47

gem you calling memphis ugly hu your off my xmas card list now haha

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:53

bigwazza wrote:gem you calling memphis ugly hu your off my xmas card list now haha
Noooo I love memphis !!!!!! he has some lovely dogs in his pedigree also but you did well to get him dogs like him are few and far between especially the colour. Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 12:58

ye thats why the work is worth it as you say there a lot ov poor quality blues outthere only breed for money infact i think we have all the good blues on here .
it really boils my wittlle the breeding for money not for the good ov the staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 19 2011, 13:12

bigwazza wrote:ye thats why the work is worth it as you say there a lot ov poor quality blues outthere only breed for money infact i think we have all the good blues on here .
Me too!!!! whats a wittle ha ha!!!
Ive bred my dog a few times but me and the dogs breeders do so only with * who pass all our requirements we could have made a lot of money but thats not what its about in my book, we want his babies to have happy healthy lives and good homes.
There are not many of his proginary out there but some have won big and are lovely type so im happy I dont class myself as irresponsible Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 13:16

it boils my urine haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 14:09

gem wrote:There are not many of his proginary out there but some have won big and are lovely type so im happy I dont class myself as irresponsible Big Grin

No, you're not at all. What would be irresponsible is if I'd taken up every offer I've had to use Dempsey at stud - mainly from low life who want to use him on their staffy bitch! Apparently staff x bully pups go for big money! And, like you, I could have made a lot of money doing so!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Wed Jan 19 2011, 17:58

bigwazza wrote:ye thats why the work is worth it as you say there a lot ov poor quality blues outthere only breed for money infact i think we have all the good blues on here .

id love a blue.............its my birthday soon jade asked what i wanted so i said another staffie preferably blue....conversation didnt go well looks like im getting a new fishing rod lol

but i wont give up!
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
another Health screening question again? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Wed Jan 19 2011, 18:27

it is on shady and dakota's kc papers that they are clear
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 19 2011, 20:50

Well maybe its put on the pedigree if the sire and dam have been tested any puppies registered are clear so the kennel club may put it onto the pups reg documents. I no its not on my 2 because they were registered and then tested and it means I would have to re-register to get it on there Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19 2011, 20:55

The KC have a database of all dogs tested for hereditary problems. Let's face it, if you're going to go to the trouble of testing you'll almost certainly let the KC know the results unless they're bad!

I know, though, that if both parents are tested 'clear' then all puppies will be clear. However, if one parent is clear & the other is 'carrier' then the pups may be carriers also, although they would not be affected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down