urine infection!

5 posters

Go down

urine infection! Empty urine infection!

Post by lolalollypop Wed Jan 05 2011, 17:42

lola had a visit to the vets earlier cus she started having dark wee then like treacle turns out she has a urine infection Sad shes on antibiotics now so fingers crossed all will be fine.worried me half to death but shes acting like nothings wrong still eating playing and stealing shoes! funniest thing ive ever seen is lola with my size nine trainer in her mouth trying to work out how to get on the sofa then after 2 attempts managing it.she then decided my sons football should join the shoe! after half hour the sofa was covered with4 odd shoes a football a scarf and 2 playstation games with her sitting in the middle of it all looking dead proud of herself lol vet says i shouldnt worry and its to do with the stress of moving but im quite concerned about her timmidness makes me wonder if shes had a few smacks before she joined us? shes coming out of her shell now though she knows she wont be smacked again.i shouldnt realy allow her on the sofa i know but she loves cuddling up to me or jade on a night time and shes definately becoming a daddys girl lol gunna waitt for her to get over the urine infection then introduce her too mildred our 17 hand shire cross horse would be brill if the get along as esme and milly realy dont like each other .
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
urine infection! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

urine infection! Empty Re: urine infection!

Post by Cornish-Muscle Wed Jan 05 2011, 18:08

Awww, poor lola.
I remember the 2nd day we had Molly she had a water infection, I sat in the waiting room with her cradled in my arms (She was only 6 weeks old) and I cried I was so worried.
She had a lot of water infections, after a second opinion we were told to give her a mixture of dried food AND wet food, as the dry food made her urine too alkali. Just something to bear in mind.

Hope she gets better soon, and keep persevering with her, she'll get better and better soon, I'm sure she'll learn that you're a loving parent/owner and come out of her shell soon Smile
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 18:14

I hope she recoveres quickle they usually do, her timidness might be because she a little weak because of the infection and knows her weakness or it might be because she has been hit before, letting her up on the sofa is fine for the cuddles and affection but only if you invite her up not coming and going as she pleases type of thing. Its a little odd but the only breed i'v know who enjoy the company of horses are staffies/sheppards so introduced properly they shoud be fine. good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jan 05 2011, 18:22

Poor Lola. Hope she gets well soon.

The collecting toy thing just had me in stitches I can see it know, brillient Smile there so robust, they never know when they have anything wrong with themselves!

Keep working on Lola, she'll come out of her shell eventually!!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 05 2011, 20:34

AWWW poor baby hope shes better soon
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 21:02

She will be as good as new soon... it is a worry when they are sick .
I have given Holly her own toy box... anything that goes in there is hers.. and she knows it...
anything else she touches gets a firm "ahhhh leave it".. it really is working.. she tried to get a thong this morning and i didnt even have to yell.. I just looked at her adn she dropped it and went straight to her toy box...
if you want her on the sofa that is fine your house your rules.
I think they are very good at working out what you want from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 21:07

Poor little thing, I'm sure she'll be much better soon. The timidness could well be bad traetment before, but they soon recover when they are treated well & given lots of love!

Mel Skora wrote:.. she tried to get a thong this morning

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor Sorry, I just can't get over that! A thong in the UK is SO different to a thong in Australia! rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 00:47

hope she is feeling better soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Jan 06 2011, 12:03

Im sure she will be great bwith the horse. My staffords and my horse love each other, the staffs lie in her field and she huffs at them and rubs them with her muzzle.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down