janey
bullsmommy1
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sad somethings got to give.

Post by bullsmommy1 Tue Jul 31 2012, 17:19

First topic message reminder :

where do I start, since my 'how's is all got so bad' post bullseye has got 1000times worse, and unfortunately after biting me twice today, its looking like I'm gonna have to give him up, we've been to vets and even training classes he even seen a behaviourist whilst I was away, to try and calm this behaviour nothings working, really am devastated but after 2 bad attacks what more can. Ido. Heartbroken but I see no other way round it, :/ does anyone think there an alternative fdr my boy, or is it best to give him up now.

bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bulley, major & kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : 10,13 & 5months
Dog Gender(s) : all male
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Sad Re: somethings got to give.

Post by bullsmommy1 Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:40

wsell thats what i said but with some anti infllammatory meds he reckons it will do the job, dont worry if it doesnt work il be straight back there, he said its a possibility thats whats caused his sudden bad behaviour but he cant be sure. im hoping with these meds the pain will decrease and he'l go back to his old self, im probably hoping for a bit too much aint i Straight Face
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:44

Not necessarily. Pain can drive animals to do things quite out of character. They can't tell us, and if we can't see something's wrong they have to put up with day after day, week after week, of constant nagging pain. I think I'd probably be a little grumpy if it it were me!

Let's keep fingers & toes crossed & hope it does the trick!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:48

bullsmommy1 wrote:
Hayley wrote:A healthy dog will not starve, so there is something very wrong. I hope it will be caught in time. It could be teeth maybe?

your spot on hayley. it was a cracked tooth, i checked his teeth but i must of missed it feeling very bad now, he has pain relief though and the vet said it doesnt need to come out.

Well hopefully that will help him calm down then. What will they do with it how will it not be a pain if it doesnt come out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:49

And on pain making out of character, it deffo does. Perfect very well trained horses will nearly kill their rider if they have a tooth ache.

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Fri Aug 03 2012, 13:38

I honestly don't know its just what he said, he said it was inflammed, and that's what's causing the pain,
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 17:32

I think you'll have to wait & see. If the anti-inflams do the job & he's better for it, then maybe you could ask your vet to remove the tooth. After all, one tooth won't make a lot of difference to him, he won't miss it.

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Fri Aug 03 2012, 17:39

Glad you found an answer--hope things will start getting better once he's more comfortable.
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 19:10

I'm really glad you've found a reason for the behaviour. Obviously not glad he's in pain, but it sounds like it's a much easier thing to deal with than trying to correct his behaviour without knowing the cause. Pain can definitely cause dogs (and people) to act out of character, so it seems likely that this will be the reason. I really hope he gets better soon, both physically and his behaviour Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daijah's mum Sun Aug 05 2012, 06:38

I am new at this staffy owner ship but i have 2 things to say. Do you think he would give up on you? and do you have children of the human variety? IF this dog isnt behaving nicely then YOU as his owner should be teaching him whats right and wrong. Ive heard so many people say that staffy's are tuff but seriously, they have a heart a brain and feelings. He doesnt want you giving up on him, he wants you to teach him what is right and wrong. I bet he was sorry when he did bite you. Ive had many dogs in my life and always and will always treat them and raise them like i did my children. never have had a problem with any of my dogs. Just a thought before i sign off, have you had his hearing checked as well as his eyes? there could be a medical reason he is getting startled and biting out in his defence. ( just a thought)
Daijah's mum
Daijah's mum
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daijah
Dog(s) Ages : 15 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 05 2012, 12:05

Daijah's mum wrote:I am new at this staffy owner ship but i have 2 things to say. Do you think he would give up on you? and do you have children of the human variety? IF this dog isnt behaving nicely then YOU as his owner should be teaching him whats right and wrong. Ive heard so many people say that staffy's are tuff but seriously, they have a heart a brain and feelings. He doesnt want you giving up on him, he wants you to teach him what is right and wrong. I bet he was sorry when he did bite you. Ive had many dogs in my life and always and will always treat them and raise them like i did my children. never have had a problem with any of my dogs. Just a thought before i sign off, have you had his hearing checked as well as his eyes? there could be a medical reason he is getting startled and biting out in his defence. ( just a thought)

Make sure to read the posts at the end of a thread, the owner has already found a medical reason for this aggression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 05 2012, 12:28

Hayley wrote:
Daijah's mum wrote:I am new at this staffy owner ship but i have 2 things to say. Do you think he would give up on you? and do you have children of the human variety? IF this dog isnt behaving nicely then YOU as his owner should be teaching him whats right and wrong. Ive heard so many people say that staffy's are tuff but seriously, they have a heart a brain and feelings. He doesnt want you giving up on him, he wants you to teach him what is right and wrong. I bet he was sorry when he did bite you. Ive had many dogs in my life and always and will always treat them and raise them like i did my children. never have had a problem with any of my dogs. Just a thought before i sign off, have you had his hearing checked as well as his eyes? there could be a medical reason he is getting startled and biting out in his defence. ( just a thought)

Make sure to read the posts at the end of a thread, the owner has already found a medical reason for this aggression.

Yes, bearing in mind the op has already said that there was, in the end, a medical reason for the behaviour, your post comes across as very rude & judgemental. An apology wouldn't go amiss.

Last edited by Caryll on Sun Aug 05 2012, 12:42; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling x 2!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 05 2012, 13:27

really pleased you have found a reason for all of this, let's get him fixed and take a couple of steps back and put it behind you. I realise it must make you a little nervous to say the least now but you must come out of this really positively and not give anything away to him , you will be back on course in no time >Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:50

Caryll wrote:
Hayley wrote:

Yes, bearing in mind the op has already said that there was, in the end, a medical reason for the behaviour, your post comes across as very rude & judgemental. An apology wouldn't go amiss.

sorry hayley and caryll Blushing but i think your being a bit harsh she a new member may not know how to navagate the forum yet i think this may have been an honest mistake looked at the topic from the start then at bottem of 1st page seen reply box never relised there was another 2 pages with a possible reason for the problems Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sun Aug 05 2012, 16:18

Caryll wrote:
Hayley wrote:

honestly dont worry, shes entitled to an opinion. no i dont have human children, And im sorry that you think im giving up on him, but i wouldnt do that without good reason, i DO have a medical reason, im sorting it, but thankyou for your advice.. Big Grin
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sun Aug 05 2012, 16:22

Dave wrote:really pleased you have found a reason for all of this, let's get him fixed and take a couple of steps back and put it behind you. I realise it must make you a little nervous to say the least now but you must come out of this really positively and not give anything away to him , you will be back on course in no time >Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

Thank-you Dave, yeah i think we'll be back to normal in no time with a lot of persistency and patience i am determined to get my boy back to tip top health. Big Grin we go out for a couple hours every morning and do some basic training and bonding.
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sun Aug 05 2012, 20:27

So good that you have a diagnosis! I thought I spotted an infected tooth for Ledger a few months back and when he wouldn't let me check his teeth like normal and tried to bite me I knew something was wrong. I had the vet remove it and they found a second one also going so took that out at the same time. He was missing a couple of canines when I rescued him so it will be doggy dentures soon Big Grin

Enjoy rebonding with Bulley

jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sun Aug 05 2012, 22:20

Yeah, he's not back on kibble yet but he'll get there. :-) thankyou.
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down