Yellow Bile and Spotting Blood?

5 posters

Go down

Yellow Bile and Spotting Blood?  Empty Yellow Bile and Spotting Blood?

Post by fiend-x Mon Aug 27 2012, 11:27

My female staffy pup is only 6 1/2 months old and was fine last night drinking, eating, playing around as normal untill 3am this morning I noticed when she went for a wee a dribble of light pink blood droplets so I assumed she may be coming onto her first season also has swollen vulva and teats but since then kept getting dribbly like she would when travelsick and puked up what looks like mushrooms/veg so I thought that would be it but every half hour since then she has been puking clear frothy bile which is now a yellow colour she is really weak and not drinking at all now and very unsettled :/ I don't know whether this is due to tiredness or frightend to drink incase heaves bile again we rang vets he said seems like she is just nervous of what is going on with her body but seems to young to have her first season and never known them to be sick during it? We can't really afford to have them called out unless she does look even worse than of course but I am currently leaving water bowls everywhere and comfy sleep beds for her she will go to settle then wander off again messing around scratching her bedding? plz help! she has been known to be a nervous/sicky pup during traveling hoping its nothing serious maybe she picked something up over cliffs yesterday?
fiend-x
fiend-x
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 6 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Yellow Bile and Spotting Blood?  Empty Re: Yellow Bile and Spotting Blood?

Post by Andy Mon Aug 27 2012, 12:21

Sad ... never had a female so cant help on that score I'm afraid, but what I will say is Max has always been a cause for concern to us ... for weeks he'll be fine, then he'll eat grass and throw up, go off his food for a couple days then be ok .. regularly gets the sh!ts etc etc, and this was what he was like as a pup too really Rolling Eyes

Last year he had a couple of instence's where he had the squits which was really pale and had a few spots of blood in it .. and I had seen him chewing on the pampass grass leaves in the middle of our lawn which as you probably know are cerated and will cut through skin pretty easily doh ... so I spent a few hours chopping it down and digging out the root, and left an 8ft circle of bare earth in the middle of the lawn I dont want to s

Not much help to ya I know, just keep an eye on her and carry on the way you are doing Wink
Andy
Andy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27 2012, 12:31

If you're worried then the only real option is a trip to the vets , do you not have insurance ??
Some of the symptoms with the teats and vulva do sound like she is coming into her first season , Tilly was around 8 months , but we didn't have any problems with being sick etc , its really up to you as you see how she is

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Mon Aug 27 2012, 12:32

Hi oh dear sounds like one poorly girl.
OK firstly at 6n half mnths old she is not too young for her first seaon and definitely the spoting and swollen vulva are sure signs of her season.
I have known bitches be out of sorts due too a season but NOT those symtoms, I would say i trip too the vet is required. dogs do get sick and if its just afew times it can be nerves or something they,ve eaten, but as you say this is persistant and shes poorly i would get her too a vet asap, try a very small amount of natural yogurt this may settle her tummy is she eating at all?
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 7yrs and 1yr
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by fiend-x Mon Aug 27 2012, 12:40

Cheers for the advice guys she's in her bed sound asleep hasn't woken up for awhile to puke bile so maybe a good sleep will sort her out if she is no better by this evening then I will take her down the vets gotta feeling she has picked something up but yeah I always thought 6-9months was the right age for them to come into season so I am glad you guys agree x

PS: haven't got pup insurance yet we were looking into a good one someone said petplan? but I definately will because everytime she gets sicky I do panic lol
fiend-x
fiend-x

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Aug 28 2012, 10:45

How is she today .. any better ?
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Aug 29 2012, 10:30

One of my dogs gets ill when she has her season, she can occasionally be sick and I do remember her being quite ill on her first season. But not to the point where she couldn't keep anything down. I would wait a couple of hours, try to get her to eat somethig and then if she doesn't improve take her to the vets.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Wed Aug 29 2012, 11:42

Season can start from around 6mths and if her lady bits are swollen then ut could very well be the start.
My girl didn't cope too well on her first season she was 9mths.
She was very out of sorts, depressed and sick a few times.

Your girl needs to be looked at if she can't keep food down or refuses water all the time, she will dehydrate and that will cause more probs, so don't leave it too long before getting her checked. I would be concerned about pyometra if she gets worse xx
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by fiend-x Wed Aug 29 2012, 16:17

I am relieved to say she is finally better! it took a day for the bile to stop and she was continuing to drink water which helped but it took over two days for her to eventually eat (scrambled egg suggested by vets and little bits of her dried food) which is great because she had lost alot of weight but her spirits seem up again I'm still not sure whether its due to picking something up or worry from coming into season but it has taken 24hrs to get her back on track and I am glad she has finally ate and it's nothing too serious! cheers for all your helpful advice Smile
fiend-x
fiend-x

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down